25 point spread

Same ole same ole same ole. We don’t have depth. The previous coach didn’t leave any talent. It’ll take 3+ years. Bla bla. The truth is it’ll always be the same until we get a coach that can change the culture. Change the perception. That could’ve happened tonight really. We have a bunch of breaks. But we’re too conservative with the between the tackle runs and not going for it on 4th and short from the 50 in the 4th quarter while losing was just gutless. You’ll never even win a game like tonight without taking chances.
We weren’t going to win tonight. The talent discrepancy between UT and Bama is like UT and
Bowling Green

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Same ole same ole same ole. We don’t have depth. The previous coach didn’t leave any talent. It’ll take 3+ years. Bla bla. The truth is it’ll always be the same until we get a coach that can change the culture. Change the perception. That could’ve happened tonight really. We have a bunch of breaks. But we’re too conservative with the between the tackle runs and not going for it on 4th and short from the 50 in the 4th quarter while losing was just gutless. You’ll never even win a game like tonight without taking chances.
And having no depth... And half your roster injured... Playing a team that had an established program for how many years now... Blah blah blah nevermind...

We don’t have the depth or the Jimmies and Joes to hang with Bama for 4 quarters and beat them. Will that ever change ? Hopefully before another decade goes by

3rd downs on both sides of the ball killed any slim shot we had but to be within 7 points of Alabama at the start of the 4th quarter.. Nobody thought that are you kidding me?? The streak ends next year in Neyland. We'll get some Jimmie and Joe's that are excited about playing in front of 102,855 fans and plug some holes, guaranteed!!

Bama piled on in garbage time. Anyone who doesn’t take that final score w a grain of salt is being disingenuous. This team competed well, and the coaches have done a good job w the roster they’re dealing with
Right, I could not believe they put the ball in the air on that drive. Guess I am just mad that we lost and did not cover.

At this point, in this program...I'm feeling pretty good that our guys played Bama as well as they did for three quarters. If you can't see that I'm not sure what to tell you. The fourth quarter was as predictable as the sun rising in the morning. THAT is where having a deep bench of talent, many of whom would be starters on just about any power 5 team in the country really shows up.
Please don't waste your time telling me "football is four quarters..blah blah blah". We all know that and if this were 3-4 years into JH's tenure...I'd be VERY concerned. Disappointed..? Sure I am but I'm not going to ignore the obvious improvements in the program that Coach Heupel has going on.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I was hyped thinking we had a good chance to get the V! What happened? We went from looking for an upset to not being able to pull the 25 point spread. It is just me or did they just stop trying in the middle of the 4th? Yes, the game was out of hand but starlight hand offs? WTF?
The defense was in the field the entire game. They were wore out. This team has plenty of heart. Much more than some teams from 15-20 years ago

Players aren't good enough. No disrespect to Hendon, but a good QB makes that first down after the blocked punt. Not going for it on 4th down down hasn't got a damn thing to do with it

Ran out of gas. It happens when you are young, thin, and rebuilding. We should be used to it by now. We hung in longer than usual with bama...so there is something.

I thought this was obvious, but so many in our fan base have the delusion that our talent is somehow close to Alabama.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
His choice of Pruitt for HBC shows his incompetence.
I still do not see how you could interview Beldar Conehead and see head coaching material. I hope to go the rest off my life and never hear the passing game referred to as the “throw game” ever again.

VN Store

Back