A thank you

First, what a hell of a season we all witnessed. This team rocked and left us all with a lot of great memories. Thanks to all of the true ones that stuck it out all season long on here and didn’t miss a game. Thank you all for allowing me to create the game threads and thank you all for participating.

I can’t remember having so much fun on here. We all watched the ups and downs and had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. I look forward to next season and building on what happened this year. Thanks again and everyone have a great off season. GBO!!!

Thanks for getting the game threads up and running. I had a blast this season and watched every game but 3-4, and that was due to IT difficulties. Go Vols!

First, what a hell of a season we all witnessed. This team rocked and left us all with a lot of great memories. Thanks to all of the true ones that stuck it out all season long on here and didn’t miss a game. Thank you all for allowing me to create the game threads and thank you all for participating.

I can’t remember having so much fun on here. We all watched the ups and downs and had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. I look forward to next season and building on what happened this year. Thanks again and everyone have a great off season. GBO!!!

You deserve a big thank you as well. Every single series, or game I could jump on here and the info I was looking for directly from you. I hope you get extra milk and cookies tonight! You deserve them.

Posted this in The Dugout thread, and wanted to cross post it here too:

One more thought popped into my mind that I had to say: I’m especially grateful to Evan, Luc, and Redmond for returning for their Super Senior seasons. They provided leadership, experience, and were the bridge to last year’s team. While their eligibility is now up, wow, they were members of two historic seasons, and winners of SEC Championship Titles. I will always remember a photo of the three of them embracing while confetti flew around them during the conference tourney title celebration. Not only did they experience so many moments from this season, they witnessed the baseball program’s rise from rock bottom to #1 in all of college baseball. That is a unique lifetime experience that they’ll always share and have.

Look forward to welcoming them back as VFLs in the future.

Yes sir. I couldn’t agree more. I don’t know that I will ever enjoy a team and season ,ore than this year. I can’t imagine not seeing Evan, Drew, Luc, Trey, Redmond, Jordan, and Sewell wear the orange and white. They will be sorely missed But never forgotten as they built the foundation for a program that will be strong for years to come. GBO!

What I am about to say is banworthy. I am a lifelong hater of ND in everything, but I am not sure I will be rooting against them in Omaha.
I met many of the ND team by happenstance after the game at dinner and at the hotel. They are quality young men and I will be pulling for them to win it all. They are so fundamentally sound and have tons of experience.

I can't lie I have tried to shake it but this one hurts. It really does. I would like to say that this is the best team I have witnessed. They provided us Fans an outlet and joy. These young guys will be remember by this guy for a long long time. Most of all THIS team made Baseball fun again. I loved last years team but this one was even more special. To Volnation and the Basball Forum especially I have really enjoyed the conversations with all of you ladies and gentlemen. It has truly been one hell of a fantastic ride. Looking forward to next year and getting back to Omaha. And if by chance we don't, it wont be long and I will always be a Volunteer no matter what. Hell of a season and congrats to Notre Dame and goodluck in Omaha.

What I am about to say is banworthy. I am a lifelong hater of ND in everything, but I am not sure I will be rooting against them in Omaha.

Out of curiosity, why won't you be rooting against them since you hate ND? I certainly will be rooting against them. I always pull against teams that beat Tennessee.

I am a Tennessee fan of every sport. However, when a sport like baseball is winning, and winning big, I watch religiously. I have watched more college baseball this year than ever before. Not just Tennessee, but the other Regional and Super Regional games. This team has been amazing and entertaining at the same time. Yes, I am disappointed, but I refuse to forget all of the exciting games, not to mention historic games like 27-2 over Miss. State. Thank you Big Orange Baseball and Tony Vitello for the allowing me to watch your amazing ride through the 2022 season.

Great team and lots of fun this season. It sucks going out like this. Honestly I think it’s a reflection of the losing traditions and culture permeating UT that’s too great for even a historically loaded team to overcome. We should be happy with regular season runs and conference titles because that’s as good as TN has ever been. We can be good at club sports like Rugby and have been good at women’a basketball but losing culture programs can’t get it done for the big trophies. Not even with coaches like Vitello and players like ours. Put those same folks in a LSU or Bama jersey and they cruise to the title.
Just a really horrible take.

Great team and lots of fun this season. It sucks going out like this. Honestly I think it’s a reflection of the losing traditions and culture permeating UT that’s too great for even a historically loaded team to overcome. We should be happy with regular season runs and conference titles because that’s as good as TN has ever been. We can be good at club sports like Rugby and have been good at women’a basketball but losing culture programs can’t get it done for the big trophies. Not even with coaches like Vitello and players like ours. Put those same folks in a LSU or Bama jersey and they cruise to the title.
it seems like Bama would suit you much better. 😂

VN Store

Back