25 point spread

KingG

I was hyped thinking we had a good chance to get the V! What happened? We went from looking for an upset to not being able to pull the 25 point spread. It is just me or did they just stop trying in the middle of the 4th? Yes, the game was out of hand but starlight hand offs? WTF?

I was hyped thinking we had a good chance to get the V! What happened? We went from looking for an upset to not being able to pull the 25 point spread. It is just me or did they just stop trying in the middle of the 4th? Yes, the game was out of hand but starlight hand offs? WTF?

Depth my guy. Depth.

Lol. The team with the better players and coach won. That’s what happened.

Our offensive lines was trashed. DB’s we’re worked. We don’t have the depth to compete with them. I’m worried about next week now.

We didn’t really move the ball after the first quarter except for a big play or two….or after the game was out of reach. thai means the defense was on the field forever. They were bound to get tired, no way around it.
our Vols fought hard. Hats off to the defense for limiting the big plays most of the night (until they got gases at least)

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Well going for it on 4th down at the end was a risk that made it so we lost by more than we actually would have if we had just punted it. Also the turnover was a killer.

Giving up a 60+ yard pass on 3rd and 15, and then throwing a INT that had a long return the following drive. Catastrophic plays, things can get ugly quick. Remember our wins vs South Carolina and Mizzou, they gave up big plays to us and turned the ball over and it got ugly quick. Same thing here but it just happened late in the game instead of the start of it.

Reactions: DonDiego
26 yards in 3rd quarter is tough to overcome. One worrisome trend (even in wins) is that the offense goes MIA for large chunks of the game. It's weird.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Almost a pick 6 that put Bama in the red zone and then a turnover on downs around the 30. Those two plays pretty much killed the chance of covering the spread.

Same ole same ole same ole. We don’t have depth. The previous coach didn’t leave any talent. It’ll take 3+ years. Bla bla. The truth is it’ll always be the same until we get a coach that can change the culture. Change the perception. That could’ve happened tonight really. We have a bunch of breaks. But we’re too conservative with the between the tackle runs and not going for it on 4th and short from the 50 in the 4th quarter while losing was just gutless. You’ll never even win a game like tonight without taking chances.

VN Store

Back