About that Shot block record

Great post creek! I too wish Teonni would give the Lady Vols a look. ... If we make a deep tournament run I could see little sis taking an interest in playing with big sis for her senior season….sibling relationships are interesting though.

They seem very close, so I doubt there was a sibling issue that made Teonni choose North Carolina. The way she looked in her first photos wearing that Carolina uniform -- her face was glowing, her smile was so HUGE -- told me loud and clear that Teonni was fulfilling a childhood dream. I mean, she grew up in North Carolina a diehard Tarheels fan. Of COURSE it was a great choice for her!

Do I wish she'd come to Tennessee? Oh yeah. But I'm not going to be that greedy because I know we were lucky as heck to have been able to get Tamari out of North Carolina's grip! That reminds me. I need to light another "Thank you, basketball gods, for bringing us Tamari Key" candle tonight.

I guess I will attempt to answer a question because the person your quoting has you on ignore. Her sister plays for Tennessee and that's more than what a typical recruit can say.

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, even though he never gives a Tennessee player, coach, or administrator any benefit of any doubt.

I guess I will attempt to answer a question because the person your quoting has you on ignore. Her sister plays for Tennessee and that's more than what a typical recruit can say.

This really needed elaboration?

After numerous visits to Knoxville as a recruit to visit her sister -- who she's obviously very close to and undoubtedly had in-depth discussions about the program -- "giving the Lady Vols a look" is a brilliant idea...

This really needed elaboration?

After numerous visits to Knoxville as a recruit to visit her sister -- who she's obviously very close to and undoubtedly had in-depth discussions about the program -- "giving the Lady Vols a look" is a brilliant idea...

Hey Darth, I’m over here. No need to sub-post. 😊

You’re not worth the time to dislike. I just find you sad, has to be a miserable life being so miserable. Carry on.

Tamari and Teonni aren’t twins like some teams who have sisters on their roster.With Tamari being older maybe she just didn’t want to follow her sister I mean I didn’t go to the same college as my siblings lol I made sure not too 😂😂😂 it is a bummer she didn’t commit to us but let’s not somehow make this Kellie’s fault lol at least we got 1 key sister

Tamari looks like she's having the time of her life. Loook at how much fun she's having in the post-game celebrations. Listen to her interviews and commercials. Watch her going all out, even blocking while on her knees.

If a potential recruit goes elsewhere, it won't be due to conversations with TK.

I said at the time, I don't think Teoni's decision had much to do w the LVs program or coach. I believe siblings either really want to play together or really DON'T want to play together. Neither is a reflection of the program nor of the sibling relationship. Probably thought their relationship was best served by not living and working together.

Even more understandable when one sib decides to stay close to home and the other wants to branch out a bit. And they're close enough that the parents can see both play, not like Teoni went to Oregon or something.

None of this, of course, stops opposing recruiters fm spinning it as a big LV rejection but I don't think that's true.

Tamari and Teonni aren’t twins like some teams who have sisters on their roster.With Tamari being older maybe she just didn’t want to follow her sister I mean I didn’t go to the same college as my siblings lol I made sure not too 😂😂😂 it is a bummer she didn’t commit to us but let’s not somehow make this Kellie’s fault lol at least we got 1 key sister
agree,,,some times a younger sister wants to cast her own shadow

It could also be a function of area/state loyalty. Seems more plausible than sibling rivalry or coach relationships.

Exactly. Also, in her situation and after probably watching her how mother probably struggled (like most out-of-state parents would) to travel to Tamari’s games in Knoxville, an almost 6-hour drive from Cary, Teonni may have wanted to throw her mom a bone and give her an option to drive 23 miles to watch her play in Chapel Hill.

It’s unbelievably unfair for some people to act like there was a failure on the part of Kellie and her staff to blame for Teonni choosing her dream school.

As Tamari Key moves up the list with over 200 blocks, she is on pace to pass Kelly Cain this season and, next season to pass Candace Parker's LV record of 275 block shots. On that record, Parker set that standard while only playing 3 seasons for the LVS. She averaged 91 blocks per season while playing multiple positions, including PG during one stretch of the 2005-2006 season. And of course she also lead the team in scoring and rebounds those same seasons. What an amazing college career and prelude of what was to come as a pro.

AT this rate, Key may be on the other side of the record before the season's end

VN Store

Back