2024 Transfer Portal Thread

There's 100% insiders... just most know sharing too much = target on the back.

I was unintentionally an insider briefly in the Butch Jones era when Darrin Kirkland Jr. stayed with a co-worker of mine. DK had gotten hurt and then tore his MCL in practice, I asked "how's DK looking?" and that's when I found out he had torn his MCL from the co-worker. The knee injury in practice wasn't reported for a few days after that and the MCL tear was delayed for weeks, but I mean what reason would I have to share that stuff.

But insiders with recruits are dealing with information that can almost be discarded as soon as it’s shared.

Last edited:
“Speaking of Spyre, Lanier and his parents are meeting with Tennessee's collective today. The Vols put a lot of effort into landing a guy who's the #2 player left in the portal. Lanier is down to BYU (his agent's choice), Kentucky, and Tennessee.”

Snippet from TB’s site. First time I’ve heard any suggestion that his agent may be pushing for BYU. If true, common sense and green dollars would dictate that they must have made the highest offer.

“Speaking of Spyre, Lanier and his parents are meeting with Tennessee's collective today. The Vols put a lot of effort into landing a guy who's the #2 player left in the portal. Lanier is down to BYU (his agent's choice), Kentucky, and Tennessee.”

Snippet from TB’s site. First time I’ve heard any suggestion that his agent may be pushing for BYU. If true, common sense and green dollars would dictate that they must have made the highest offer.
That was also mentioned on the last VQ podcast from yesterday.

His agent is close friends with BYU head coach, who has NBA experience with the Suns.

VN Store

Back