AAU thread

hammer22

Wanted to start a separate thread to collect all of the AAU information, streams, results, highlights, etc. of our four commits as well as some younger prospects.

Miles and Wynn (playing on KY Premier 17U EYBL) have a tournament in Indianapolis this weekend. They should have very good competition:
- July 5, 7:30 vs. Tree of Hope EYBL
- July 6, 5:30 vs. GTS Fusion (Azzi Fudd’s team)
- July 6, 9:15 vs. Nike Lady Gym Rats
- July 7, 12:30 vs. Team Elite EYBL (Hollingshead and McPherson’s team)
- July 7, 4:15 vs. All Iowa Attack EYBL

Games will be streamed on BallerTV.

Wanted to start a separate thread to collect all of the AAU information, streams, results, highlights, etc. of our four commits as well as some younger prospects.

Miles and Wynn (playing on KY Premier 17U EYBL) have a tournament in Indianapolis this weekend. They should have very good competition:
- July 5, 7:30 vs. Tree of Hope EYBL
- July 6, 5:30 vs. GTS Fusion (Azzi Fudd’s team)
- July 6, 9:15 vs. Nike Lady Gym Rats
- July 7, 12:30 vs. Team Elite EYBL (Hollingshead and McPherson’s team)
- July 7, 4:15 vs. All Iowa Attack EYBL

Games will be streamed on BallerTV.
wow so the AAU szn is in full motion then.........

I don’t believe Wynn is participating in this tournament (or I totally just missed her), but I just finished watching Miles’ game.

They played Tree of Hope from Washington. They weren’t very good and did not have any kids on the top ESPN lists, but it was nice to see Miles play. Premier won by 15ish.

While Miles didn’t score any points (probably 0-5 FG and 0-2 FT), she was as quick as advertised. She had quite a few assists and steals (also a few too many turnovers).

Her effort was a little inconsistent at times (example: sometimes not crossing half court to get back on defense after a bad play), but her on-ball defense is really, really good. Her on-ball defense really set the tone throughout the game as she racked up steals. She also does a nice job of getting in the passing lanes. When she is giving full effort, I sure wouldn’t want her guarding me.

Looking forward to watching her play Fudd tomorrow. BTW, Team Elite (with Hollingshead and McPherson) dropped out.

I don’t believe Wynn is participating in this tournament (or I totally just missed her), but I just finished watching Miles’ game.

They played Tree of Hope from Washington. They weren’t very good and did not have any kids on the top ESPN lists, but it was nice to see Miles play. Premier won by 15ish.

While Miles didn’t score any points (probably 0-5 FG and 0-2 FT), she was as quick as advertised. She had quite a few assists and steals (also a few too many turnovers).

Her effort was a little inconsistent at times (example: sometimes not crossing half court to get back on defense after a bad play), but her on-ball defense is really, really good. Her on-ball defense really set the tone throughout the game as she racked up steals. She also does a nice job of getting in the passing lanes. When she is giving full effort, I sure wouldn’t want her guarding me.

Looking forward to watching her play Fudd tomorrow. BTW, Team Elite (with Hollingshead and McPherson) dropped out.

Where’d you watch?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Where’d you watch?
Games are streamed on BallerTV. It is annoyingly expensive, but I did an annual subscription during a sale last year.

They have five more games this weekend, but games from last season are also accessible.

Games are streamed on BallerTV. It is annoyingly expensive, but I did an annual subscription during a sale last year.

They have five more games this weekend, but games from last season are also accessible.

Awesome! Thanks for keeping us posted

Thanks for the report albeit a little disconcerting.

Hey hammer, any other results for Miles team? Is Fudd really that good?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Hey hammer, any other results for Miles team? Is Fudd really that good?
Still have to watch yesterday’s games, but I did watch a little of the game against Fudd, and she is “that good.” Her shot was pretty much automatic. I think she had 25 points against Miles’ team. I wish Wynn was there, because she would have been a much better defensive matchup on Fudd. Fudd’s midrange jumper is what sets her apart. She is the total package - unselfish, quick, strong, skilled, everything.

Miles’ team lost 39-49. I believe Miles had four points - two layups. A variety of assists and steals (and turnovers) as per usual. I’m assuming this is one of their first tournaments together, so they don’t look totally comfortable playing together yet.

Last edited:
Still have to watch yesterday’s games, but I did watch a little of the game against Fudd, and she is “that good.” Her shot was pretty much automatic. I think she had 25 points against Miles’ team. I wish Wynn was there, because she would have been a much better defensive matchup on Fudd. Fudd’s midrange jumper is what sets her apart. She is the total package - unselfish, quick, strong, skilled, everything.

Miles’ team lost 39-49. I believe Miles had four points - two layups. A variety of assists and steals (and turnovers) as per usual. I’m assuming this is one of their first tournaments together, so they don’t look totally comfortable playing together yet.

That is the kind of player we have to add to our roster. A great player makes others better.

Reactions: mcannon1
That is the kind of player we have to add to our roster. A great player makes others better.

