2025 Recruiting

Just a thought. Maybe that clip is not the best representation of her game.

She has also been offered by Louisville (Jeff Walz aka the greatest coach to ever live according to some), Virginia Tech, North Carolina State, Iowa, U of Miami (coached by everyone's replacement for Kellie, Katie Meier), Michigan, Florida State, Florida, with other top schools presumably to follow.

I kinda find it hard to believe that all those coaches are actively recruiting such an inferior player and all overlooking the glaring flaws that render her completely incapable of competing at a D1 level.

But Kellie has offered and is actively trying to recruit her, which means of course, she is little more than chopped chicken liver. However, if she opts for an other of her many offers, she will suddenly be transformed into a truly elite player that Kellie could not close on.
I saw Adelaide Jernigan play tonight. They were in town to play Sarah Strong's team. She's not Sarah, but she can play some ball. Iowa offered her in November, and I think Iowa knows a good guard when they see one.

It was only her second game back from a knee injury that had kept her out for a few weeks and her coach, who's known me for a long time, told me after the game she wasn't 100 percent yet. She had 23 points and was facing some pretty good opposition. Grace Christian's team is basically Sarah's whole travel team, and ranked No. 1 in North Carolina.

This is one shot of her I took from the game (I'm the sports editor of the newspaper here in Sanford):

Attachments

• DSC_4742.JPG
    DSC_4742.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 21
I saw Adelaide Jernigan play tonight. They were in town to play Sarah Strong's team. She's not Sarah, but she can play some ball. Iowa offered her in November, and I think Iowa knows a good guard when they see one.

It was only her second game back from a knee injury that had kept her out for a few weeks and her coach, who's known me for a long time, told me after the game she wasn't 100 percent yet. She had 23 points and was facing some pretty good opposition. Grace Christian's team is basically Sarah's whole travel team, and ranked No. 1 in North Carolina.

This is one shot of her I took from the game (I'm the sports editor of the newspaper here in Sanford):
A few weeks? That would make me hesitate a bit.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A few weeks? That would make me hesitate a bit.
It happened in a tournament game on Dec. 20. She could have come back sooner, but Bishop McGuinness is very conservative in how it handles injured players, and they only lost one game while she was out. They lost to Grace last night, but put up a good fight. Grace wore them down in the second half, but Adelaide went off in the fourth quarter and cut a 23-point lead down to 12 with three minutes left. She stole the ball and just missed another three that would have cut it to nine. Sarah Strong had 28 but they weren't guarding each other. I didn't see any big-name coaches there, but there were some from mid-majors watching other players on the teams.

Anyway, she'd be a good get for the LVs, although I've been pissed for three years that Kellie couldn't at least draw a sniff from Sarah Strong. Never been here. Kim Mulkey flew in for a game last year and Jamelle Elliott from UConn was here one night her sophomore season. The coaches see her at other events, but it has to make an impression when they come in to Sanford, NC just to see you.

If anyone is interested, a good part of the game is on video here: https://www.highschoolot.com/story/...d-fends-off-no-10-bishop-mcguinness/21244033/ They showed a lot of highlights of both Adelaide and Sarah.

Last edited:
2025s who have posted offers.
# ESPN ranking

#4 Dee Alexander
Aubrey Beckham
#16 Nyla Brooks To Tennessee!
#1 Aaliyah Chavez
#2 Jasmine Davidson Not in top 8
#14 Madison Francis
#54 Lena Girardi
#41 Holland Harris
Layla Hayes
#47 Lauren Hurst
#45 Adelaide Jernigan
#5 Zakiyah Johnson
Alyssa Koerkenmeier
#8 Leah Macy
#15 Brynn McGaughy
#43 Jordan Ode To Michigan State
#19 Keeley Parks
#11 Deniya Prawl
#10 Emilee Skinner
#13 Hailee Swain To Stanford
#21 Janiyah Williams

Reactions: 1reVOLver and PRG
#2 in 2025 has eliminated us as per Raoul.
View attachment 615800
This young lady is the real deal will be a nightmare matchup at the next level. Will need to hit the weight room and get stronger but what a talent. She was at the LSU Ark game. Dawn was in the stands at one game. Stanford is the team she liked early on she said.

Is Janiyah Williams the lock she seems to be from her family's posts? Or do they flirt with everyone like that?
Sure love to have her she is a fantastic player would just be adding to three players that are here and are going to help us. I also really like Hurst she has a lot of upside at 6'3" can play inside or out. Good quickness and can handle the basketball. Wonder if she is thinking basketball or volleyball as she is great at both sports and has a ton of offers from both sports. If she likes Tennessee we may have to beat out our volleyball coach to get her. Those two committing would really be the best class Kellie Harper has ever recruited at any school. Just add one more post or wing player and we finally got what we need out of a high school class. Then hit that portal for a big center and big forward and some other talented offensive players at any position.

Last edited:
Nyla Brooks could end up ranked at the top of the 2025 class before she gets to Rocky Top.
The competition she is performing against so far consists of three Top 10 teams in the Nat’l w/ multiple players ranked in the 2024 class.

Nyla Brooks could end up ranked at the top of the 2025 class before she gets to Rocky Top.
The competition she is performing against so far consists of three Top 10 teams in the Nat’l w/ multiple players ranked in the 2024 class.

One of the few times I have agreed with you. She is the real deal can play with anyone in that 2025 class.

VN Store

Back