247: Vols' projected depth chart next season

You avoided the FACT that JG wasn't even in the top 100 in RZ QBR. Not convenient to your narrative huh? Go ahead. Tell us how him being outside the top 100 means he's actually great and Maurer sucks.

You have no way of knowing who "will be" the best UT has. Why? Because JG is pretty near topped out. He's reached his potential... and it isn't good enough. Maurer and Shrout at a minimum have not come close to their potential yet. If they develop even at a normal rate this off season then they will challenge JG. We don't know necessarily where Hill is.

Bailey has a long way to go simply because he hasn't faced competition at the level he's about to see. He will have to master the playbook and catch up to the speed of the game... and he STILL has a legitimate shot to catch and pass JG. Holiday is a project who will still likely end up at a different position.
You say alot of dumb stuff. This is up there.

Do you mean redzone qbr or redzone quarterback rating? You confuse the two. If it is quarterback rating you are wrong. I don't know the qbr which is an ESPN stat.

Best on the team also is comparing him to BM and Shrout. With whatever bad you say about JG in the redzone multiply that by a million with the other two. BM was literally the worst redzone qb in the SEC.

JG obviously has not hit a ceiling. He has improved each year number wise and the team has won more games.

If he improves as much year to year as he has literally every year and the others improve at a normal rate then JG will still be much better. They both have so far to go to even reach JG as a freshman. Hill is a much better passer than those two and he is way behind JG.

Bailey is the one with a shot to beat JG. The others already have proven inferior.

I'm sure you don't want and don't think JH can or will play qb. He doesn't fit your "prototype." Give him time to develop and he will challenge in a few years. Just like BM he isn't ready. Maybe in a few years he will be.

Do you mean redzone qbr or redzone quarterback rating? You confuse the two. If it is quarterback rating you are wrong. I don't know the qbr which is an ESPN stat.
No it isn't. It comes directly from cfbstats.com. And no... I am not confused. There are a couple of different methods to calculate QBR (LITERALLY "quarterback rating). They produce different scores but are generally consistent when applied broadly. Talk about "dumb stuff"... did you really not know that QBR stands for quarterback rating?

Best on the team also is comparing him to BM and Shrout. With whatever bad you say about JG in the redzone multiply that by a million with the other two. BM was literally the worst redzone qb in the SEC.
You are so predictable. Two Fr weren't good so by your "logic" that means it is OK for a RS Jr to suck out loud.

JG obviously has not hit a ceiling. He has improved each year number wise and the team has won more games.
Marginal improvement in passing numbers at best. And there you go with that intellectual dishonesty again. Since it suits your false narrative JG should get credit for the team's wins. You ARE a fundamentally dishonest person.

If he improves as much year to year as he has literally every year and the others improve at a normal rate then JG will still be much better. They both have so far to go to even reach JG as a freshman. Hill is a much better passer than those two and he is way behind JG.
That's stupid. I mean just really stupid. JG is a RS Jr. His "improvements" have left him well short of what UT needs to compete at a high level. He has what appear to be innate, fatal flaws. He doesn't take as many sacks now but that's almost exclusively a function of OL improvement. He STILL holds the ball much longer than most SEC QB's. His decision making is TOO SLOW.

If Hill is much better than the other two which you probably derived from raw statistics... which an abjectly STUPID way to determine it..... then he is MUCH better than JG right now. It isn't close.

Maurer made mental mistakes. Physically he is as good or better as a passer than JG. And remember, he was a true Fr without the benefit of 4 years of college level S&C.

Shrout has the strongest arm of the three.

Bailey is the one with a shot to beat JG. The others already have proven inferior.
You really have no concept of how college players and particularly QB's develop, do you. Maurer and Shrout have MUCH more untapped potential than JG. JG just completed his 4th year. He is pretty much what he is. The team could improve around him. A better run game could improve UT's performance in the RZ. JG will STILL process slow and fail to anticipate throws. There are literally innumerable proofs of this. MOST RS Fr who start will catch up to the speed of the game and decision making by mid-season. JG is now a 5th year QB and is still late.

I'm sure you don't want and don't think JH can or will play qb. He doesn't fit your "prototype."
Projection on your part. Pure projection. You've lied consistently about this while actually applying such a standard.

I don't care if Holiday is the guy. I want better than what we've seen from JG. If that's Hill, Maurer, Shrout, Holiday, Bailey... or even JG then my "agenda" has been satisfied.

I was ready to believe that JG had turned the corner. Then he laid massive eggs vs IU and Vandy... NOT powerhouse defenses.
Give him time to develop and he will challenge in a few years. Just like BM he isn't ready. Maybe in a few years he will be.
If he cannot develop a better arm than he showed in his highlight videos then he's not an SEC level QB.

And you are STILL evading the fact that JG was outside the top 100 in RZ QBR last year. Here are the "stats and facts".... have fun:

cfbstats.com - 2019 National Player Leaders

Reactions: cgrish and KBVol
@sjt18
Qbr and quarterback rating are two different stats. QBR is an ESPN stat many here like to use. Quarterback rating is the traditional stat everyone uses.

