4 reasons Tennessee QB Josh Dobbs can win the Heisman in 2016

Even if he were to win the Heist you realize many people vote for players who finished the bridesmaid previous year as a makeup call. So the kid from Stanford (who's name escapes me right now I'm wanting to say McCaffrey but not sure) and Deshaun Watson will get pity votes and Baker Mayfield too. My point being if it was a legitimate vote of lady justice like where everyone is blindfolded until day 1 of season then maybe Josh could earn his way. We all want it to happen im sure but basing hope on voters that say aww shucks Fournette was so close last time I'll vote for him.

Over the past 7 years this has only happened once where Mariotta won more for having an amazing career. Newton, Manziel, Winston, and RGIII won the 1st year that they made noise and dominated CFB.

For Dobbs to win he has to play like the UGA game and have 300 passing and 100 rushing and just take over games. He has to win when the spot light is the brightest against Va Tech, UF, UGA, aTm, and Bama. If he only has 150 yards against Bama but creams Vandy for 500 then no one will care. Dobbs will win or lose the Heisman over that 5 game span. If it's close between him and another player he needs a good SEC championship game.

Reactions: 1 person
I said it before but I'll add a few more details today.

Josh will win the Heisman decisively with the largest margin of victory EVER.

In addition, Tennessee will go 15-0 en route to a national title.

Just stop it, no one's buying your superfan trolling anymore

Reactions: 4 people
I said it before but I'll add a few more details today.

Josh will win the Heisman decisively with the largest margin of victory EVER.

In addition, Tennessee will go 15-0 en route to a national title.

And he will be the first man on Mars

Over the past 7 years this has only happened once where Mariotta won more for having an amazing career. Newton, Manziel, Winston, and RGIII won the 1st year that they made noise and dominated CFB.

For Dobbs to win he has to play like the UGA game and have 300 passing and 100 rushing and just take over games. He has to win when the spot light is the brightest against Va Tech, UF, UGA, aTm, and Bama. If he only has 150 yards against Bama but creams Vandy for 500 then no one will care. Dobbs will win or lose the Heisman over that 5 game span. If it's close between him and another player he needs a good SEC championship game.

He may be able to win. But my point was highlighting largest landslide vote ever. I think their are too many voters who will go off the guys who have been there before bias.

No. 231 actually. He won't make the journey until his hall of fame nfl career ends.

If I could give Joshua Dobbs any advice. And believe me he is far more intelligent than myself obviously so I wouldn't. But I would totally recommend you as his agent. The way you describe him you can talk him up for more lucrative deal.

Last edited:
If I could give Joshua Dobbs any advice. And believe me hr is far more intelligent than myself obviously so I wouldn't. But I would totally recommend you as his agent. The way you describe him you can talk him up for more lucrative deal.

I wish I would've had him in my corner when I played. Instead of playing at our tiny lil community college he would've got me in at UT on a free ride with how he can talk someone up.

Outlaw4H

I always wonder why these kind of topics come up as though it's all in a vacuum? Dobbs isn't just a bit of improvement away from being at the top of the Heisman...for his numbers to compare to, say Watson's. This is just to match Watson from last season:

12% increase in completion percentage
79% increase in passing yards
135% increase in passing TD's
65% increase in rushing yards

And who's to say Watson doesn't improve on his production this season? (or Fournette, McCaffrey, etc for that matter)

I take two things away from this: it's awesome it's a topic even worth discussing and it's great to realize we can have a really, really good season even if none of our players even sniff the Heisman ceremony.

I mean but in all honesty as long as UT wins 10 games or more, beats UF, who cares? UT will be good, great really, even if Dobbs doesn't have a year up to his potential.

If Manning could not win it as clearly the best player... Dobbs has a limited chance

I wish I would've had him in my corner when I played. Instead of playing at our tiny lil community college he would've got me in at UT on a free ride with how he can talk someone up.

Outlaw4H

:eek:lol: you'd have a pension from NFL

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/4-reasons-tennessee-qb-josh-dobbs-can-win-the-heisman-in-2016

“He’s a top 15 player in the country at his position,” former Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy told SEC Country. “But I think he has the skill set and physical capabilities of being a top 5 player if he makes some of the changes in his game that need to be made. Even though he’s already proven an awful lot, the ceiling’s extremely high.”

If he can get the passing game rolling then the sky is the limit and the Heisman isn't out of the question.

We will see

Go Vols

Kudos to making this one before D4H could.

Spot on though. The passing game needs to fire. Some have called for better protection from the O Line, some for Dobbs to improve mechanics and accuracy, some say receivers need to stay on their routes better. And I am sure some blame poor play calling.

Maybe it was a little of all of the above. It is a year later, and there has been time to iron all of that out. Dobbs has one last ride. Would love to see him go out on top.

But I will not believe a Tennessee player can ever get a heisman* until it happens. IMO, only way to have a shot is to win a national title.

*grammer police- sorry i did not capitalize a proper name. It was intentional.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back