7’1” 240lb Uros Plavsic will be a Vol (reportedly)

Agreed. Good post. But the questions you asked are relevant and raise some interesting questions regarding this kid and that's the point.

Nobody knows, that’s his point...like I mentioned yesterday I doubt Hurley brought Plavsic into his office and said “I’m considering letting Drazen go, if I do what are your plans”...he very well may have thought having burned his redshirt already would be enough for him to stick around, especially considering Drazen is yet to take a job elsewhere.

Nobody knows, that’s his point...like I mentioned yesterday I doubt Hurley brought Plavsic into his office and said “I’m considering letting Drazen go, if I do what are your plans”...he very well may have thought having burned his redshirt already would be enough for him to stick around, especially considering Drazen is yet to take a job elsewhere.

Possible.

To your post on grant, are there two separate grades in first round and top 25?

Possible.

To your post on grant, are there two separate grades in first round and top 25?

I’m referring to what scouts/gm’s are telling him in conversations, not necessarily THE grade he gets back from combine. IIRC they have varying grades, but they’ll also give about 40 guys 1st round grades which is obviously not possible, so what GM’s are telling you tends to be a bit more accurate imo.

Is there a big difference in pay between the last 5 or 10 in the first round and the first 5 or 10 selected in the second round?

Is there a big difference in pay between the last 5 or 10 in the first round and the first 5 or 10 selected in the second round?
The way I understand it is that the pay scale for 1st rd picks guarantees their salary for the first two seasons of their contract, with 3rd and 4th year options.

The 2nd round contracts are not scaled and no contract length guarantee is required, and although some teams will guarantee portions/years of 2nd round contracts, there is no requirement to do so.

In 2016 and 2017, every college player selected in the top 50 received a guaranteed contract of some sort. The NBA minimum salary is $838,464 for rookies, and $1,348,383 for second year players, so if you get a two year guarantee at that amount as the 40th pick, the difference in that and being the last pick of the 1st round is less than $1 million over two years based on the rookie pay scale. I think the biggest difference comes in your second contract after the rookie deal expires. There is still an advantage in being a 1st rd pick in that regard, I think.

u play in 1, in 2 u get dumped by a D leaguer if u cant hang. get camp money i imagine or sent downt o scrub league to develop. in any case, if i thought i was round 1 material like bone is, and they wanted me in 2 or 3 id give the bird and go back to school another year.

u play in 1, in 2 u get dumped by a D leaguer if u cant hang. get camp money i imagine or sent downt o scrub league to develop. in any case, if i thought i was round 1 material like bone is, and they wanted me in 2 or 3 id give the bird and go back to school another year.
There are only 2 rounds of the NBA draft. But, I agree, if Bone is not a 1st round pick and I don't think he is, returning to UT would be the smart and right decision, imo

Reactions: minorvol
There are only 2 rounds of the NBA draft. But, I agree, if Bone is not a 1st round pick and I don't think he is, returning to UT would be the smart and right decision, imo

His combined numbers suggests otherwise.

Tennessee International Volunteers we become. Finally getting some international flavor. Ive thought this is something we should have done long ago.

VN Store

Back