ESPN has him at 155.6 redzone rating. One of the best in the SEC.
Jarrett Guarantano Stats, Splits | ESPN

This site lists a bunch of non qualifiers with 15 or less redzone attempts. Many of their stats also don't match ESPN. Nice try to post some bs stats though.

@sjt18
Qbr and quarterback rating are two different stats. QBR is an ESPN stat many here like to use. Quarterback rating is the traditional stat everyone uses.
Are you really that dumb? QBR literally stands for "quarterback rating".

ESPN has him at 155.6 redzone rating. One of the best in the SEC.
Jarrett Guarantano Stats, Splits | ESPN
Once again you try to cherry pick stats to support your false narrative.... and you lie.

Trask 191. Tua 199. Burrow 270. Fromm 193. Bryant 171.

JG 156.

Mond 152. Corral 150. Nix 141. R Neal 147. Hilinski 131.

JG fits with one of these groups. It isn't among the SEC's "best". If they had stats for the whole NCAA then you are still likely looking at JG in the bottom half at best. Notice that 3 of the guys grouped with JG were true freshmen.

JG is more comparable to Ryan Neal than he is to the "best" QB's in the SEC. That's not good enough.

Stats required at least 14 attempts.

This site lists a bunch of non qualifiers with 15 or less redzone attempts. Many of their stats also don't match ESPN. Nice try to post some bs stats though.
Right. Just like every other time your false narrative is exposed by facts and stats.... you declare that those facts and stats don't really matter.

Funny, you ignored the fact that BM had less than 15 attempts when you trashed him.

You are a fundamentally dishonest person.

I'm sure you don't want and don't think JH can or will play qb. He doesn't fit your "prototype." Give him time to develop and he will challenge in a few years. Just like BM he isn't ready. Maybe in a few years he will be.
Just a simple question. A yes or no is all that is required..
Do you believe that less completions, a lower completion %, and a lower TD to int ratio. All while throwing 38 attempts vs the best on our schedule an improvement???

Yes or no

I find it funny that you’re so convinced that JG is/was/will be the best we have when it became clear to everyone over the course of the season that, had there been a competition and the job not been handed to JG, the “competition” was obviously much closer between Maurer and JG than you care to admit. We were being told the competition was between JTS and BM for #2 and we fell for it for a while until JPs hand was forced. In actuality the competition was between BM and JG for #1 all along. It became apparent the coaching staff believed that a healthy BM, as a freshman, was the best we had when they started him over JG once he was cleared to play after injury. What’s that tell you K town? Because it tells me BM is the best we have in terms of talent. JG is the best we have in terms of experience.
It doesn’t matter what your stats say against a kid that was never given an opportunity to redeem himself vs one that was handed the opportunities to be the hero. We can only speculate that BM would or wouldn’t have won those games himself. But I do know MSU, Bama, UGA and UK all had problems with him and whether you wanna admit it or not BMs skill set PUSHED JG to play differently and therefore has as much to do with JGs success as JG does himself.

JG is going to have to really step up during the off season if he wants to keep his job.

He’s looked “meh” to bad with maybe a single big game a season since he started. I hope the best for him but if he can’t do it, then I also hope Pruitt pulls the trigger on a change FAST.

Most experienced, most talented, and most productive. Also least turnover prone.
Most talented would mean he leads his receivers like Maurer does. Not even in the same area code. Most talented would mean he has at least the same running capabilities. Once again, not in the same league. Most talented would mean he has the same pocket presence or better. Are we really wanting to discuss that? Most talented would mean a much higher ceiling than that of Maurer. Like I told you before, stats mean crap when they weren’t treated equally. Bm was pulled and not allowed to redeem himself following mistakes. JG was left in when he looked bad as well as given the opportunity to be a hero in games he didn’t start.

Reactions: sjt18
Most talented would mean he leads his receivers like Maurer does. Not even in the same area code. Most talented would mean he has at least the same running capabilities. Once again, not in the same league. Most talented would mean he has the same pocket presence or better. Are we really wanting to discuss that? Most talented would mean a much higher ceiling than that of Maurer. Like I told you before, stats mean crap when they weren’t treated equally. Bm was pulled and not allowed to redeem himself following mistakes. JG was left in when he looked bad as well as given the opportunity to be a hero in games he didn’t start.
Leads them where? Into getting blasted? That is the only thing 46% passing Maurer did.

JG set the qb record for Sparq at the Opening. He also has a better 40 time on record. BM just runs more due to not reading the field better.

Pocket presence? Not even on the same planet. JG is much better. BM still is just trying to figure out what is going on.

JG has a much higher ceiling. Hence better ranking and better play, even as a freshman. Maybe he hits it next year. A borderline Five star has a much higher ceiling than a Three star. We also saw it with their freshman year play.

Looked bad yet much better than Maurer who looked terrible. I guess we went with bad over terrible.

Leads them where? Into getting blasted? That is the only thing 46% passing Maurer did.