True indeed! I feel like Kellie May have to build the faith back up in this program. To attract those players so the “good” players she gets will have to win games to attract the great players. Look at Vic at MSU.

True indeed! I feel like Kellie May have to build the faith back up in this program. To attract those players so the “good” players she gets will have to win games to attract the great players. Look at Vic at MSU.

Could be right. But, a new coach has a chance to sell the one elite kid on being the missing piece especially when she loses her best player after this year.

Thanks for the recaps @hammer22 ! I’ve watched Miles play about 5-6 times and that mirrors my observations. She is jet-quick and has a good handle, but she will need to develop a consistent outside shot to be a threat on offense at the next level.

I’m watching Striplin and Puckett play this weekend at the War Games tourney. (As well as Weathers 2022, Booker 2023, and Cambridge 2024).

I’ll post recaps of the games in this thread.

First game I watched was Al Southern Starz (Puckett and Striplin) vs TN Team Pride Black. Starz won by 5-10 points, but was never really close. Don’t know any players on the other team but was really just watching our girls.

Puckett-probably had 18-20 points, scored in a variety of ways. Quick trigger on shot and range to the arc. Will definitely open things up for TK and Jordy. Brandon Clay’s eval saying “she never gets sped up” rings true every time I watch her. She’s a steadying force on offense. Will need to work on man defense to guard on the perimeter in the SEC, but I think she’s the most game-ready of our signees.

Striplin-easy 20+ points for Karoline. Was automatic at the line. (I would guess 10-10 but she may have missed one). She’s strong and her spin move is quick. I’d like to see her get a little more elevation at the rim to finish some of those chippies, but was very effective down low and attacking from the high post in this game. She didn’t hit any jump shots, but I know she’s got range. I think she’ll be a great stretch-four to pair with TK down low.

Thanks for the recaps @hammer22 ! I’ve watched Miles play about 5-6 times and that mirrors my observations. She is jet-quick and has a good handle, but she will need to develop a consistent outside shot to be a threat on offense at the next level.

I’m watching Striplin and Puckett play this weekend at the War Games tourney. (As well as Weathers 2022, Booker 2023, and Cambridge 2024).

I’ll post recaps of the games in this thread.

First game I watched was Al Southern Starz (Puckett and Striplin) vs TN Team Pride Black. Starz won by 5-10 points, but was never really close. Don’t know any players on the other team but was really just watching our girls.

Puckett-probably had 18-20 points, scored in a variety of ways. Quick trigger on shot and range to the arc. Will definitely open things up for TK and Jordy. Brandon Clay’s eval saying “she never gets sped up” rings true every time I watch her. She’s a steadying force on offense. Will need to work on man defense to guard on the perimeter in the SEC, but I think she’s the most game-ready of our signees.

Striplin-easy 20+ points for Karoline. Was automatic at the line. (I would guess 10-10 but she may have missed one). She’s strong and her spin move is quick. I’d like to see her get a little more elevation at the rim to finish some of those chippies, but was very effective down low and attacking from the high post in this game. She didn’t hit any jump shots, but I know she’s got range. I think she’ll be a great stretch-four to pair with TK down low.

Thanks for the reports. Good to hear those two are starting with some offensive skills. Back to Miles, it’s not often a power five level player goes for 0 and 4 in successive AAU games.

Thanks for the reports. Good to hear those two are starting with some offensive skills. Back to Miles, it’s not often a power five level player goes for 0 and 4 in successive AAU games.

While her shooting wasn’t good... she didn’t go 0’fer in the second game the later said she had four points on two layups.

Were you talking About from the line ?

Miles is not brought in to be a scorer, she is brought in for a purpose,,,to match us up with those tiny lightning quick mighty mites, that have given us fits for several years

She will become a very important role player for the Lady Vols

Miles vs. Fudd:

Mile's team on Fudd's team
Miles didn't defend Fudd until Fudd had already scored 15 of Fusion's first 19 points.
Then she face guarded her and she shut her down for a while.

Miles should have gotten several blocking fouls calls her drives: 1:32,,31:27 and a few minutes later,,,no call,,, and no working of the ref from the bench by coach,,,just arms folded and raised ala CHW

Ky has no scorers they went 8 for 32(I think) in the first half...can't win shooting 25% against elite competition.

I quit watching after the 33 minute mark

BUT, this was not Miles versus Fudd,,
it was a Fusion v KY EYBL

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Miles vs. Fudd:

Thanks for posting. Always interested in watching our incoming freshmen play.
What are our chances with Fudd ?
She's exactly the kind of player that could put us back into final four contention.
A lights out shooter.

Reactions: lfvol
Thanks for posting. Always interested in watching our incoming freshmen play.
What are our chances with Fudd ?
She's exactly the kind of player that could put us back into final four contention.
A lights out shooter.
We have no chance with Fudd. She’s UCONN’s to lose.

Hard game to watch....The green team was scorer challenged.
Fudd does seem like the real deal....Damn UConn, again.

VN Store

Back