A few player updates

He was held out because he practices so physical that the coaches want to dial him back to prevent him from getting hurt. Volquest reported it a couple days ago.

fair enough, but he was in the training room the same day for treatment before the other guys came in. That's nicked up to me.

Reactions: 1 person
fair enough, but he was in the training room the same day for treatment before the other guys came in. That's nicked up to me.

I think treatment for some players is just part of it. I don't think getting treatment is significant to playing or not playing. I guess we have different definitions of nicked up.

AJ and Curt both have spoken about preventative treatment as a part of their new normal. Just because somebody is in the training room doesn't mean they are banged up. Routine maintenance.

Reactions: 1 person
Welcome back Zas! You have been missed.

And on Maggitt...maybe he should just become a florest
or something....Geez...

Scratch that...he'd probably lose a finger on a thorn of a rise....

AJ and Curt both have spoken about preventative treatment as a part of their new normal. Just because somebody is in the training room doesn't mean they are banged up. Routine maintenance.

Yup. It's a norm in all college athletics. The training room is also a place athletes just hang out in. People that haven't played a sport at the college level are reading too much into this.

I realize that. They are using my equipment quite often. But cold/compression wraps on a specific area or joint is used to reduce swelling and fluid.
And Maggit or anyone with a former ACL injury/surgery will have fluid and swelling from time to time.

Yup. It's a norm in all college athletics. The training room is also a place athletes just hang out in. People that haven't played a sport at the college level are reading too much into this.

Playing a year of college golf has made me an expert on this. Haha

Seriously though, I think it's very routine let's say to get an ultra sound treatment or a tinge treatment before practice and games. Kind of like routine maintenance for the body.

Playing a year of college golf has made me an expert on this. Haha

Seriously though, I think it's very routine let's say to get an ultra sound treatment or a tinge treatment before practice and games. Kind of like routine maintenance for the body.

ultrasound is heat and not used after practice

I could be wrong, but maybe that's why he said before.

He did, but I wasn't referring to before practice. I was referring to during and after.

It's all semantics anyway. Players get tweaked and are held out to not risk further injury or injuring another joint due to trying to protect the affected area.

I say we shut him down till the USU or the second game. He is too valuable for the rest of the season to take a chance on pushing him back for a couple teams we should handle.

O.K. coach, will do!

Honestly the guy hasn't been against competition on the field in a long time. He needs all the reps he can get. It's just a shame is all. Still glad to have him on the side lines if nothing else.

thinks for update im jonesing for football even some new info ,but i do hate that curt is in a boot i dont understand injuries and why some get them more and more often than others ..some are like me a tank u never see them injured then others often get injuries on top of injuries .i hope things go well for curt andd the rest of the VOLS. go BIG ORANGE

so...curt? should we be concerned Z?

The guy can't catch a break. The staff is optimistic that he will be back week of practice before the Utah St game in a limited role.

I wouldn't be shocked if they limit him through the season kind of how they are doing North and AJ in camp. They know his health will be a vital piece if this defense will be successful or not this season.

VN Store

Back