2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I’ll be sure to stop sharing, funny considering the multiple times a day I’m asked for updates. This is why AP gets aggravated on VQ, when you tell people what they wanna hear it’s all great, when it’s not then you’re the bad guy.
You don't have to stop, you're taking it too personally. AP does VQ for a living so im sure he takes it much more personally and his sources are probably very accurate because hes close to the program. Sometimes I don't post in here because you have insulted me before and I don't want to be humiliated haha. Just word things differently. Like we all appreciate your info that you have, but I think the thing that gets people up in arms is when you act like something is a done deal and then you start making fun of people who might think differently and now we are seeing this Lanier thing take an odd turn

I personally dont believe anyone here is an "insider".

You throw enough **** at the wall eventually some will stick.
"Insiders" away from here has said Lanier has been the Vols to lose for a while... Insiders away from here has also been wrong a ton.... Also I know that real Insiders have been entrusted with information that often times they are not allowed to reveal to the public, they have been entrusted with information and they don't care about getting the glory from knowing information....

Outspoken Insiders who share stuff off of personal gratification and somehow getting a rise up out of receiving glory and praise for sharing information that was shared with them is weird. So who tf cares about "insider" status in the first place

Plenty of insiders stay silent while observing everyone else's thoughts. I'm speaking on behalf of insiders I know personally who are present and watching yet silent

Last edited:
This is a quote of mine?

I said multiple times that NIL could be a gamechanger, if those posts were ignored that’s not my fault. Okpara went smoothly, this one has taken longer, welcome to the NIL era of portal recruiting. I don’t recall ever saying Lanier was a guaranteed lock or a done deal, as I’ve now said multiple times I recall making sure to state NIL could throw a wrench into things.

Feel like I remember you saying that, yes. I’d have to go back to look. Either way, there is no hard feelings. You don’t need to stop posting. We’re all just here to have a discussion.

EDIT: I went back to look just to make sure I was being fair, and you didn’t say “if you know what I know” you said “You would have to be an insider to understand.” So, not the same thing, my sincere apologies, but I think similar intent.

Last edited:
I’ll be sure to stop sharing, funny considering the multiple times a day I’m asked for updates. This is why AP gets aggravated on VQ, when you tell people what they wanna hear it’s all great, when it’s not then you’re the bad guy.

Most people appreciate your info. Ignore the ones that whine about everything.

So very true. I'm gonna bring you over to the dark side yet.
So very untrue. VolNation.com is a very balanced forum when it comes to optimism/pessimism.

Right now I think the positive outweighs the negative, but I think that’s to be expected when you’re top 10 in almost every sport.

Reactions: LaagerVol
You don't have to stop, you're taking it too personally. AP does VQ for a living so im sure he takes it much more personally and his sources are probably very accurate because hes close to the program. Sometimes I don't post in here because you have insulted me before and I don't want to be humiliated haha. Just word things differently. Like we all appreciate your info that you have, but I think the thing that gets people up in arms is when you act like something is a done deal and then you start making fun of people who might think differently and now we are seeing this Lanier thing take an odd turn
As I’ve said multiple times, I never said it was a done deal and even stated NIL could change things, I’ve people decided to ignore those posts of mine not sure how it’s my fault

Feel like I remember you saying that, yes. I’d have to go back to look. Either way, there is no hard feelings. You don’t need to stop posting. We’re all just here to have a discussion.

EDIT: I went back to look just to make sure I was being fair, and you didn’t say “if you know what I know” you said “You would have to be an insider to understand.” So, not the same thing, my sincere apologies, but I think similar intent.
Lmao, that was also a completely sarcastic post to a poster because right before they or someone else had made a comment about not being an insider. It was tongue in cheek, but thanks for clarifying and apology accepted.

I don’t think I’ve ever been “attacked” by BTO in this forum but I can see the reasoning on why he gets annoyed sometimes, especially when things can change during a kid’s recruitment.

Obviously him and SF still feel very good about Lanier ending up in Knoxville. I’ll stick with them until they give us a reason not too.

