2025 Recruiting

That would be, at least, her second visit on her own dime in seven months. Which I would take as a good sign, until I remember Ashlyn Shade.

Jim

Now now, as we all know, it's inappropriate to cite NIL as a reason for losing out on recruits, because NIL doesn't actually influence recruiting outcomes. (it actually influences them a lot, I'm being small font sarcastic)

Been looking for a public post of a TN offer to Divine Bourrage. It was on Instagram not Twitter X.

Last edited:
2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#4 Dee Alexander
Aubrey Beckham
#9 Divine Bourrage
#16 Nyla Brooks To Tennessee!
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#2 Jasmine Davidson Not in top 8
#14 Madison Francis
#54 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#47 Lauren Hurst
#45 Adelaide Jernigan
#5 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#8 Leah Macy
#15 Brynn McGaughy
#43 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#19 Keeley Parks
#11 Deniya Prawl
#10 Emilee Skinner
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#21 Janiyah Williams

One thing we learned about NIL deals with this new NCAA investigation is that you can't use them to recruit or offer NIL deals to high school players. How many other schools are ignoring this rule. I say LSU for sure and SC says everyone gets 25 K that is on the team and that is a violation since this is a standing offer to anyone who they are recruiting there. They make it public. I fully understand why we don't say anything publicly now about NIL it is a violation.

Last edited:
One thing we learned about NIL deals with this new NCAA investigation is that you can't use them to recruit or offer NIL deals to high school players. How many other schools are ignoring this rule. I say LSU for sure and SC says everyone gets 25 K that is on the team and that is a violation since this is a standing offer to anyone who they are recruiting there. They make it public. I fully understand why we don't say anything publicly now about NIL it is a violation.

Not for long though, NCAAs position is about to get blown up in Greeneville.

Reactions: Volfan2012

Not for long though, NCAAs position is about to get blown up in Greeneville.
A poster here told us that the way SC gets around direct pay for play (which this clearly is) is by attaching some vague future NIL obligation that may or may not ever be called in. They may have to make a couple of tik toks or something just so they can call it NIL. I'm sure LSU does the same thing. Nod, nod, wink, wink.

I agree, it looks like the courts are about to remove any restriction so schools won't have to even fake stuff anymore. Straight up unrestricted, highest bidder pay for play with unlimited transfer looks here to stay. I feel bad for players who played like 3 or 4 yrs ago. Rotten timing. Must have hurt to see that GA quarterback posing with his new Lamborghini on twitter.

A poster here told us that the way SC gets around direct pay for play (which this clearly is) is by attaching some vague future NIL obligation that may or may not ever be called in. They may have to make a couple of tik toks or something just so they can call it NIL. I'm sure LSU does the same thing. Nod, nod, wink, wink.

I agree, it looks like the courts are about to remove any restriction so schools won't have to even fake stuff anymore. Straight up unrestricted, highest bidder pay for play with unlimited transfer looks here to stay. I feel bad for players who played like 3 or 4 yrs ago. Rotten timing. Must have hurt to see that GA quarterback posing with his new Lamborghini on twitter.

Agreed, but they'll just have to learn to live with it. Soon after I graduated from college, Tennessee started offering half off tuition for TN teachers' kids attending in-state public colleges. I had taken maximum quarterly loads and gone to an off-campus branch for required courses in order to save money (& graduated in three years but only got to spend five glorious quarters on campus). Thirty-some years later, I miss out on an early-retirement incentive payout by a couple of years. Not the same as missing out on stupid bucks from NIL, but it smarted just the same. All in the timing.

2012, you are incorrect on the SC case. The money paid to team members ($25k) is set up and distributed by a collective made up of corporate sponsors who engage the players in marketing responsibilities for the businesses. It is 100% legal. Similar to every Texas OL getting $50k under same setup. The Mercedes Benz that RJ gets free use of? Same deal, it's not done by the school and it comes with some responibilities to the corporate donor. Players are allowed to make $ from their name, image and likeness now of course. The schools just cannot be the ones paying the players or be the source of the funding.

2012, you are incorrect on the SC case. The money paid to team members ($25k) is set up and distributed by a collective made up of corporate sponsors who engage the players in marketing responsibilities for the businesses. It is 100% legal. Similar to every Texas OL getting $50k under same setup. The Mercedes Benz that RJ gets free use of? Same deal, it's not done by the school and it comes with some responibilities to the corporate donor. Players are allowed to make $ from their name, image and likeness now of course. The schools just cannot be the ones paying the players or be the source of the funding.
I think the question has been the loosey goosey, maybe in the future "marketing responsibilities". These (including Rickea's) are obviously pay for plays with hazy sh*t thrown in to make it legal. You seen ads featuring the last player on the SC bench? And truthfully, RJ's presence w Mercedes has been minimal, as was Hendon Hooker's a couple of years ago. Mostly centered around the publicity and interviews when the deal was signed. She does way more for Hey Dudes.

But this is moot; if recent court rulings are any indication they won't even have to pretend in the near future.

I think the question has been the loosey goosey, maybe in the future "marketing responsibilities". These (including Rickea's) are obviously pay for plays with hazy sh*t thrown in to make it legal. You seen ads featuring the last player on the SC bench? And truthfully, RJ's presence w Mercedes has been minimal, as was Hendon Hooker's a couple of years ago. Mostly centered around the publicity and interviews when the deal was signed. She does way more for Hey Dudes.

But this is moot; if recent court rulings are any indication they won't even have to pretend in the near future.
That is why this case is coming to court in a couple of days. NCAA is saying collectives are part of a school or at least they are saying the Tennessee one is. They are saying this because they don't want collectives making deals with athletes while they are still in high school. In some states it is legal to make these deals. NCAA has undefined set of rules which they keep changing and now are trying to enforce one that collectives can't announce every player gets this much at a school. Texas A&M shut down that OL's were getting 50 k because the NCAA says you can't publicly say that even if you are a collective. Tennessee does not make public what players get in most sports. Some of Spyre deals were made public now the fight with the NCAA is on.

That is why this case is coming to court in a couple of days. NCAA is saying collectives are part of a school or at least they are saying the Tennessee one is. They are saying this because they don't want collectives making deals with athletes while they are still in high school. In some states it is legal to make these deals. NCAA has undefined set of rules which they keep changing and now are trying to enforce one that collectives can't announce every player gets this much at a school. Texas A&M shut down that OL's were getting 50 k because the NCAA says you can't publicly say that even if you are a collective. Tennessee does not make public what players get in most sports. Some of Spyre deals were made public now the fight with the NCAA is on.
The head spins. But all you said is accurate. Obviously it's all going to have to go by the wayside and start over w sensible, court-approved rules. Probably going to take awhile, and meanwhile 3 or 4 yrs of athletes will make what should have been divided up among everyone for years. Talk about your good timing.

VN Store

Back