4-star QB Harrison Bailey commits to Tennessee

Great news now we have to hold him for a year or so hopefully everything goes well.
Said he was going to shut it down and I hope he holds to it. Question-If a recruit verbally commits and publicly states he is shutting down his recruiting, is it a NCAA violation if another college tries to contact him ?

200.gif

That's a first rate gif right there. Awesome movie, classic scene. Perfect fit. Superbly done.

Huge get for QB play and peer recruiting. The first building block to what's going to be an amazing 2020 class. LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Boy you guys really look a long way into the future. Me, I am having a hard time seeing to January. I guess it's my up bringing years. Most were taught back then to not count your chickens before they hatch. Their could be a snake in the chicken house eating the eggs long before they hatch.

I originally hoped he would reclassify but after thinking on it, it may very well benefit UT more by his early commitment followed by his year of peer recruitment. It is bound to give a bounce to 2019 & 2020.

I originally hoped he would reclassify but after thinking on it, it may very well benefit UT more by his early commitment followed by his year of peer recruitment. It is bound to give a bounce to 2019 & 2020.
yeah. i think it's definitely better for him to go thru his senior year and be the cornerstone of the 20 class. and i agree 19 kids are gonna pay attention as well....

plus we just don't have enough spots left in this class for him to make THAT big a difference right now.

way more upside in having him for the 20 cycle.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Seems like a good kid with potential, but I don't care if JP gets Peyton freaking Manning back, if the O line doesn't improve it won't matter one bit.

Reactions: illinoisvolfan1
Hate to say it but plenty of time and other official visits before signing day. Hope we can hang on to him.

I wouldn’t worry too much. Most kids stick and some won’t. Smart, blue chip QBs are different though. They know to commit early in a recruiting cycle to establish some momentum and credibility to the class.

If he can commit after a 5 win season then our on the field performance in 2019 probably isn’t a big deal either.

VN Store

Back