3rd party thoughts on these Vols

Call me a NegaVol if you want, but the honest reality is we did not play that great tonight.

Our offense was just a bit "off" most of the night. We were in cruise control mind you, but we were just not as precise as we have been.

Our D stepped it up big time, best overall game I have seen by our D in many years.

I give us a solid B. It really felt like the game was more of a blowout than it was as KY couldn't do crap. We left a lot of meat on the bone in a few of our drives with the ball though. McGrath suddenly looking a bit shaky does cause me a bit of worry also.
Yep. Should have laid 60 on Kentucky.

Reading this thread is impossible without flashes of a certain SEC shorts video popping in my head. We win 44-6 and people are complaining we didn't play well enough. 8-0, but we have left too many points on the field. Why is it so hard to just enjoy this?

Call me a NegaVol if you want, but the honest reality is we did not play that great tonight.

Our offense was just a bit "off" most of the night. We were in cruise control mind you, but we were just not as precise as we have been.

Our D stepped it up big time, best overall game I have seen by our D in many years.

I give us a solid B. It really felt like the game was more of a blowout than it was as KY couldn't do crap. We left a lot of meat on the bone in a few of our drives with the ball though. McGrath suddenly looking a bit shaky does cause me a bit of worry also.

Just for the record, an "off" night for our offense to you is hendon hooker going 19/25 (76%) 245 yards 3TDs no INTs and a 9.8 yard average through the air. Also getting a rushing TD

Then add 177 yards rushing out rushing and out passing Kentucky. We played Kentuckys gameplan better than they did but that's an "off" night.

I'm not going to call you a negavol. I'm just going to suggest you are magnifying the negatives too much.

I’m not sure you will ever see a “perfect” game, however that was a dominant performance by both sides of Vols last night. We made a seasoned projected pro QB look horrible, our offense played balanced complimentary football. Really looking forward to Athens, I will be screaming my head off! It’s GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!!

I’m not sure you will ever see a “perfect” game, however that was a dominant performance by both sides of Vols last night. We made a seasoned projected pro QB look horrible, our offense played balanced complimentary football. Really looking forward to Athens, I will be screaming my head off! It’s GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!!
Yes was an amazing game.

The score easily could have been 58-6 and we are so used to seeing big plays and touchdowns after turnovers from the opponent that it did seem odd. However the suffocating defense and immense depth shown as well as getting clutch interceptions made this an incredible game to watch. Let's save those extra 14 points for Georgia. Great to have McCullough and Tillman back also.

Kept it simple, didn't show Georgia much , didn't get anyone hurt.

2 drives that really stick out to me were immediately after the first 2 interceptions. We came away with 0 points on 2 turnovers. Have to clean that up

Ummm it's happening.
Week 9 winners and losers: Predicting the first College Football Playoff rankings of the season

1. Tennessee
Record: 8-0

Best win: 52-49 vs. Alabama

Yep, we think there’s a good chance the Vols will open at No. 1 in the CFP rankings. In addition to that thrilling win over Alabama, Tennessee also has easy wins over two other ranked opponents in LSU and Kentucky. The win over the Wildcats on Saturday night showed Tennessee was not looking ahead to next week’s potential epic at Georgia. That game will be for the SEC East title and a possible playoff spot and can also solidify Tennessee’s return to the top of the SEC.

I agree some passes were missed, slightly, but our lines were absolutely blowing them up. I still stand by the fact that the trenches are where games are won or lost. Uk’s D is no slouch by any means and really the only way we are stopped is by ourselves.
Definitely going to be the case for Georgia. Protect HH and pressure Stetson are the keys to success in that game IMHO.

Personally, I prefer playing as the underdog rather than being the #1 team everyone wants to take down. It's a silly distraction to haggle over who is #1/2/3/4. Tenn just needs to keep playing good football and everything will work itself out.

We played great but we can play better. Which is crazy after beating a ranked team by 5 touchdowns.

VN Store

Back