2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Back to Lanier.
"Don't put all your eggs into one basket" is the quote that comes to mind.
Barnes & Staff has definitely done just that with Lanier and by doing so they must know something we are not aware of.
Is the G League camp for an assessment to determine the draft ranking for this year and to identify what he must do to improve his status for next year's draft?
What is the timeline on all this?
Could Lanier already be signed with contingencies in NIL and Scholarship Offer?
Real question is why isn't Tennessee recruiting someone else in case Lanier does not sign with Tennessee? I am under the impression they are not, is that true?

Last edited:
Back to Lanier.
"Don't put all your eggs into one basket" is the quote that comes to mind.
Barnes & Staff has definitely done just that with Lanier and by doing so they must know something we are not aware of.
Is the G League camp for an assessment to determine the draft ranking for this year and to identify what he must do to improve his status for next year's draft?
What is the timeline on all this?
Could Lanier already be signed with contingencies in NIL and Scholarship Offer?
Real question is why isn't Tennessee recruiting someone else in case Lanier does not sign with Tennessee? I am under the impression they are not, is that true?
Wake me up when you solve the case.

Basilio’s been talking about us and Lanier since January. Has VN been doin the same? I’ll hang up and listen.

-Tony
It was first said December. But only during commercial breaks and it's not anywhere on his blog or in any podcast descriptions. No one who listens mentioned it here either. Even when in Mid-March BTO said be on the look out for him, the general reaction was surprise because he wasn't in the portal. Not a single person here mentioned anything about Basilio saying anything about him before then. If you can link one of his podcasts from any point prior to March where he talks about Lanier coming here, I'd love to hear it.

It was first said December. But only during commercial breaks and it's not anywhere on his blog or in any podcast descriptions. No one who listens mentioned it here either. Even when in Mid-March BTO said be on the look out for him, the general reaction was surprise because he wasn't in the portal. Not a single person here mentioned anything about Basilio saying anything about him before then. If you can link one of his podcasts from any point prior to March where he talks about Lanier coming here, I'd love to hear it.
I'd rather give him credit for discovering gravity than listen through a show of his.

As I read this article, I realized that Chaz Lanier needs to read what he is quoted as saying near the end of the article. He so fits the culture that CRB and his staff has created at Tennessee. It's a match made in Heaven. I don't know where Chaz will end up going, but the match at Tennessee for him is a slam dunk!

This was a good read. I hope Chaz goes back and reads it before he makes up his mind.

As I read this article, I realized that Chaz Lanier needs to read what he is quoted as saying near the end of the article. He so fits the culture that CRB and his staff has created at Tennessee. It's a match made in Heaven. I don't know where Chaz will end up going, but the match at Tennessee for him is a slam dunk!

This was a good read. I hope Chaz goes back and reads it before he makes up his mind.

This is an interesting nugget:

"The journey for Lanier, who is being recruited hard by Tennessee and Kentucky, continues this weekend at the G League Elite Camp in Chicago. Select standouts from the camp could earn invites to next week’s NBA Draft Combine."

This is an interesting nugget:

"The journey for Lanier, who is being recruited hard by Tennessee and Kentucky, continues this weekend at the G League Elite Camp in Chicago. Select standouts from the camp could earn invites to next week’s NBA Draft Combine."
So we could see him take his visit to UT sometime next week if he doesn't get tabbed for the combine? Don't recall seeing him having made a trip to Knoxville. Kinda torn. Want to see him ball out, but then again, not so much.

They all on the website if you wanna go back and listen. Have at it champ, I think you’re on to something!

ya know I have been talking about how we need to make Wooga more Poplar....but there is a higher-ranked and almost equally Epic name out there in a position of greater need IMO Great Osobor. Wouldn't that be an AWESOME signing? It would be FABULOUS to have probably the BEST depth in the post we have had in 20 years? He is only 6'8 but at 20 he is a load and has an UBER accent. How can someone with such a positive name not be a no-brainer addition?

ya know I have been talking about how we need to make Wooga more Poplar....but there is a higher-ranked and almost equally Epic name out there in a position of greater need IMO Great Osobor. Wouldn't that be an AWESOME signing? It would be FABULOUS to have probably the BEST depth in the post we have had in 20 years? He is only 6'8 but at 20 he is a load and has an UBER accent. How can someone with such a positive name not be a no-brainer addition?

Sounds great to me!

VN Store

Back