2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Christian Reeves entered the portal, from Duke
7’1, 260.

Take. Has multiple years left to play. (Only saying this cause he’s 7’1)

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Also Cade Tyson G Belmont 6'7" 205lbs 2 years has apparently heard from TN (not sure if mentioned or not)

He's an elite shooter, 49.3% FG and 46.5% 3PT, 85.5% FT this season while scoring 16.2 ppg and grabbing 5.9 rpg
Based on the other schools chasing him too must be talented. Battling Duke, UNC, UK will be tough.

Earl Timberlake entered the portal. Another interesting prospect.
14.6/9.0 this season. Shooting 62%

Had 19/12 against Ole Miss
And 13/12 against FAU.

Also had 1.3 blocks and 1.3 steals per game

Not gonna lie, there’s a pretty good amount of talented wings out there

I love Barnes and love his coaching. I think if Aidoo wants to play at the next level he needs to transfer to a high major team that will allow him to work on being a stretch 4...Aidoo can extend the floor he just isn't completely compatible with Barnes offense...Tobe is a an under the basket 5...Estrella developed and played better and stronger under the basket... Aidoo needs offensive development and free reign he won't get both here..

Been saying this regarding Aidoo all season. He'll never be a banger, it just isn't how he's built mentally, but he's got potential as a stretch 4/5. If he became consistent from 12-16 feet, he would be lethal in pick & roll or pick & pop actions. and could help with spacing.

Awaka is 4/5 tweener to me. He should work on developing a few post moves and a turnaround jumper or jump hook. If he could hit those 12-15 footers with any consistency, he would be an ideal PF.

And 13/12 against FAU.

He's been to 3 schools already (including Memphis) and as a guard is a career 17.5% 3PT shooter and a 62.4% FT shooter. Maybe if he had more years left and you could develop him, but he's basically just an elite athlete that has feasted at the lower levels by being a put back machine at the rim. Which isn't a bad thing, but at just 6'6" you have to wonder if he can continue playing that way. I mean Cameron Matthews at Mississippi State is doing the same thing...

He's been to 3 schools already (including Memphis) and as a guard is a career 17.5% 3PT shooter and a 62.4% FT shooter. Maybe if he had more years left and you could develop him, but he's basically just an elite athlete that has feasted at the lower levels by being a put back machine at the rim. Which isn't a bad thing, but at just 6'6" you have to wonder if he can continue playing that way. I mean Cameron Matthews at Mississippi State is doing the same thing...
Can’t wait to see who we end up with. I’d say we should get a pretty clear picture soon

Reactions: CornbreadVol
Been saying this regarding Aidoo all season. He'll never be a banger, it just isn't how he's built mentally, but he's got potential as a stretch 4/5. If he became consistent from 12-16 feet, he would be lethal in pick & roll or pick & pop actions. and could help with spacing.

Awaka is 4/5 tweener to me. He should work on developing a few post moves and a turnaround jumper or jump hook. If he could hit those 12-15 footers with any consistency, he would be an ideal PF.
Awaka look capable of having a pretty solid jumper to me. Improved his FT shooting drastically and hit a fadeaway jumper over Edey.

Reactions: Chunkyvol12
Also Cade Tyson G Belmont 6'7" 205lbs 2 years has apparently heard from TN (not sure if mentioned or not)

He's an elite shooter, 49.3% FG and 46.5% 3PT, 85.5% FT this season while scoring 16.2 ppg and grabbing 5.9 rpg
The problem is all the blue bloods want him too. So I wouldn’t count on it.

Well that’s not true at all. Underwood suspended him actually until the courts forced them to play him
Then that’s the court’s fault. Betting Underwood didn’t mind though. If he had been serious about suspending him, he could have benched him and not played him after the ruling. But like any coach, he knows where his bread is buttered. That wasn’t happening.

We're swimming in those same waters and the players are listening and visiting. I'm confident we'll land the right fit, just hope they can produce.
Tyson is from NC. I’d be surprised if we can beat out UNC and Duke, who both want him. Kentucky has offered too.

And 13/12 against FAU.

And we need 1 or 2 of them.

Jonas was second team all SEC and all defensive SEC team in his first year being the main guy at the 5. It would be ridiculous trying to recruit over him. Not gonna find someone better. Do the last two games of the year leave and sour taste, absolutely. Does that mean need to find a replacement. Hell no
Something to this effect needs to be posted daily until the drive by morons calling for moving on from Aidoo move on themselves. ANYBODY who thinks we are a better team without Aidoo doesn’t have a clue about basketball and Freak should ban them from the basketball forum!

Tyson is from NC. I’d be surprised if we can beat out UNC and Duke, who both want him. Kentucky has offered too.

Duke is a really young team, only 2 seniors in Roach & Young so they might have a tougher time selling PT. Especially with 6 incoming, wonder if they'll even have room for all these guys now that I'm looking at their roster...I mean Cooper Flagg, Isaiah Evans, Kon Knueppel, & Darren Harris are all 5 top 50 rated guys that play wing and are 6'5" to 6'9"

UNC will be in the mix for sure though, they have like 6 seniors or something crazy and only 3 incoming they will be bringing in quite a few portal kids.

Jonas was second team all SEC and all defensive SEC team in his first year being the main guy at the 5. It would be ridiculous trying to recruit over him. Not gonna find someone better. Do the last two games of the year leave and sour taste, absolutely. Does that mean need to find a replacement. Hell no
One of the all SEC teams had him on the first team. I forget which one.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Grant Osobor entered the portal, 6’8 250

17.7 / 9.0rpg / 2.8 apg. Gonna be a popular portal entry.

Had 14/6 against Purdue, could’ve used that lol

Christian Reeves entered the portal, from Duke
7’1, 260.

Take. Has multiple years left to play. (Only saying this cause he’s 7’1)
He could bring the tripping element of the game here, which we’ve been missing. He’s battled some ankle stuff so I don’t think he’s gotten much of a chance to really show what he can do. I’d assume he goes mid major or lower and then maybe looks to move up again, like Burns did . IDK, just a presumption on my part.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLED

VN Store

Back