'22 NY PF Tobe Awaka (Tennessee commit)

any thoughts on Awaka out there?
I'll offer my opinion that is based on a little film and worth what you are paying for it. I doubt we see him play much this year. He seems like an athletic, lots of potential, rebound and defend type player every team needs but lacks much of an offensive game beyond getting offensive rebounds and going back up. With the way players transfer around, I am concerned any developmental type player sticks around for too long but hopefully he will and can develop into a valuable player for us. He does seem mature and has a good attitude about him.

I'll offer my opinion that is based on a little film and worth what you are paying for it. I doubt we see him play much this year. He seems like an athletic, lots of potential, rebound and defend type player every team needs but lacks much of an offensive game beyond getting offensive rebounds and going back up. With the way players transfer around, I am concerned any developmental type player sticks around for too long but hopefully he will and can develop into a valuable player for us. He does seem mature and has a good attitude about him.

I hope you have the athletic part right. Sure, for a high school player, he is athletic. I just hope it translates to major D1. Again, I think we need more film, in order to make a better guess. It sure seems that he has the intangibles.

I’d complain about BHH for 10 minutes, then he’d do something good a couple times giving me hope. Then he’d disappear for rest of the game. I don’t know what Tennessee lost or what Louisville got at this point.

BHH seemed like a guy with a very high ceiling but not a lot of drive to get there. The light may eventually come on as he matures. Would have been fun to watch him develop here.

No. Ziegler was set to play his senior season of high school before UT offered.
No. Same story as Awaka.
"A class of 2021 point guard, Zeigler didn’t have much going after his senior season at Immaculate Conception in New Jersey. He had a big season scoring and distributing the ball, but due to Covid coaches hadn’t been able to see him. His future options were limited, he felt weighed down by stress and wondered if continuing his basketball career was even worth it.

“I was very worried; I was stressing, and I was telling my family and friends that I didn’t want to play ball anymore,” Zeigler told 247Sports. “It was too stressful. I was getting down on myself and losing confidence and it was just very stressful.”

Though he was down, Zeigler’s support system rallied around him. He planned on doing a year of prep at Our Saviour Lutheran while coaches Shandue McNeill and Dana Dingle convinced him to come out and play with the New Heights Lightning on the Grassroots circuit and in the Nike EYBL. The support was exactly what he needed."

VN Store

Back