A little bit from a Bama message board

Maurer & Gray got a credit card to entertain Mims for an evening. Bamers saying $80k was given to a guy who didn’t even sign here but did with an arch rival? Cmon man

redtusc
Posted on 31 mins, , User Since 217 months ago, User Post Count: 33,430
31 mins
217 months
PressBox94 said... (original post)Take it as you will because it’s message board talk but there are tales of literal money drops at sites around Knoxville and rechargeable cash ca...

show more

I dont have a hard time believing any of that. My friend told me the father of Henry To'oTo'o was given $75K to steer him to the vols. Quavaris Crouch, Brian Maurer and Eric Gray were three others who were named to me. All were supposed to sit the A&M game, but Crouch and To'oTo'o were surprisingly allowed to play. Also, Darnell Wadhington was paid $80K with the understanding he'd sign with the vols, only to take the money and sign with Georgia. Besides the Mims rumor involving tennessee and Georgia, I'm wondering if this is not where some of the smoke started as well.

2 upvotes2
He’s absolutely correct about the money drops, the payment to To’oto’o, and Maurer’s involvement. Not sure about the rest. Seems plausible.

Maurer & Gray got a credit card to entertain Mims for an evening. Bamers saying $80k was given to a guy who didn’t even sign here but did with an arch rival? Cmon man
This staff was dumb enough to do that. We recruited Jay Hardy for weeks after he’d signed an LOI with Auburn because they were too dumb to understand the online database that showed his status.

Maybe to start his tenure, but honestly who in their right mind wouldn't want to play for Alabama. I know it would be hard to turn down the bag man, but if it was either Alabama who turns out 10 draft picks a year or Tennessee who as of late can't get anyone drafted, a higher chance to get drafted and developed is worth way more money. Saban doesn't need to cheat when you already hold the cards you need. Catching the leader is more expensive

Personally I think all the blue bloods in the P5 “cheat” to some degree. While you have valid points I would counter that some may want to avoid Bama because it’s so loaded you may never see the field. A little palm grease might make that risk a little more palpable.

Reactions: de1conley
There was a joke about SMU in the days of the Pony Express that it was the best team money could buy.

If this stuff is true, the sad part to me isn't that it happened. The sad part is that it happened and the team is still 3-7.

Pretty much my thoughts in a thread earlier today. How do you cheat and still lose as badly as Pruitt. Seems you have to work at being that bad.

Reactions: Volatility
You had me until Brian Maurer showed up. While I like him and hope he succeeds, he didn't have the HS pedigree to warrant a bag man.

Edit: Not that I would know anything about that.
I think the Bama fan said that he was told that. I hope Eric Grays career isn’t ruined from this, or not true.

redtusc
Posted on 31 mins, , User Since 217 months ago, User Post Count: 33,430
31 mins
217 months
PressBox94 said... (original post)Take it as you will because it’s message board talk but there are tales of literal money drops at sites around Knoxville and rechargeable cash ca...

show more

I dont have a hard time believing any of that. My friend told me the father of Henry To'oTo'o was given $75K to steer him to the vols. Quavaris Crouch, Brian Maurer and Eric Gray were three others who were named to me. All were supposed to sit the A&M game, but Crouch and To'oTo'o were surprisingly allowed to play. Also, Darnell Wadhington was paid $80K with the understanding he'd sign with the vols, only to take the money and sign with Georgia. Besides the Mims rumor involving tennessee and Georgia, I'm wondering if this is not where some of the smoke started as well.

2 upvotes2
Pure speculation and rumor. None of those players are good enough to warrant cash payouts that large.

Reactions: wmcovol
Where might Jeremy Pruitt have learned these tactics? Tennessee was not cheating before he got here.

So how soon does Saban hire JP to be his DC. Anything brewing in AL about that? Most down there would welcome him back right? Or is he poison right now?

Am I the only one picturing Pruitt in the back of some beat up Winnebago with binoculars and a UT Hawaiian shirt, staring out the back talking to Neids and Felton over a two-way?
“Tell Mims Da cash is in duh trash can by Old City dog park. I’m gunna call my woman and tell her to put duh dinna’ in duh fridge. We gots us a good ole stakeout boys!”

Maurer was out for the A&M game, so there could be some truth to it. I agree, Gray concerns me the most.
I live in Southaven, and a lot of people down here that knows who he is, hopes that it isn’t true. He has a lot of fan support down here.

If you watch ESPN 30 for 30 "Pony Excess", Texas A&M gave Eric Dickerson a Trans AM or as it was jokingly referred to a "Trans A&M". SMU people were able to change his mind and when the car came up as a possible issue.....it was basically agreed upon that A&M could do nothing.

Hey, we gave this guy a Trans AM and he signed with the wrong team. They couldn't ring that bell.

So, Eric got the Trans AM and whatever SMU gave him.

This staff was dumb enough to do that. We recruited Jay Hardy for weeks after he’d signed an LOI with Auburn because they were too dumb to understand the online database that showed his status.

Yeah that was really stupid but one of those things everyone ignored. Someone on one of the Bama boards said they met Pruitt once a few years ago and he didn't strike that person as being real bright. Some other interesting comments there too. It's almost hard to believe he was in over his head so bad and yet was such a great DC. But that's what his record is.

VN Store

Back