2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I’ll probably get roasted for this but I see shades of Curry in his game. I think it’s his ability to shoot off the dribble and to creat his own shoot and his quick release. Highly doubt he’s in the same ballpark with his 3 point shot though.
Thought I’d come back to this because I found this.

“In Europe I’m watching more from Shane Larkin and Lorenzo Brown because they’re both great scorers and passers. In the NBA I’m watching Steph Curry because I’m trying to have his off-ball game and Trae Young because he’s undersized and not athletic but still can put crazy numbers in the league.”

Do we need another big for depth at the 5 in case of injury? I’d think so
Okpara, Estrella, Cade, Dubar & Milicic are all capable of playing the 5 in varying roles/degree. I think we’re ok…now if you face an Edey then sure, but I’m not sure there are gonna be many of those this year in CBB.

I’ll be the one getting roasted because I seem to be the only one that doesn’t see this guy as an SEC player. The dudes he’d be playing against are light years better, bigger, and faster than guys you see him playing in this reel. Maybe he could grow into that type of player, but I just don’t see the quickness needed.
Yeah he looks as slow as Nicola Jocic or Luca Doncic.

I really really really really hope we’re going after this kid.

Kids handling, shooting, and passing are all elite

Got a little professor in his ball handling game. Hey, someone like that as a one year understudy to ZZ would be a dream come true. Kid seems too talented to come for such a minimal role when he can go somewhere else and play a lot of minutes then jump via the portal any time he wants.

Reactions: TechnoVol
Yeah he looks as slow as Nicola Jocic or Luca Doncic.
I didn’t say “slow”, I simply questioned if he had the quickness needed to play the position in the SEC. There is a difference between “slow” and “quick enough”. Doesn’t make him slow.

He’s very skilled, creates his own shot, good court vision, etc. The quickness thing was the only concern I had, and it’s simply an opinion, which could be very wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Last edited:
Got a little professor in his ball handling game. Hey, someone like that as a one year understudy to ZZ would be a dream come true. Kid seems too talented to come for such a minimal role when he can go somewhere else and play a lot of minutes then jump via the portal any time he wants.

lol at at you pretending to know anything about And1 basketball.

I really really really really hope we’re going after this kid.

Kids handling, shooting, and passing are all elite

Once saw a HS sophomore PG, he was in a dead sprint up the floor executing a fast break ... he throws a half court bounce pass to a teammate cutting to basket because that was the only way to get the ball to his teammate. His teammate caught the ball in stride and Layup!
My #1 skill that I want in a PG is someone who can see teammates and the open lanes and throw pinpoint passes both on the bounce or in the air. I want their tape to show elite passing skills, then show me ball handling skills, then show what he can do off the bounce and finally show his shooting skills. But that is just me.
Watching to see what CRB does!

I didn’t say “slow”, I simply questioned if he had the quickness needed to play the position in the SEC. There is a difference between “slow” and “quick enough”. Doesn’t make him slow.

He’s very skilled, creates his own shot, good court vision, etc. The quickness thing was the only concern I had, and it’s simply an opinion, which could be very wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.
It's a legit concern. I get what you are saying. I just think that he is quick enough and that his skill set is soooo good that he can overcome any quickness shortcomings. If IRC lack of quickness and athleticism was a concern with Reed Sheppard at KY before the season last year.

It's a legit concern. I get what you are saying. I just think that he is quick enough and that his skill set is soooo good that he can overcome any quickness shortcomings. If IRC lack of quickness and athleticism was a concern with Reed Sheppard at KY before the season last year.
It was. More foot speed and quickness than athleticism (broad term, I guess). He's always been able to jump out out of the gym like his dad could.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Okpara, Estrella, Cade, Dubar & Milicic are all capable of playing the 5 in varying roles/degree. I think we’re ok…now if you face an Edey then sure, but I’m not sure there are gonna be many of those this year in CBB.
Agreed. Remember Awaka was our back-up 5 last year and Cade is about the same size (maybe a little taller). I don't feel confident in this new, rebuilt roster yet. But two legit 6'-11" post players (JP and Felix) is about as good as it gets. Add in Igor and Cade, we will be fine down low. Scoring I don't know about, but size and physicality should be fine.

Reactions: gainesvol82

VN Store

Back