3rd party thoughts on these Vols

Call me a NegaVol if you want, but the honest reality is we did not play that great tonight.

Our offense was just a bit "off" most of the night. We were in cruise control mind you, but we were just not as precise as we have been.

Our D stepped it up big time, best overall game I have seen by our D in many years.

I give us a solid B. It really felt like the game was more of a blowout than it was as KY couldn't do crap. We left a lot of meat on the bone in a few of our drives with the ball though. McGrath suddenly looking a bit shaky does cause me a bit of worry also.
You're correct, but they were sort of recalibrating offensively that game.
Should have been about 65-3 last night.

We made a point to feed the ball to Bru, because we need to keep the field balanced.
We experimented some with slowing down the tempo too.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Just stay focused and keep getting the big WIN every week.

When we do that then when the season is over we'll all be HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!

I love my Vols so much that my heart just wants to explode!

YEEEEE HAAAA!!!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Yes, Tennessee coulda shoulda woulda beat Kentucky by sixty. I'm just glad we won big enough. Just look at the faces of the Ky players and fans. They didn't want to be there any more.
The Vols know they could have played better which will motivate them to play better next game. I live in Georgia and the Bulldog fans are nervous about the upcoming game. Some of them think they may lose.

The Vols are scary! 🎃🎃🎃

Yes, Tennessee coulda shoulda woulda beat Kentucky by sixty. I'm just glad we won big enough. Just look at the faces of the Ky players and fans. They didn't want to be there any more.
The Vols know they could have played better which will motivate them to play better next game. I live in Georgia and the Bulldog fans are nervous about the upcoming game. Some of them think they may lose.

The Vols are scary! 🎃🎃🎃
I watched some of the pre-game player interviews on youtube. I don't think they believed they could win even then. They just didn't show a lot of confidence.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
to this point, this team looks much better. We had several games in '98 that were very close and we could've lost (Fla, Ark).

To be fair though, we have had nailbiters against Pitt, Florida, and Bama this year. We could have lost those games.

This team looks better offensively for sure though. I’m not going to lie - It’d be nice to have a couple of the corners off that 98 defense.

Call me a NegaVol if you want, but the honest reality is we did not play that great tonight.

Our offense was just a bit "off" most of the night. We were in cruise control mind you, but we were just not as precise as we have been.

Our D stepped it up big time, best overall game I have seen by our D in many years.

I give us a solid B. It really felt like the game was more of a blowout than it was as KY couldn't do crap. We left a lot of meat on the bone in a few of our drives with the ball though. McGrath suddenly looking a bit shaky does cause me a bit of worry also.
If you want to give them in A or A- instead of an A+, then ok. But there is no universe where that game was a B!

The only reason we weren't as "explosive" last night is because we put a strong emphasis on our running game. We could have put north of 60 on them last night. First complete game Ive seen us play. I'm a converted negavol......

Reactions: 1HookedVol

raw (2).gif

Reactions: FBtime
Herbstreit's last game as a player was against Georgia in the Florida Citrus Bowl, and Ohio State lost. Wonder who he will be rooting for next week? :)

Georgia and I won't be surprised if he plays it off as him thinking TN will win. Make no mistake Hirb is not happy about the Vols success

If our offense was clicking at 100%, then I think we could have scored 65 on them including one or two Joe Milton TDs. But it is nice to know that if your offense running at 80% can still score 44.

I think KY's zone that they mainly play made it a little more difficult for the passing game. Thankfully GA plays predominantly man like Alabama which is where the passing game feasts.

You know it's good when you win 44-6 and people are complaining that we didn't beat Kentucky bad enough.

What is funny is that our offense didn't have the best game but still looked better than most offenses in the country.

I felt like the defense played their best game of the year though.

Reactions: walkenvol

The Vols are scary! 🎃🎃🎃

They also heard news about our Basketball team beating #2 in Gonzaga in an Exhibition game and are worried we will dominate them again in Basketball as well :D. I saw a clip of the Basketball team waving at the UK fans.

Reactions: Bubba Vol
Pate has been on the train for a while.

Looks like that video was recorded before we beat the brake off of UK based on the schedule the showed. It didn’t have the UK game score. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say after last night’s game.

I said I thought we could've easily put up a 50 spot.

Herbstreit's last game as a player was against Georgia in the Florida Citrus Bowl, and Ohio State lost. Wonder who he will be rooting for next week? :)
I think 4 out of 5 College Gameday panelists will pick Georgia and Lee Corso will put on a Smokey head

Competition makes you better. Our DBs have been going up against a talented WR corp in practice for a while now. That competition has made them better. It will continue to do so as Tillman gets back into the practice rotation more frequently.

Not top mention the excellent competition in games.

Competition makes you better. Our DBs have been going up against a talented WR corp in practice for a while now. That competition has made them better. It will continue to do so as Tillman gets back into the practice rotation more frequently.

Not top mention the excellent competition in games.

VN Store

Back