9-1-18 First Off Play?

fifties fan

What's your thoughts on first play from scrimmage?

- Chandler behind Smith on counter
- Jennings deep post, Callaway fly, with W-A on a delayed crossing up the middle
-Jennings crossing with W-A on an out
???

Reactions: 1 person

- Jennings deep post, Callaway fly, with W-A on a delayed crossing up the middle
???

Who's the QB?

You are assuming starters; I don't think we're there yet. So let's keep it generic.

Given who our head coach is, the first play from scrimmage is going to be something physical. Something that depends heavily on the Big Uglies at the LoS.

So it's gonna be a run play, or a run/pass option. It won't be anything fancy. No trick play, no deep throw, no reverse or draw. It will be something that says "we play power football here, once again."

So my guess is a run between the tackles with a lead blocker (FB or TE or both). If not that, a run/pass option or a run just off the tackle's outside shoulder.

The formation will be the I or offset-I. If single-back, there will be a tight end tucked in off the shoulder of a tackle.

That's what I'd put my money on, something in that grouping.

???

I believe it'll be a deep route.

Possible a Skinny Post and a Fade route with an underneath 10 yd in. Involved.

Quick pass to TE for 15 yards and easy First Down!

Or as I call it "The most Under Utilized play in TN football History!" :banghead2:

Our defense forces a fumble and returns it to the 1. Our QB lines up in the shotgun (ha ha). Instead of running a play from the shotgun, the formation changes and he lines up under center and we ram it in to go up 6-0.

Either a run by Chandler up the middle to loosen up the defense or a screen play to the weak side of the defense.

VN Store

Back