2nd & Goal from the 3

Swain made a good point when referencing this series of plays. This wasn't on JG even though he played a bad game. This might be the one JG play we can look back at and say this one was on Jennings. Jennings can and should catch that pass 99 times out of 100. The ball wasn't thrown THAT hard despite what all of you are saying plus it hit him square in the hands... You catch those balls, always. That excuse don't work in the NFL so it shoudn't work for JJ. And if the ball is thrown without a little more mustard, it gets batted down. This should be obvious. I his last podcast, Swain does a better job of explaining this to the know nothings on their couches.

Also, the plays called here were actually really good. The players are clearly the ones who could not execute. Our TE was wide open as designed. JJ was given a great opportunity to score. The players dropped the ball here... literally. There are other areas to pick apart with questionable coaching, this isn't one of them.

Reactions: 37620VOL
Swain made a good point when referencing this series of plays. This wasn't on JG even though he played a bad game. This might be the one JG play we can look back at and say this one was on Jennings. Jennings can and should catch that pass 99 times out of 100. The ball wasn't thrown THAT hard despite what all of you are saying plus it hit him square in the hands... You catch those balls, always. That excuse don't work in the NFL so it shoudn't work for JJ. And if the ball is thrown without a little more mustard, it gets batted down. This should be obvious. I his last podcast, Swain does a better job of explaining this to the know nothings on their couches.

Also, the plays called here were actually really good. The players are clearly the ones who could not execute. Our TE was wide open as designed. JJ was given a great opportunity to score. The players dropped the ball here... literally. There are other areas to pick apart with questionable coaching, this isn't one of them.

I will agree the players screwed those 2 plays up but I will not let coaches off the hook. On the 2nd down play, they put Gray in the game to pass block after Chandler ran for 5 yds. Gray is a smallish back who has shown to struggle on pass protection earlier. He clearly did not know who to block on the play and left the DE unblocked which allowed the DE to block the pass. Chandler should have stayed in the game or they should have inserted Jordan in that spot to pass block. IF the back goes low on the DE, its a TD. Thats how you practice the play over and over again. You never practice the play with the DE unblocked. Poor substitution decision on the RB coach IMO.

Reactions: Zues1

VN Store

Back