2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Watching the NIT...anyone know if Avilia has any eligibility left?

We could use a big body in the middle that knows how to run an offense.

Bill Self loading up. Mayo and Riley Keugel in 48 hours.

There was a host of programs last year that posters were envious and talking about how loaded they were because of the transfer additions they had, most all of them were very disappointing….Arkansas & Memphis immediately come to mind as 2. My point being that it really feels like taking just 1-2 additions and plugging them into a program foundation seems to work better than the teams taking 4-5+ guys. I get it’s the offseason and our fans want every portal player available, but just something that I thought has been worth taking from recent seasons.

There was a host of programs last year that posters were envious and talking about how loaded they were because of the transfer additions they had, most all of them were very disappointing….Arkansas & Memphis immediately come to mind as 2. My point being that it really feels like taking just 1-2 additions and plugging them into a program foundation seems to work better than the teams taking 4-5+ guys. I get it’s the offseason and our fans want every portal player available, but just something that I thought has been worth taking from recent seasons.

I never said I wanted Zeke Mayo. Just posting information about the transfer portal in the transfer portal thread. I agree that I don’t want Tennessee taking 5 transfers.

Updated list: (bolded is contact with prospect, not bolded is prospects with a connection to program/staff but no verified contact yet)

-Javian McCollum Oklahoma State 6’1” 170lbs 1 year
-Malik Mack PG Harvard 6’1” 170lbs 3 years
-Chaz Lanier SG North Florida 6’4” 175lbs 1 year

-Jayden Stone G Detroit Mercy 6’4” 180lbs 1 year
-Marcus Tankersley G Detroit Mercy 6’4” 193lbs 2 years
-Terrence Edwards G James Madison 6’6” 190lbs 1 year
-BJ Freeman G UW-Milwaukee 6’6” 200lbs 1 year
-Darlinstone Dubar G Hofstra 6’6” 207lbs 1 year
-Saint Thomas F Northern Colorado 6’7” 200lbs 1 year
-Frankie Fidler F Omaha 6’7” 200lbs 1 year
-Tucker Anderson F Central Ark 6’9” 190lbs 3 years
-Eric Dailey Jr. F Oklahoma State 6’8” 230lbs 3 years
-Malik Dia F Belmont 6’9” 240lbs 2 years

-Rueben Chinyelu Washington State 6’11” 245lbs 3 years

MCCOLLUM DADDY

TIME TO REPEAT LAST OFF SEASON

Reactions: CornbreadVol
Yep. Feels unfair to teams still competing to have the portal open now. Alabama did pick up a commitment though today as well.

Portal shouldn’t open till at least after the 2nd weekend if not until the entire tournament is over.

Boo hiss. What a fool.

Or Illinois. They didn’t mind the allegations against Shannon. Just went on down the road as if nothing happened.!
Well that’s not true at all. Underwood suspended him actually until the courts forced them to play him

After watching video on Chaz Lanier I’m sold. Guy can drive and finish strong above the rim. He shot 44% from 3 and goodness he’s got a quick release. If he has ANY space he will hit it. He also has a freaking handle breaking ankles and hitting 3s after step backs. He’s the ideal replacement for Knecht IMO. He’s from Nashville if we want him we gotta recruit him hard. I hope he’s one of our top guys.

After watching video on Chaz Lanier I’m sold. Guy can drive and finish strong above the rim. He shot 44% from 3 and goodness he’s got a quick release. If he has ANY space he will hit it. He also has a freaking handle breaking ankles and hitting 3s after step backs. He’s the ideal replacement for Knecht IMO. He’s from Nashville if we want him we gotta recruit him hard. I hope he’s one of our top guys.
I think he’s a Vol.

I personally would love to see us pursue Bronny. I think he (as a basketball player) is actually a great fit. He’s got great character, high basketball IQ, doesn’t mind being coached hard… can play really good defense, very athletic and developing his jump shot.

being that he and more importantly Lebron are students of the game and history. They likely have a lot of respect for Coach Barnes. Plus the ties to KD would help.

Coach Barnes could really improve Bronnys game as he is good at developing guards. Could you imagine him next to ZZ, and then Shack at 3. Defense would be elite.

Now having said all that I don’t expect us to pursue, because CRB likely doesn’t want the media circus it would attract. But idk maybe getting away from LA and spotlight helps him develop his game.

I expect he will end up at OSU, or one of the blue bloods.

Reactions: berryvol
I personally would love to see us pursue Bronny. I think he (as a basketball player) is actually a great fit. He’s got great character, high basketball IQ, doesn’t mind being coached hard… can play really good defense, very athletic and developing his jump shot.

being that he and more importantly Lebron are students of the game and history. They likely have a lot of respect for Coach Barnes. Plus the ties to KD would help.

Coach Barnes could really improve Bronnys game as he is good at developing guards. Could you imagine him next to ZZ, and then Shack at 3. Defense would be elite.

Now having said all that I don’t expect us to pursue, because CRB likely doesn’t want the media circus it would attract. But idk maybe getting away from LA and spotlight helps him develop his game.

I expect he will end up at OSU, or one of the blue bloods.
Saw somewhere he’s likely opting to go pro as a free agent, and trying to get a 2 way contract. Said he would likely prefer not to go to another college team. With that being said I wouldn’t mind him at Tennessee. He’s a solid defender, he’s a plus athlete, and he’s got a good base of skills to work with.

VN Store

Back