#4 seed or Sugar Bowl

Vols1966

If this has been ask please merge.

What would you want more? Vols being a #4 seed playing #1 seed and prob being picked to lose OR a Sugar Bowl berth and a good chance of winning?

Sugar bowl and New Orleans on NYE would be pretty rowdy and if you would have asked me a year ago I would have been extremely pleased with the progress.

Seeing us absolutely shred LSU and beat Bama and everyone else we have—I want another crack at Georgia. I’d like to be in Atlanta on NYE even tho it’s not a cool city.

Do you guys think they would keep us at 4? I’m wondering if they move us to 3 to avoid a rematch in a semifinal. This is of course assuming we get there. I’m guessing it would be against Ohio State or Michigan in Tempe.

Do you guys think they would keep us at 4? I’m wondering if they move us to 3 to avoid a rematch in a semifinal. This is of course assuming we get there. I’m guessing it would be against Ohio State or Michigan in Tempe.

It’s all about what the rest of the country does and how we perform these last 3. They def want to put us back in is the vibe I’m getting in.

We get more flexibility if tcu loses to Texas and Oregon and Southern Cal each losing one would pretty much guarantee us a slot.

Staying the obvious, you can't pay for the kind of exposure of being in the playoffs. Huge, huge boost to recruiting. No brainer you take the playoffs.

Exactly. It's sad to say but the playoffs have kind of rendered the bowl games as an afterthought. That's another reason why I'm all for playoff expansion. It allows the major bowls to be incorporated in the playoffs annually, thereby making them relevant again. Perhaps even more so.

It’s all about what the rest of the country does and how we perform these last 3. They def want to put us back in is the vibe I’m getting in.

We get more flexibility if tcu loses to Texas and Oregon and Southern Cal each losing one would pretty much guarantee us a slot.
Plus a thumping by Ohio State over Michigan...or visa versa. We've got some good paths as long as we take care of business.

If we do get in, we'll be a 4 seed. They will do everything possible to avoid an all SEC final.
I really do not understand the SEC victim complex. This conference is 100% the media darling. It isn’t 1965 anymore. Why have they not “done everything possible to avoid an all SEC final” in the past? Your assertion is completely baseless.

If this has been ask please merge.

What would you want more? Vols being a #4 seed playing #1 seed and prob being picked to lose OR a Sugar Bowl berth and a good chance of winning?

what-are.gif

VN Store

Back