About that Shot block record

A very comfortable lead made it possible to concentrate on watching Tamari's work in the paint. At this point, she is actively hunting blocks. That's not to say that she forces the issue...she told tv announcers (Peck or Sorenson) that is letting the ball come to her. Big kudos to Coach Joy for her help in development.

Ever watched a cat stalking its prey? Watch TK as she moves across the paint following the ball. She's coiled like a panther, like a King Cobra, just waiting for the prey to make a mistake and come within reach. Come into my parlor, my pretty. She has an almost hypnotic, lazer-focused, heat-seeking, locked-in intensity. You can almost sense her eagerness to have the opponent challenge her turf. The anticipation of the moment is its own reward; the block itself is almost an afterthought.

A rare and special talent. And she's ours...all ours.

A very comfortable lead made it possible to concentrate on watching Tamari's work in the paint. At this point, she is actively hunting blocks. That's not to say that she forces the issue...she told tv announcers (Peck or Sorenson) that is letting the ball come to her. Big kudos to Coach Joy for her help in development.

Ever watched a cat stalking its prey? Watch TK as she moves across the paint following the ball. She's coiled like a panther, like a King Cobra, just waiting for the prey to make a mistake and come within reach. Come into my parlor, my pretty. She has an almost hypnotic, lazer-focused, heat-seeking, locked-in intensity. You can almost sense her eagerness to have the opponent challenge her turf. The anticipation of the moment is its own reward; the block itself is almost an afterthought.

For just 1 more year 😭😭😭😭😭

Wax poetic my brother! Love the Big Cat/ Coiled Cobra analogy.

I know other fans are laughing at our fervent praise of the Queen of the Block, but dang, I can't quit thinking about it. We been starved in the wilderness for too long. How does she block them? Let me count the ways! I love that she blocks in every style and direction, the shooter is never safe. Every shot is altered.

It seems like alot of her blocks actually stay in play. She could swat to the fifth row and get on Sports Center but seldom does. Uses it like the defensive weapon it should be. I wonder how many of her blocks result in us getting possession?

Also love her new attitude about it all. No staredowns, tho I'll allow her one if/when she blocks Boston. It's all kind of routine and expected in her paint. Bama don't tear down no goal posts.

Just had an idea! TK gets to add one eyelash for every shot she blocks. Like notches on the belt!

Last edited:

In my coaching defense, i often use the "cat" as well...the cat rarely "just pounces",,,it uses its size and span to control, frustrate and corner it's prey...I teach this same thing in 1-on-1 defense for the taller player playing a shorter opponent,,,"Control your quarry and when you have them at their weakest, then pounce!,,,and jot just within the paint,,,on the floor,,,use your span to quarry the smaller faster opponent, then pounce when you "know" its a good leap

AT this rate, Key may be on the other side of the record before the season's end
Candace only played 3 seasons, and I think Tamari is a way better shot blocker. The fact that she's pulling this off in 3 abbreviated seasons (I'm sure there will be a Tenn game postponement/cancellation or two) is even more impressive.

I loved it when one of them said something about TN needing to be able maintain contact in order to to "chip away at the lead."

The score at the time was 21-20.

?????????????????

I literally laughed out loud when the announcer said that. It seemed like they'd come up with that phrase at the point A&M was up by 8, got interrupted at that moment and couldn't say it, and was so determined to say it that they finally worked it into the conversation at 21-20. LOL!

We'll send her a copy of Darth's Greatest Disparaging Posts. She'll be so hacked off that she'll come back for a fifth year just to rub his nose in it.

Sometimes y'all make it tempting for me to take Barf off of ignore mode just to see what he's been saying lately. But then I remember that I'd rather someone poke me in the eye with a flaming, sharpened stick than go down that rabbit hole. Such a miserable person. :rolleyes:

Yep, 11 blocks per game would get her to the record quite soon. No complaints if that happens.
As I stated in post #5, I believe Tamari will surpass the LVs record for blocked shots sometime this season. And most impressive, she is on pace to break the record in less games than CP3 (see post ##8, 9). Great job TK.

VN Store

Back