Ad feedback thread

I was able to locate this Dripdrop ad and it's been removed from our system.

In the future if you guys can post a screenshot and target url, that's helpful. :hi:

Nice, thanks! That pop-up was getting really annoying.

Their advertisement was visually attractive and attention grabbing enough that they really didn't need to resort to annoying the viewer.

God a mobile pop up, "upgrade your flash player" something or other, unfortunately backed away from the page prior to taking a screenshot

Look like this? I've had it a couple of times today

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-14-19-10-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-14-19-10-31.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
Really freak?

I know I drive a Miata but it ain't like that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 55
http://s27.postimg.org/ega04cm43/badad.png

badad.png

This is the second time going through finding where I got Adware issues that snowballed. Any suggestions?

Thanks Coug. I saw something similar this morning and I hopefully tracked down.

Haven't seen any of those issues originating from here. I am still trying to track down a couple of annoying popups, though.

I have seen them from here...all do respect freak

I have seen them from here...all do respect freak

Adware can be flagged sometimes for a simple tracking cookie or an ad that redirects to another page, as we experienced a while back with an ad that redirected on mobile to the Apple store to download an app. Those are annoying but not malicious. And we've been able to track those down and remove them.

We've had zero instances of viruses on this site in eleven years. And if we did, with millions of page views every month, it would be much more widespread than one or two users.

If you are having specific issues with something, feel free to email me with details (vol_freak@yahoo.com) and I'll be happy to discuss it with you and help research it further. But I can assure you that you aren't getting viruses from this site.

Black box finally had a video in it. Appears to be news stories from reuters. Couldn't pull a link from the video

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-03-08-06-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-03-08-06-54.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2014-12-03-08-06-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-03-08-06-07.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 0
Had this just come up. Confused the living hell out of me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-04-21-46-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-04-21-46-01.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2
I do a lot of browsing on my galaxy s4 using Google chrome. The site has recently become unusable due to these pop up ad video player that shows up when I try to respond to most threads.

I do a lot of browsing on my galaxy s4 using Google chrome. The site has recently become unusable due to these pop up ad video player that shows up when I try to respond to most threads.

Yeah, it seems to be random but I should have that resolved this weekend.

***EDIT: Actually, I went ahead and completely disabled that ad slot. Please clear your cache and let me know if it continues.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks Coug. I saw something similar this morning and I hopefully tracked down.

Haven't seen any of those issues originating from here. I am still trying to track down a couple of annoying popups, though.

NM its gone today

Last edited:
Is there a way to opt out of these?

The video ads at the bottom of the page are keeping me off VN.

Is there a way to opt out of these?

The video ads at the bottom of the page are keeping me off VN.

If you can post a screenshot and/or a link where they take you and I should be able to block them. I hate those things but sometimes they sneak through. :hi:

The video ads at the bottom are distracting...I like to leave the VN window open but its irritating to be watching something and it get interrupted by a video ad playing in another window..the ads are by ad choices..how about a premium no ad option? :)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back