'21 TN PG Kennedy Chandler (Tennessee commit 08.14.20)

I think the guy interviewing him was more interested in talking about the other schools. He brought up Tennessee last, and called us "up and coming", which I thought was a little strange. Tennessee was ranked #1 in the country for a good portion of the 2019 season and made the Sweet 16. It's hard to read much into what Chandler was saying... because the guy interviewing him wasn't showing Tennessee much respect.
I kinda thought so, too. With the way these videos are edited, it's difficult to get the context, but that's how it seemed.

Do yourself a favor and rewatch the video and skip straight to Chandler talking about each school. UT was the only non-monotone response and the only school he talked about staff, team, program, fans and not just one or two of those things. I think it was actually a positive video for us.
I thought it was positive as well, saw nothing negative at all

Do yourself a favor and rewatch the video and skip straight to Chandler talking about each school. UT was the only non-monotone response and the only school he talked about staff, team, program, fans and not just one or two of those things. I think it was actually a positive video for us.
My thoughts also.

I have had extensive training in studying non verbal clues and body language to determine when someone is being deceitful or shows excitement when discussing potential plans. From the video I have deduced that Chandler is either going to attend Georgia Christian Bible College on an Old Testament scholarship or play basketball at UT. Hard to tell.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
I think the guy interviewing him was more interested in talking about the other schools. He brought up Tennessee last, and called us "up and coming", which I thought was a little strange. Tennessee was ranked #1 in the country for a good portion of the 2019 season and made the Sweet 16. It's hard to read much into what Chandler was saying... because the guy interviewing him wasn't showing Tennessee much respect.
Yeah, that kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

I have had extensive training in studying non verbal clues and body language to determine when someone is being deceitful or shows excitement when discussing potential plans. From the video I have deduced that Chandler is either going to attend Georgia Christian Bible College on an Old Testament scholarship or play basketball at UT. Hard to tell.
I just finished watching all 3 seasons of "Lie To Me" on IMDB. I'm practically a pro at this.

I hope we have this guy, but he sure doesn't tip his hand. Kind of worries me.

I don't know. I think his emphasis on "father figures" being the #1 thing he looks for in a coach is a pretty on the nose hint at who his choice might be. Sure, he said he had that relationship with all the other coaches, but if there is one thing Rick Barnes is known for across the NCAA it's being more than just a coach. I forgot the player's name, but Rick literally went to one of his former player's graduations at Texas last year a decade after he last coached him. Not often you see things like that.

I don't know. I think his emphasis on "father figures" being the #1 thing he looks for in a coach is a pretty on the nose hint at who his choice might be. Sure, he said he had that relationship with all the other coaches, but if there is one thing Rick Barnes is known for across the NCAA it's being more than just a coach. I forgot the player's name, but Rick literally went to one of his former player's graduations at Texas last year a decade after he last coached him. Not often you see things like that.

TJ Ford

I hope we have this guy, but he sure doesn't tip his hand. Kind of worries me.
Admittedly, I looked for reasons to be optimistic, but a few things that stuck out.
1. He seems to indicate the dead period will get pushed.
2. As such, he realizes visits aren't happening.
3. He failed to stick to the late October-early November timeframe, likely because of points 1 and 2.
4. Everything he's looking for exists at Tennessee, and is and Memphis likely have the closest relationship with him, which he spent a long time talking about. Admittedly, he attempted to note that he has good relationships with all 5 schools and staffs.
5. My guess is, based on those comments, that he'll be making a decision not long after the formal announcement of the visit push.

I honestly think he already knows what he wants to do, and the forthcoming announcement is just going to set things in motion a little quicker than he planned. And that's a good thing for Tennessee, IMO.

Maybe I’m off base, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a commitment video was also filmed...would be pretty random (not unheard of) for VQ to travel 6 hours to meet up with Chandler during a pandemic just to discuss his Top 5.
That would make sense and it sounds like the Vols are in a good place. However, just a month ago Volquest released a video with Travali Price (also the next day they released one with his brother who had a walk on offer) and he committed to NC State a week later.

Last edited:
That would makes sense and it sounds like the Vols are in a good place. However, just a month ago Volquest released a video with Travali Price (also the next day they released one with his brother who had a walk on offer) and he committed to NC State a week later.

I recall them doing those videos, but as you mentioned that was a part of a tour they were doing with multiple prospects. As I said, I could be wrong and they’ve done it before, but a specific trip for just Chandler (who admits a decision soon) seems like maybe something there.

VN Store

Back