'22 TN PG Brian Edwards Jr. (BJ Edwards) (Tennessee commit)

Edwards, Wallace, JHS, Mitchell.

It's happening.
giphy.gif

Don’t get me wrong, it will be fun to have Chandler for a year. But Edwards is the type of recruit that excites me more. I think Barnes is better served recruiting the guys ranked 25-100 than the 5* guys. I think that will be better for the program long term.

Reactions: LeannaVol
Don’t get me wrong, it will be fun to have Chandler for a year. But Edwards is the type of recruit that excites me more. I think Barnes is better served recruiting the guys ranked 25-100 than the 5* guys. I think that will be better for the program long term.
Health permitted, Chandler will be a dynamite ride with no comparison imo.

No doubt. Gonna be a blast!!!
I’ve just felt all along, with Barnes’ approach, focused on development, that 25-75 range is a sweet spot of guys who have NBA talent / measurables, but will likely stick around 3 years.
Villanova’s model most recently displayed by Baylor. Roy Williams doubled up his titles with less one and dones also. All that to basically agree with you on your overall point. But I’m really going to enjoy Chandler. The first player since Allan Houston that other teams won’t have an answer in defending.

Villanova’s model most recently displayed by Baylor. Roy Williams doubled up his titles with less one and dones also. All that to basically agree with you on your overall point. But I’m really going to enjoy Chandler. The first player since Allan Houston that other teams won’t have an answer in defending.

I agree. I ain’t mad about Chandler!

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Idk if someone sent this already but he said recently that he is recruiting Dillon Mitchell, and feels like he is a UT lean, Ernest Udeh Jr, and Cason Wallace

There is allayed one or two in a crowd.

Yep, I’m allayed…

And at this point, I’ve enjoyed a 1-and-done Kennedy Chandler WAY more than I enjoyed Springer + Keon last year 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Me too. I do wish Chandler would learn to shoot foul shots. You do need to get your legs involved to make a high % of foul shots. A flick of the wrist just does not get the job done.

Reactions: cncchris33
I may be stating the obvious here, but I truly believe next years team will be pretty special. Getting everyone back except for Fulky and maybe a guy or 2 transferring out is not that bad. Getting Edwards and possibly another player, and then getting a healthy Olivier back to go in the post rotation. Ziegler-Vescovi-James-Nkouhma-BHH is a SOLID starting 5. Plavsic, Aidoo, Bailey Jr, Powell, Mishack, Edwards, etc. next years team may be even stronger than this years team IMO.

I may be stating the obvious here, but I truly believe next years team will be pretty special. Getting everyone back except for Fulky and maybe a guy or 2 transferring out is not that bad. Getting Edwards and possibly another player, and then getting a healthy Olivier back to go in the post rotation. Ziegler-Vescovi-James-Nkouhma-BHH is a SOLID starting 5. Plavsic, Aidoo, Bailey Jr, Powell, Mishack, Edwards, etc. next years team may be even stronger than this years team IMO.
(Probably not happening) but what if Chandler came back for 1 more year. Next years team would be absolutely lethal!!

(Probably not happening) but what if Chandler came back for 1 more year. Next years team would be absolutely lethal!!

If the updated mock draft has Chandler slipping to the 2nd round, then he should come back imo.

VN Store

Back