A little bit from a Bama message board

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
redtusc
Posted on 31 mins, , User Since 217 months ago, User Post Count: 33,430
31 mins
217 months
PressBox94 said... (original post)Take it as you will because it’s message board talk but there are tales of literal money drops at sites around Knoxville and rechargeable cash ca...

show more

I dont have a hard time believing any of that. My friend told me the father of Henry To'oTo'o was given $75K to steer him to the vols. Quavaris Crouch, Brian Maurer and Eric Gray were three others who were named to me. All were supposed to sit the A&M game, but Crouch and To'oTo'o were surprisingly allowed to play. Also, Darnell Wadhington was paid $80K with the understanding he'd sign with the vols, only to take the money and sign with Georgia. Besides the Mims rumor involving tennessee and Georgia, I'm wondering if this is not where some of the smoke started as well.

2 upvotes2

redtusc
31 mins
217 months
PressBox94 said... (original post)Take it as you will because it’s message board talk but there are tales of literal money drops at sites around Knoxville and rechargeable cash ca...

show more

I dont have a hard time believing any of that. My friend told me the father of Henry To'oTo'o was given $75K to steer him to the vols. Quavaris Crouch, Brian Maurer and Eric Gray were three others who were named to me. All were supposed to sit the A&M game, but Crouch and To'oTo'o were surprisingly allowed to play. Also, Darnell Wadhington was paid $80K with the understanding he'd sign with the vols, only to take the money and sign with Georgia. Besides the Mims rumor involving tennessee and Georgia, I'm wondering if this is not where some of the smoke started as well.

2 upvotes2

Considering both Pruitt and Smart are Saban disciples, wouldn’t one infer that they learned such behavior from their mentor?

Bama fans would know exactly how its done... their program has been doing it for years. Pruit learned it there, must have not learned the finer points of not getting caught.

Exactly. I forget which Bama player it was who posted when he got drafted that he “had enough money to buy his own Camaro now” rather than the one offered to him by a Bama booster.

I watched the ESPN 30 for 30 'Pony Excess' again this evening. That was almost 40 years ago. Point is, college football has been dirty for a long time. We all know it. But when the right person, or people, get pissed or feel wronged, the top gets blown. Just about all P5 programs cheat, that's no secret. I don't think we get the death penalty, that'll never happen again, but we'll get hammered by the NCAA. We've been in the dark ages since 08, and we're going to continue to wander in the wilderness for the foreseeable future.

Bama fans would know exactly how its done... their program has been doing it for years. Pruit learned it there, must have not learned the finer points of not getting caught.

Like a good Sith Master, Darth Saban doesn’t teach his apprentices everything lest they attempt to usurp him.

Considering both Pruitt and Smart are Saban disciples, wouldn’t one infer that they learned such behavior from their mentor?
Maybe to start his tenure, but honestly who in their right mind wouldn't want to play for Alabama. I know it would be hard to turn down the bag man, but if it was either Alabama who turns out 10 draft picks a year or Tennessee who as of late can't get anyone drafted, a higher chance to get drafted and developed is worth way more money. Saban doesn't need to cheat when you already hold the cards you need. Catching the leader is more expensive

Reactions: adowns
redtusc
31 mins
217 months

show more

2 upvotes2

You had me until Brian Maurer showed up. While I like him and hope he succeeds, he didn't have the HS pedigree to warrant a bag man.

Edit: Not that I would know anything about that.

Reactions: 901 Orange and Remy

VN Store

Back