2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a social media story with Jewel Spear in a Tennessee shirt. The players aren’t nearly as neglected in this coaching search as some people are making it seem. This doesn’t have to be made to be so dramatic. Some players would’ve and could’ve enter the portal without a coaching change.
I think the players are in a holding pattern, just like everyone else, to see who the new coach will be. Then they can decide from there.
I really think that’s a low probability this season.

If I’m wrong, I’ll own it. But I just don’t see them jumping right back into another job. This was her dream job, it will take a little time for this wound to heal.
I do too. Both players and coaches need to observe the 'don't make big decisions too soon after a shock' rule. I can't really see Kellie hopping right back in, but I've been so wrong so much . .

I mentioned it yesterday early. …blood bath invoked. Hopefully the new coach can keep those they select.
Man, you have to feel for Puckett/Strip/Wynn and Darby. They've been through it all, taken so many slings and arrows as subpar recruits, have been fantastic Lady Vols in all ways, ready for their senior run - and boom.

Know who's mouth I'll bet is watering - Kristi Curry at Alabama.

Man, you have to feel for Puckett/Strip/Wynn and Darby. They've been through it all, taken so many slings and arrows as subpar recruits, have been fantastic Lady Vols in all ways, ready for their senior run - and boom.

Know who's mouth I'll bet is watering - Kristi Curry at Alabama.
puckett, striplin, and darby i’m sure kristi curry would take in a heartbeat. i don’t think puckett leaves. the other two, it’s possible.

Believe me these really good players in Portal are waiting to see who we hire. They know how prestigious this program is and the money people have said there in to Danny go get a big gun. Those who said NIL was hurting Kellie is correct but they did not trust her coaching to give much. .

Believe me these really good players in Portal are waiting to see who we hire. They know how prestigious this program is and the money people have said there in to Danny go get a big gun. Those who said NIL was hurting Kellie is correct but they did not trust her coaching to give much. .
You must not have listened to coach yos twitter space. The portal coaches are ruthless for commits

You are correct. Some of the other posters are obviously going out the way to make things seem dramatic. Tennessee coaching news on yesterday was the headline of the day during the Elite 8! Never before have I seen or heard anything like it before during the sports/social media era. These players in the portal and those looking to get into the portal have Tennessee on their radar no doubt. A coach from another program like the one mentioned above is not keeping a quality player from Rocky Top.

I’m also hopeful Danny is working the phone tree with these players/transfers who were interested in coming here. Unless someone is bringing a lot of talent, we are going to be in the same place we were with Kellie—needing to hit home runs (make slam dunks?) in the portal.
He did that after making his decision .We do not know when he made the decision to fire Coach Harper but I am in the camp it was done some time ago amd if so he worked the phones then.

Very interesting. Clara Strack is the freshman center who shows great promise and her do not contact tag tells me she is going to Kentucky to be with her coach Kenny Brooks and the phenom guard Georgia Amoore. Another future headache for the Lady Vols.
Have to feel at least a little bit of pity for Virginia Tech. They have lost their stellar coach, All-American guard and their up-and-coming freshman center all in a matter of a few weeks. I would say they have no love for the Kentucky Wildcats, but that's college sports for you.

Have to feel at least a little bit of pity for Virginia Tech. They have lost their stellar coach, All-American guard and their up-and-coming freshman center all in a matter of a few weeks. I would say they have no love for the Kentucky Wildcats, but that's college sports for you.

Yeah if anyone form Tennessee is feeling too bad just take a gander at Blacksburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back