Reactions: Nighthawkvol10
I don’t think I’ve ever been “attacked” by BTO in this forum but I can see the reasoning on why he gets annoyed sometimes, especially when things can change during a kid’s recruitment.

Obviously him and SF still feel very good about Lanier ending up in Knoxville. I’ll stick with them until they give us a reason not too.

Well, a few weeks ago I was minding my business driving home from work and bTo came out of nowhere and ran me off the road. Damn near killed me. I always wondered about people saying he attacked them, but now I know better. Hope the same doesn’t happen to you when you are unsuspecting.

I tend to take a different view. No idea who is or isn't an "insider", but I do believe there are more than a few who want folks to believe they are. Learned a long time ago that talk is cheap. Actions/results are what counts. In other words, seeing is believing. All this other talk is just noise. I take all these "insiders" with a grain of salt and a dram or three. I'll buy in on Lanier when he's signed, sealed and delivered. Regardless of the outcome, I think it was a monumental blunder to put all our eggs into one basket.
Tbf, if you think the purported insiders are really just blowing smoke, you have no reason to think all our eggs are in the Lanier basket

I tend to take a different view. No idea who is or isn't an "insider", but I do believe there are more than a few who want folks to believe they are. Learned a long time ago that talk is cheap. Actions/results are what counts. In other words, seeing is believing. All this other talk is just noise. I take all these "insiders" with a grain of salt and a dram or three. I'll buy in on Lanier when he's signed, sealed and delivered. Regardless of the outcome, I think it was a monumental blunder to put all our eggs into one basket.
Believe whatever you like concerning the validity of information posted on this forum, but you have no clue if Barnes put all his eggs in one basket.

Tbf, if you think the purported insiders are really just blowing smoke, you have no reason to think all our eggs are in the Lanier basket
So where are the reports of another 2 guard that we're in on? Every outlet I've read has indicated that it's Lanier or bust. If I'm wrong...usually am...I look forward to the other names we're presently in on.

Reactions: RyanWalkerPGH
So where are the reports of another 2 guard that we're in on? Every outlet I've read has indicated that it's Lanier or bust. If I'm wrong...usually am...I look forward to the other names we're presently in on.

To be fair, at this point in the portal if we do miss on him we could probably scramble and get an equally good player that’s left on the board.

Most teams this late have their rosters full (other than Arkansas) but most kids won’t go there to sit behind Davis.

I do think we could pivot pretty quickly to someone else if need be. It bothers me that we don’t have any other guys lined up, but I’m starting to not worry if that makes sense

To be fair, at this point in the portal if we do miss on him we could probably scramble and get an equally good player that’s left on the board.

Most teams this late have their rosters full (other than Arkansas) but most kids won’t go there to sit behind Davis.

I do think we could pivot pretty quickly to someone else if need be. It bothers me that we don’t have any other guys lined up, but I’m starting to not worry if that makes sense
I'm not worried. I'd rather roll with the roster we have than overpay and create problems in the locker room. Having said that, I'm still wondering where we go if Lanier ends up at UK? I've seen zero names being tossed about. Is it realistic to think we can be so all in on Lanier and if he turns blue, we can pivot on a dime and grab someone else even remotely as talented and good of a fit? Color me skeptical.

I'm not worried. I'd rather roll with the roster we have than overpay and create problems in the locker room. Having said that, I'm still wondering where we go if Lanier ends up at UK? I've seen zero names being tossed about. Is it realistic to think we can be so all in on Lanier and if he turns blue, we can pivot on a dime and grab someone else even remotely as talented and good of a fit? Color me skeptical.
Most of the top teams are full.

I’d bet my last few dollars that Christie and Wooga (if they return to college) will go to top 25 teams.

If we miss on Chaz, capitalize on it.

Reactions: LtDansLegs
Just watched some film of Christie and he looks pretty darn good. Good frame and would benefit greatly from some time in the strength program. I'd rather take someone like him rather than blow up the locker room by overpaying for Lanier. I'm going to trust the staff to make the right decision in that regard.

VN Store

Back