#4 seed or Sugar Bowl

Maybe we should opt for the Music City Bowl. . .

The program works all year for the ultimate goal of a national championship. How can it even be possible that opting for a NY6 bowl over the playoffs ever crosses through anyone's mind and comes out the other side as a potentially good idea?

One brings opportunity for possibly 2 more football games and the National Championship. The whole nation will be watching.

The other fantastic bowl game steeped in SEC tradition. 1 game and 1 game only. Majority of nation will be watching.

Wonder which one ill choose.🤔872o15eAXFBw66UfNl.gif

This thread has a vibe that strongly feels like one of those "We should join the ACC, if we're ever gonna win again" off-season threads. Congrats OP. 😵‍💫

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
A number 4 seed picked to lose because finally I would get to watch the Volunteers play in a College Football Playoffs which is a high bar accomplishment because the College Football Playoffs is only 4 teams.

If this has been ask please merge.

What would you want more? Vols being a #4 seed playing #1 seed and prob being picked to lose OR a Sugar Bowl berth and a good chance of winning?
I love that the only person who has liked this is Depressed Fan. Classic

# 4 seed all day. I want a shot at Georgia on a neutral field.

I’m very happy a person seriously concluded Tennessee is an outmatched team all because Georgia easily defeated them.

It’s highly unlikely that Georgia would easily defeat Tennessee in a rematch, and unlikely that Georgia would again hold Tennessee to 1 td.

Reactions: VolFan in St. Joe
My answer to this really depends on how the elections turn out tomorrow for the Congress. If too many seats shift one way or another I believe we will be relegated to number 3, 4 or 5 in the playoffs.

I really hope this was helpful.
Based on the poling I would have to agree.

Let's assume UGA, TCU and the VOLS win out. The bigger question is are we certain the loser of OSU vs Michigan drops out of the top 4? I don't think they will unless it's a blow out. Not sure I trust the committee to see it like we do. I think we end up in NOLA.

my only concern is if the 4 spot comes down to Tennessee & Oregon. They might give it to them because they are a P5 conf champ

Even if the improved Huskies in the DeBoer era don’t defeat the Ducks in Oregon this Saturday it’s still a realistic possibility that the Ducks lose a second game.

Y'all still think we get in with an undefeated TCU and 1 loss Oregon or 1 loss USC

Most likely no because the Bulldogs easily defeated the Volunteers 27-13 which happened late in the Volunteers regular season.

USC lost a close competitive game to a still ranked good Utah team.

Georgia easily defeated Oregon in the 1st game of the Duck’s regular season so if they won the PAC 12 Championship game most likely that embarrassing defeat won’t be an issue since they won all regular season games after that embarrassing defeat to a great Bulldogs team, and because they defeated a likely good ranked team in the PAC 12 Championship Game.

We can play with Georgia, Heup knows what to call the guys just need to execute. Like no overthrows and 8 offensive line penalties! Bring’n on!

Reactions: firestorm
We need a TCU loss and for Oregon to lose again. Lots of talk going around that TCU and Oregon deserve to get in before us as of now.

Here's how this plays out= Texas beats TCU this weekend. Michigan knocks off Ohio St. LSU knocks off Georgia in SEC title game Oregon loses to the first school that has a decent team. This moves the Vols up to #1 and we run the table. Bank on it.
LSU isn’t knocking off UGA. Even if they did, that means both of them get in before TN.

Reactions: firestorm

VN Store

Back