2nd favorite team

The College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, VA. I'm a history nerd. My wife and I went to a game while on vacation a few years ago. Not quite the same atmosphere as you find at Neyland. Sadly, the Tribe lost to U Mass that day and a friend who is an alum of W&M banned us from ever entering Zable Stadium again.

May get my Vol card pull for this one but I’d root and cheer for Ga. Fan base takes football serious like ours. Long tradition , compete in the SEC and hate Fl and would look forward to the SEC championship game whipping Bama. Already got a bulldog named Knox lol so wouldn’t be a difficult trade.

My grandfather was a big UK fan so I guess that would be my team. UK or Vandy because they are the local teams.

My parents also went to MTSU.

The only team that could closely match the fan support, tradition, and annual disappointment/despair to match UT would be Nebraska

Reactions: LittleVol
Just scrap college and focus on NFL I guess.

It probably would have been Georgia in the Richt era, but I just couldn’t get behind Kirby Smart now.

I wouldn’t be opposed to following Clemson though. Hard not to like Dabo and what he’s done there.
Agree….Richt seems like he was a pretty good guy.

Some bayou family ties so it’s definitely LSU for me. I usually pull for them out of the West.

I could never be passionate about another college team but I am somewhat fond of Clemson. Lived in Greenville over 10yrs before they became an elite program and even attended a game. Their fans reminded me a lot of our Vols, plus I couldn’t stand the SC fans when I lived there.

Reactions: lukeneyland
If Tennessee quit playing football who would be the next favorite team you would root for and support? Mine would be Ole Miss

Nobody. Nowadays, I follow the Vols casually. Maybe I am just getting older and stubborn, but college football in and of itself has lost it's luster. And the reasons why I have discussed too many times. In the past couple of years, I have not sat back and watched an entire college game once. The few I did see was while I was caring for my late Father, who did watch until he died in '19. And those games were nearly all Tennessee vs somebody.

I still love the Vols, but if they quit playing football? (For all intents and purposes, they haven't really for some time.) I might watch it slightly more than I watch Soccer. Which is never. But another favorite team? Screw that.

VN Store

Back