A few player updates

Zasnow

Hey guys, it has been a while... A few updates that aren't ground breaking from practice. The team is starting to actually look like a SEC team which is something we are not used to.

First off, Curt done something to his ankle and is currently in a boot. The staff thinks it is a high ankle sprain so hopefully that won't limit him in the early part of the season.

Coleman Thomas is very impressive. I was shocked with how well he knows that game and his athletic ability. We sure got a good one with him.

The left tackle battle is starting to heat up. Blair has really improved his body and looks night and day better than he did in the spring.

Lane looks like a completely different play than he did last year. He should rush over a 1,000 w/ this line if healthy.

The staff has a few packages for Pig, Young, and a few other players that should cause some excitement this season.

The qb battle is closer than what people think. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Peterman got the nod this week. He has improved vastly compared to last year but still has a ways to go. Seems like 14 and 11 have regressed.

Barnett looks to be the real deal. his motor never stops. The staff thinks he would have been a starter day 1 if he was an EE last December.

Weatherd will be a solid player. The staff loves his long athletic body. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up at end.

I believe Wolf will end up as an All SEC TE. He looks like he has been in the program for a few years. He doesn't seem like a kid that should be 3 months out of high school.

Bates is one of the smartest Fr I remember seeing at UT in a while. He will end up being a fan favorite and a solid LB here. He is currently killing it on special teams.

Reactions: 70 people
I keep hearing about Bates being extremely smart, but how is he from a physical stand point on being able to contribute this season?

Hey guys, it has been a while... A few updates that aren't ground breaking from practice. The team is starting to actually look like a SEC team which is something we are not used to.

First off, Curt done something to his ankle and is currently in a boot. The staff thinks it is a high ankle sprain so hopefully that won't limit him in the early part of the season.

Coleman Thomas is very impressive. I was shocked with how well he knows that game and his athletic ability. We sure got a good one with him.

The left tackle battle is starting to heat up. Blair has really improved his body and looks night and day better than he did in the spring.

Lane looks like a completely different play than he did last year. He should rush over a 1,000 w/ this line if healthy.

The staff has a few packages for Pig, Young, and a few other players that should cause some excitement this season.

The qb battle is closer than what people think. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Peterman got the nod this week. He has improved vastly compared to last year but still has a ways to go. Seems like 14 and 11 have regressed.

Barnett looks to be the real deal. his motor never stops. The staff thinks he would have been a starter day 1 if he was an EE last December.

Weatherd will be a solid player. The staff loves his long athletic body. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up at end.

I believe Wolf will end up as an All SEC TE. He looks like he has been in the program for a few years. He doesn't seem like a kid that should be 3 months out of high school.

Bates is one of the smartest Fr I remember seeing at UT in a while. He will end up being a fan favorite and a solid LB here. He is currently killing it on special teams.

I like being optimistic and that would be awesome but it's very hard to believe that will happen.

Reactions: 1 person
14 has regressed? hope that isn't a popular opinion among insiders. I was under the impression that he has started to ramp it up and looks better than last season.

Wouldn't be opposed to Peterman starting game 1. If he is outplaying Worley, he has more upside. He should get his feet wet in weeks 1 and 2 in games that we don't need more than average from the QB to win. If he is going to be the guy we should let him get his feet wet.

Reactions: 3 people

From what I've read on here, most people seem to think that the QB race is close. I for one will not be upset if any of the three are chosen as the starter.

Thanks for the update Zasnow and don't be a stranger!

As for Maggitt, high-ankle sprains can be tough to recover from. There are 3 grades of high-ankle sprains, grade 1 sprain is a stretch to the ligaments, grade 2 sprain is a partial tear of the ligaments and grade 3 sprain is a complete tear. Usually takes 4-6 weeks to fully recover from grade 1 or grade 2 which seems to be likely in his case if in fact it's truly a high-ankle sprain.

It is easy to be more critical because we saw flashes of what is to come, but the players were not always on the same page. Outside the old topic of how many first year players we have, I feel very optimistic that we are 2-0 going into the OU game (I will be there) and and I would not be surprised that we walk out of Norman with a W, I think OU's Offense is overrated, the QB had one good game. If UT's DL can put pressure on OU's QB and contain the running backs........this will become a 4th Qtr win or a OT win for OU.......and even if that is the case..........UT still wins and Bob Stoops' team will be exposed to the world! This is a SEC vs. Big 12 game.

Go Vols!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nOlATuyPDI

You mean a realist?...Guilty. Lane has less than 1,500 for his career but is going to rush for over 1K with a new line? Not likely.

Neal, Hardesty, etc. You know the drill. Back on the depth chart w/ limited carries. Sr. steps up when given the opportunity. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks Z as always for the awesome updates. Hopefully the High Ankle Sprain for Maggitt will not continue to be a problem through the season.

Lane has 400 more yards than Hardesty did going into their senior years, and if Hardesty can rush for 1300 yards his senior year behind a line that featured two 260 pound walk ons and a converted tight end at left tackle, then I'm more than confident that Lane can rush for a 1000 behind the line we have now.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back