A little bit from a Bama message board

redtusc
Posted on 31 mins, , User Since 217 months ago, User Post Count: 33,430
31 mins
217 months
PressBox94 said... (original post)Take it as you will because it’s message board talk but there are tales of literal money drops at sites around Knoxville and rechargeable cash ca...

show more

I dont have a hard time believing any of that. My friend told me the father of Henry To'oTo'o was given $75K to steer him to the vols. Quavaris Crouch, Brian Maurer and Eric Gray were three others who were named to me. All were supposed to sit the A&M game, but Crouch and To'oTo'o were surprisingly allowed to play. Also, Darnell Wadhington was paid $80K with the understanding he'd sign with the vols, only to take the money and sign with Georgia. Besides the Mims rumor involving tennessee and Georgia, I'm wondering if this is not where some of the smoke started as well.

2 upvotes2
😂

There was a joke about SMU in the days of the Pony Express that it was the best team money could buy.

If this stuff is true, the sad part to me isn't that it happened. The sad part is that it happened and the team is still 3-7.

No, that’s actually the funny as hell part. We can’t even cheat right.

Reactions: ButchBettaBeGone
There was a joke about SMU in the days of the Pony Express that it was the best team money could buy.

If this stuff is true, the sad part to me isn't that it happened. The sad part is that it happened and the team is still 3-7.

That's the pathetic part about all of this. Pruitt and his staff cheated (egregiously from the look of things), got caught, and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Pretty much sums up how incompetent Pruitt was as an SEC head coach.

You honestly think that textbooks are the only thing going on down there? Saban is good at reporting minor violations so the NCAA stays away, period.

I don't believe there is any systematic payments going on. If they were Saban couldn't run his program the way he has since he was hired.

Why couldn't I have accidentally stumbled over one of the bags stuffed with cash at one these 'literal money drops.'
Atlanta VOL has implied numerous times that he drops money, either that moron is up to his eyeballs in this stuff and was dumb enough to post about it on a public message board (and is still posting) or he's a fake. I personally think he's a fake but if he's legit as many claim, he made all sorts of representations about being involved with all these recruits, why is the goober still posting even today?

Reactions: A_D_
Yeah that was really stupid but one of those things everyone ignored. Someone on one of the Bama boards said they met Pruitt once a few years ago and he didn't strike that person as being real bright. Some other interesting comments there too. It's almost hard to believe he was in over his head so bad and yet was such a great DC. But that's what his record is.
The X's and O's aspect of coaching ball ain't rocket science.

Doofy couldn’t do it
Butch couldn’t do it
Pruitt certainly couldn’t do it

But I agree....there are lost of folks out there who “could” do it.
There's so much more that goes into coaching than X's and O's, teaching, motivating, etc., I think Pruitt comes up short more in those areas than simply the X's and O's aspect.

Atlanta VOL has implied numerous times that he drops money, either that moron is up to his eyeballs in this stuff and was dumb enough to post about it on a public message board (and is still posting) or he's a fake. I personally think he's a fake but if he's legit as many claim, he made all sorts of representations about being involved with all these recruits, why is the goober still posting even today?
If you’re bragging about being a money man for college football—or anything illegal like that for any company—on a public forum, you’re most definitely a fake. People who are rich and do shady things like being money men, are smart, calculated, and don’t talk about it. If they’re bragging about it, then they’re probably lying, don’t have as much money as they claim, and have personal issues they need to deal with instead of clamoring for the hero worship.

If you watch ESPN 30 for 30 "Pony Excess", Texas A&M gave Eric Dickerson a Trans AM or as it was jokingly referred to a "Trans A&M". SMU people were able to change his mind and when the car came up as a possible issue.....it was basically agreed upon that A&M could do nothing.

Hey, we gave this guy a Trans AM and he signed with the wrong team. They couldn't ring that bell.

So, Eric got the Trans AM and whatever SMU gave him.

I’ve got a better one than that. During the early 70s Riverside High in Chattanooga was a basketball power. In 1973, they had the top player in the state, Anthony Roberts. All of the previous stars at Riverside had gone to Oral Roberts U in Tulsa. Roberts was recruited heavily by Tennessee, even to the tune of receiving an orange camaro to sign. Rumors were ORU flew him and his family to Hawaii with Oral himself. He signed with ORU.

One day that summer, I was working onUTC campus and looked at a street corner. There sat Anthony Roberts at a red light, driving a brand new orange camaro.

You should never listen to a Bama fan. A story that you guys will love (or flame me over, cause you don't like Danielson). I was recently at my wife's high school reunion and Alabama was playing on the TV. This redneck Bama fan was talking about how stupid Gary Danielson was and how he didn't know anything about football and particularly about quarterbacks. I start giggling and my wife is looking at me, I lean over and say, "he's a typical Bama fan." I get the death look (as my wife's a Bama fan), later in the car I explain why I was giggling and was off the hook (thankfully).

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back