7’1” 240lb Uros Plavsic will be a Vol (reportedly)

I personally knew DeVoe, and I disagree. He was an old school, hardnosed coach. Not everyone liked that.
What you call old school I call antiquated and what you call hard nosed I call stubborn, and history shows that to be the case. UT did a lot more for DD than he ever did for UT.
.568 overall wining percentage screams “meh.”
Sorry, but I don’t add any points because you knew him.

What you call old school I call antiquated and what you call hard nosed I call stubborn, and history shows that to be the case. UT did a lot more for DD than he ever did for UT.
.568 overall wining percentage screams “meh.”
Sorry, but I don’t add any points because you knew him.
I guess I am jaded because I went to the SEC Basketball Tournament in 1979, when we won. I can't remember us winning one since. He won 60% at U.T. The shot clock killed his chosen style of play.

I guess I am jaded because I went to the SEC Basketball Tournament in 1979, when we won. I can't remember us winning one since. He won 60% at U.T. The shot clock killed his chosen style of play.
Don't take it personal. Roust hates everybody.

Don't take it personal. Roust hates everybody.
I know. I just happen to like DeVoe. I have a picture with him where I'm holding 2 fingers above his head like devil horns. He's a good guy, but he did play and coach with Bobby Knight at Ohio State and Army. He is from a different era.

Just heard Rob Lewis say the coach let go wasn't one of the on court coaches. If he's right that makes it even more glaring to me they Hurley let him go knowing it meant this kid was out of the gate with him

Is Lewis correct?

I don’t think there’s any truth to the thought of him being “ran off”, have you seen their returning front line?

Don't know anything about their roster but from all you've said here the two were clearly connected. It seems reasonable to me that Hurley knew getting rid of the coach meant the player was leaving.

Don't know anything about their roster but from all you've said here the two were clearly connected. It seems reasonable to me that Hurley knew getting rid of the coach meant the player was leaving.
I’m sure he knew that was a possibility, but I don’t think Uros was “ran off” as I have seen suggested. I’m also gonna guess that Hurley probably thought already burning a redshirt may keep Uros around, I doubt he went and asked him what he would do if Drazen was let go.

So you’re advocating letting players on your roster dictate your decisions? No coach worth their salt does that. Once you do, you’ve neutered your authority. My take is that he wanted the coach gone and hoped to keep the player.

So you’re advocating letting players on your roster dictate your decisions? No coach worth their salt does that. Once you do, you’ve neutered your authority. My take is that he wanted the coach gone and hoped to keep the player.

Yes

No assistant coach is worth more than a diffence making player.

Only reason to fire a coach that means such a player is leaving as well would be if they had committed NCAA infractions or were in trouble with the law

Yes

Only reason to fire a coach that means such a player is leaving as well would be if they had committed NCAA infractions or were in trouble with the law
Bruins done gone over the edge.

Reactions: butchna
Yes

Disagree. For example, Kenny Payne, at UK, is worth more than one season of Keldon Johnson. Your statement is a little too far-reaching. There are some instances in which it is correct, but some others in which it isn't.

Disagree. For example, Kenny Payne, at UK, is worth more than one season of Keldon Johnson. Your statement is a little too far-reaching. There are some instances in which it is correct, but some others in which it isn't.

Isn't Kenny Payne the top assistant?

I'll put this ? To you guys disageeing with me.

Anyone trade grant returning for any of our assistant coaches hitting the road?

What about James?

Nah

I just think assistant coaches value are way overrated when a head coach knows what's hes doing. At least when the other other assistants are capable
" if they had committed NCAA infractions or were in trouble with the law" this was the part that sounded a little loopy.

Reactions: butchna
" if they had committed NCAA infractions or were in trouble with the law" this was the part that sounded a little loopy.

I'm saying that's an explanation for firing a coach that is hired as a "recruiter" and not an x/o coach

Yes

You’d be a horrible coach. Not even Calipari subscribes to your theory. Inmates running the asylum. If the assistant “isn’t worth” losing a player...he isn’t worth keeping.

I'll put this ? To you guys disageeing with me.

Anyone trade grant returning for any of our assistant coaches hitting the road?

What about James?

If the coach is worth keeping...they’ll keep him. Program held hostage because of a promising player isn’t much of a program...or the HC of such.

VN Store

Back