JG set the qb record for Sparq at the Opening. He also has a better 40 time on record. BM just runs more due to not reading the field better.

Pocket presence? Not even on the same planet. JG is much better. BM still is just trying to figure out what is going on.

JG has a much higher ceiling. Hence better ranking and better play, even as a freshman. Maybe he hits it next year. A borderline Five star has a much higher ceiling than a Three star. We also saw it with their freshman year play.

Looked bad yet much better than Maurer who looked terrible. I guess we went with bad over terrible.

He was also responsible for less points-per-game than Brent Cimaglia who managed 8 PPG.

You can cherry pick and talk up whatever stats you want, and it still won't change the fact that he has not been able to consistently move the offense, and mentally process the game at the speed necessary to be successful in the SEC.

He was also responsible for less points-per-game than Brent Cimaglia who managed 8 PPG.

You can cherry pick and talk up whatever stats you want, and it still won't change the fact that he has not been able to consistently move the offense, and mentally process the game at the speed necessary to be successful in the SEC.
We are making a comparison. So whatever you say multiply it for the backups. He was much better. He was the best we had. So quote any stats you want. Still our best option.

You better pray Bailey is as advertised. If not JG will have his chance for a breakout year.

If you think JG is faster than Maurer then you’re even more delusional than most give you credit for. In fact that comment alone shows just how biased you are.

I see you’re dead set on that 47% because its your only leg to stand on if you include the games he was unprepared for.

Yes JG was higher rated. The talent difference between the two should show you just how trustworthy the services are. Let that sink in homeboy...... JG was a borderline 5*. BM a borderline 4*. 🤔

Pocket presence....... can’t believe you have the nadds to argue against that one any more than the speed but you’re on record saying JG is faster than Maurer now, so what’s the difference?

Wow man....... you’re a piece of work

If you think JG is faster than Maurer then you’re even more delusional than most give you credit for. In fact that comment alone shows just how biased you are.

I see you’re dead set on that 47% because its your only leg to stand on if you include the games he was unprepared for.

Yes JG was higher rated. The talent difference between the two should show you just how trustworthy the services are. Let that sink in homeboy...... JG was a borderline 5*. BM a borderline 4*. 🤔

Pocket presence....... can’t believe you have the nadds to argue against that one any more than the speed but you’re on record saying JG is faster than Maurer now, so what’s the difference?

Wow man....... you’re a piece of work
JG has been dealing with injuries. He has taken off a few times and looked pretty good running. BM is only an average runner himself. They are both pretty average. BM has more wiggle and is a more willing runner. I will give him that. Speed I'm not so sure.

46.7% not even 47%.

The services look good on this. The highest rated guy as a freshman was 61.9% 7.2 ypa 4 tds and 2 ints. The low rated guy was 46.7% also 7.2 ypa and 2 tds to 5ints.

Pocket presence isn't close. In your eyes BM is a great runner. He still took sacks at a much worse rate than JG. JG also didn't have the ridiculous turnover rate.

JG has been dealing with injuries. He has taken off a few times and looked pretty good running. BM is only an average runner himself. They are both pretty average. BM has more wiggle and is a more willing runner. I will give him that. Speed I'm not so sure.

46.7% not even 47%.

The services look good on this. The highest rated guy as a freshman was 61.9% 7.2 ypa 4 tds and 2 ints. The low rated guy was 46.7% also 7.2 ypa and 2 tds to 5ints.

Pocket presence isn't close. In your eyes BM is a great runner. He still took sacks at a much worse rate than JG. JG also didn't have the ridiculous turnover rate.
You’re not worth arguing with anymore. I can’t believe that people exist that trust what’s written on paper vs what they can see with their own eyes but you prove it on a daily basis that those people DO in fact exist.

I never said BM was a great runner. In fact just the opposite. There are several people here that have seen my posts before claiming Maurer as fast but not shifty. I’ll tell you Holiday is a better runner just from looking at tape. However he’s not much faster and he’s not near the passer BM is.

Once again, go back and WATCH the games. Most of those “sacks” were him escaping a broken pocket and getting OOB before getting to the LOS. Statistically speaking it’s a sack. But technically speaking it’s not.

You don’t even want me to get started on the services...... they have no idea. Simple as that. All I need to say to win that argument is within our own qb room. Bm was a 3* “pocket passer” where JG was a 4* “duel threat”. We had 3 qbs in our room and it’s safe to say they missed on 2 of them. It matches up perfectly with their accuracy rate of 30% the last I checked.

Reactions: sjt18
Guys @k-town_king is a fundamentally dishonest person. My only question is whether he's lying straight up or is that self-deluded. If you find it fun to essentially make a mockery of him (and sometimes that's my motivation) or you don't want his non-sense to be believed by the unwary... then respond. If you believe he has even a seed of honesty that would lead him to make an honest assessment outside of his cult delusions... you're just going to be frustrated.

Left this in the Recruiting Forum. Always an interpretive endeavor with young ones on social media.
7E41A0E9-9A9A-4F42-AE7A-32C270807BA0.jpeg

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back