2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I'm assuming you're referring to Hammond and that we're still pursuing Anderson and he's our top priority?
No, I’m saying I think the staff wanted to see who left and joined the roster before making that move with Hammond. I think Hammond is their priority at PG as I mentioned earlier.

Reactions: Volfan1000
No, I’m saying I think the staff wanted to see who left and joined the roster before making that move with Hammond. I think Hammond is their priority at PG as I mentioned earlier.
Thanks for the clarification. Surprised that they prefer Hammond over Anderson. Wonder what they see in his game that puts Hammond higher on the priority list? Or is it that they feel they can get Hammond whereas Anderson would be a tougher sell due to the lack of playing time behind ZZ?

Thanks for the clarification. Surprised that they prefer Hammond over Anderson. Wonder what they see in his game that puts Hammond higher on the priority list? Or is it that they feel they can get Hammond whereas Anderson would be a tougher sell due to the lack of playing time behind ZZ?
Not sure to be honest

He averaged 14.7 points a game...his first season there was when he was averaging 19 points a game. The worry is that he's been on the shelf since March of 2023 and he left Samford for Kansas State before even getting healthy, then reinjured himself at Kansas State during an exhibition game.

But as a 13th man for mostly practice purposes with experience at the point wouldn't be the end of the world to bring him home. Preference would be on a younger talent that can be developing behind ZZ for his last year.
Yeah, I'm thinking emergency depth or a guy that can give us 5 to 10 minutes off the bench. Clearly the best option would be to break in a good young point guard that could take over after ZZ leaves.

VN Store

Back