A thank you

Watching the games and talking with all of you guys this season has been the most fun I’ve had watching sports in a long time. It was a truly special season for me. The first time going to a ball game with my dad in a long time and my sons first game as well (we don’t live close to Knoxville or we’d make a lot more). I hate that it’s over, it sucks so bad. I can’t wait for next year, but I’ll never forget this year and this group of players.

Great team and lots of fun this season. It sucks going out like this. Honestly I think it’s a reflection of the losing traditions and culture permeating UT that’s too great for even a historically loaded team to overcome. We should be happy with regular season runs and conference titles because that’s as good as TN has ever been. We can be good at club sports like Rugby and have been good at women’a basketball but losing culture programs can’t get it done for the big trophies. Not even with coaches like Vitello and players like ours. Put those same folks in a LSU or Bama jersey and they cruise to the title.

Great team and lots of fun this season. It sucks going out like this. Honestly I think it’s a reflection of the losing traditions and culture permeating UT that’s too great for even a historically loaded team to overcome. We should be happy with regular season runs and conference titles because that’s as good as TN has ever been. We can be good at club sports like Rugby and have been good at women’a basketball but losing culture programs can’t get it done for the big trophies. Not even with coaches like Vitello and players like ours. Put those same folks in a LSU or Bama jersey and they cruise to the title.

Losing tradition and culture programs? That’s a broad brush you paint over the entire Tennessee athletic program. On the contrary, the overall health of the athletic program is strong. Talk about major BVS on your part.

Next….

I have never been a fan of baseball and can honestly say Ive never watched a college or MLB game and I'm 56 yrs old. Now I will still never watch a MLB game but I can't wait till next season! I will definitely be adding some baseball memorabilia to my collection.

Thanks to CTV and this team for changing that. You guys have made baseball fun to watch! Good luck to each and everyone of you in your future endeavors! You will always be remembered! Thanks for the memories!

Losing tradition and culture programs? That’s a broad brush you paint over the entire Tennessee athletic program. On the contrary, the overall health of the athletic program is strong. Talk about major BVS on your part.

Next….
I won’t contest I’ve got a case of BVS, but show me the winning traditions at a championship level in the modern era other than women’s basketball and track. You’ll likely point to the ‘94-‘04 football years. Sure-they won conference titles and lots of games but massively underachieved in nattys. They should have easily had more than ‘98. This is because UT athletics is only relevant in the regular season and somewhat for conference titles. Take basketball-even USCjr and Auburn-with zero basketball history-have a final four. UT is second most in overall all-time wins with one elite 8. Baseball has be nonexistent outside of Delmonico and now. I’m very optimistic about the coaches we have other than Barnes-I just am pessimistic with regard to them being able to raise banners because UT chokes and underperforms when it comes to hanging banners.

This has been an incredible season that my boys and I will always remember. It’s a shame that it came to such a heartbreaking end, but that is the brutal nature of sports.

The baseVols scratched and clawed out an epic season, but entering the postseason that is all wiped away, every team starts even, there is tremendous pressure after such a dominant season, and the ball bounces where it will.

The Vitello train will continue full speed onward and we are excited to be on board for the ride. However, we will sorely miss the core group of VFLs who move on. Every time we have encountered them at camp or whatnot, it has been an absolute joy. While it is bittersweet, we’ll always be thankful for the memories.

F8590858-4659-44D9-9D96-F580CBE295B0.jpeg47F1920B-791D-4B1E-B99E-F33540004A05.jpeg39CB934E-3967-4D26-892D-CA1C3BFF85B8.jpeg67785FDC-E801-4BD5-B924-881201AD4022.jpeg

I have never been a fan of baseball and can honestly say Ive never watched a college or MLB game and I'm 56 yrs old. Now I will still never watch a MLB game but I can't wait till next season! I will definitely be adding some baseball memorabilia to my collection.

Thanks to CTV and this team for changing that. You guys have made baseball fun to watch! Good luck to each and everyone of you in your future endeavors! You will always be remembered! Thanks for the memories!

You’re old.

Just kidding, I was born in ‘67.

Hate it for the boys but what a great season, despite the disappointing ending. Baseball was always my favorite sport growing up, but I wrote off MLB years ago when the players went on one of their many strikes. Hadn't really watched NCAA until this year, but I'll be ready to watch the BaseVols next year. No matter what, It's Great to Be a Tennessee Vol!

I won’t contest I’ve got a case of BVS, but show me the winning traditions at a championship level in the modern era other than women’s basketball and track. You’ll likely point to the ‘94-‘04 football years. Sure-they won conference titles and lots of games but massively underachieved in nattys. They should have easily had more than ‘98. This is because UT athletics is only relevant in the regular season and somewhat for conference titles. Take basketball-even USCjr and Auburn-with zero basketball history-have a final four. UT is second most in overall all-time wins with one elite 8. Baseball has be nonexistent outside of Delmonico and now. I’m very optimistic about the coaches we have other than Barnes-I just am pessimistic with regard to them being able to raise banners because UT chokes and underperforms when it comes to hanging banners.

Volleyball made the second round of the postseason this year.
Men’s Tennis won the SEC Conference Tourney last season and made it to the Final Four of their national tournament this season.
Women’s soccer won its SEC Conference tourney this past season and made a run in their postseason.
Women’s basketball went to the sweet 16.
Men’s basketball won its SEC Conference Tourney title this past season (first since 1979).
Baseball - regular season champs, SEC tourney champs (first since 1995), hosted a Regional and Super Regional

Perhaps it’s just me, but I count all of the above as programs with winning traditions.

By your "standards", almost every school has underachieved due to the nattys they haven't won.

I maintain that the overall health of Tennessee athletics is strong, and will continue competing at a high level and compete for championships.

Last edited:
Volleyball made the second record of the postseason this year.
Men’s Tennis won the SEC Conference Tourney last season and made it to the Final Four of their national tournament this season.
Women’s soccer won its SEC Conference tourney this past season and made a run in their postseason.
Women’s basketball went to the sweet 16.
Men’s basketball won its SEC Conference Tourney title this past season (first since 1979).
Baseball - regular season champs, SEC tourney champs, hosted a Regional and Super Regional.

If every school was measured by national championships, then almost every school, by your standards, has underachieved.

I maintain that the overall health of Tennessee athletics is strong, and will continue competing at a high level and compete for championships.

You bring far too much logic to this site.

VN Store

Back