2nd & Goal from the 3

The 2nd and 3 play all was a good play call IMO. We just got 5 on first down and Florida thought we would run it again. TD was wide open their DE just made a play. Simple as that.

Reactions: UT_King
It was a back corner throw as it was. If you pump, it’s too late. The back didn’t know who to block was the issue.
You will see Pope lined up as fullback and Gray as tailback. Gray whiffed on the DE and the pass was batted when Pope was at about the 3 yard line with plenty of room between him and the sideline. Had JG pump faked, it would have been an easy pass and catch because no defender was in a position to make a play.

Watching the game again on SEC replay. We stopped them, had a great run, Trey hands to the face. 1st and 25. Draw play stuffed. 2nd and 27. Palmer short gain, thrown slightly behind Palmer. Holding on Flawda. Announcer comments on the negative impact of penalties. Things going pretty good here. Salvageable. Our defense gave up too many points. Our offense didn’t control the ball and score. There are a lot of good parts to the team. Just gotta find a way to play 60 minutes without screwing up or blowing it.

Reactions: MadWorld
You will see Pope lined up as fullback and Gray as tailback. Gray whiffed on the DE and the pass was batted when Pope was at about the 3 yard line with plenty of room between him and the sideline. Had JG pump faked, it would have been an easy pass and catch because no defender was in a position to make a play.

JG to Pope? What on earth could go wrong?????

You might want to know something about football. It’s a timing play. The play doesn’t have a pump in it. The back is supposed to block to DE low so his hands are down.
Just stop! Nobody is debating whether or not Gray should have made the block, and no, it isn't a timing route. JG has to have better vision. I'm a JG supporter, but he made a mistake. Keep changing the argument though, and don't let the facts or replay get in the way.

Just stop! Nobody is debating whether or not Gray should have made the block, and no, it isn't a timing route. JG has to have better vision. I'm a JG supporter, but he made a mistake. Keep changing the argument though, and don't let the facts or replay get in the way.

But that was where the play began to come apart.

JG to Pope? What on earth could go wrong?????
So now it's Pope's fault, lol. You've argued that is was a back corner throw, then a timing route, then Grey's fault, and now it's Pope's fault. You don't argue or football very well.

Is This the play where JG got some strange side arm throw blocked when he’d have had a TD if he’d used a little touch and led the receiver over the top into the front corner of the end zone? So many wide open opportunities wasted and why it’s evident a QB change now is needed.

Did they score?
Watch and see! I can't do all of your homework. BTW, I don't recall reading any post from anyone that stated that. Are you changing the argument to a new topic? You should simply say, "Hey, I was wrong about that play."

Watch and see! I can't do all of your homework. BTW, I don't recall reading any post from anyone that stated that. Are you changing the argument to a new topic? You should simply say, "Hey, I was wrong about that play."

No not changing the argument at all.
1) coaches put wrong personnel in to run that play. Gray isn’t a pass blocker YET. The TB has to engage the DE on that play
2) it was stupid to put the game in that situation in JGs hands to make a play. Run the ball there.
3) the play isn’t run to include a pump fake. It’s a quick throw in the flat to the FB. See 1st TD vs FSU in ‘98 NC game to see how it’s run.
Same damn play.

VN Store

Back