2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Honestly, I'm most worried about losing Carr. That is the one young guy on this current team that I think has the highest upside. He'll flourish while developing under Rick Barnes.

I don't think Mashack will ever leave. Tennessee doesn't even have to be the highest bidder. He's not going to interrupt his development for money
Carr has the potential to be a dynamic player and has three years of eligibility left. That would be a big loss. I don't think Mashack is going anywhere either.

Do we? We’d have 5 scholarships allotted to bigs.
It comes down to deciding if your gonna get a player out of the portal for instant production or are you gonna develop some players. Be prepared to take a step back nexr year if you choose development. I'm not saying either is the right or wrong choice.

It comes down to deciding if your gonna get a player out of the portal for instant production or are you gonna develop some players. Be prepared to take a step back nexr year if you choose development. I'm not saying either is the right or wrong choice.

The NIL collectives are going to have to come up with multi year deals or else long term player development won’t work very well. Instead schools will be preparing lots of players that will transfer out after the nutrition and strength programs make them better.

Honestly, I'm most worried about losing Carr. That is the one young guy on this current team that I think has the highest upside. He'll flourish while developing under Rick Barnes.

I don't think Mashack will ever leave. Tennessee doesn't even have to be the highest bidder. He's not going to interrupt his development for money
I'd be floored if Carr left. Dillione and Jefferson tho....

I guess it depends on how developed this staff thinks they are. Awaka will take another step. He could be a force. Hopefully, Aidoo does too. Estrella and Phillips won’t be freshmen anymore. We see how much better Awaka got between freshman and sophomore years. They could make the same improvement.

Development isn’t a bad thing if it happens prior to next season and we’re not waiting 2 years for it.

I just don’t think making the Sweet 16 without your PG is even close to wilting. Besides we are discussing players to enhance our team. We don’t need wings, we need bigs that can score

I said multiple. ZZ missed last season tourney….what happened the year before? Exactly.

Alexander would 100% enhance this team. BUT I’m not going to argue over someone that isn’t going to the ports anyways.

I said multiple. ZZ missed last season tourney….what happened the year before? Exactly.

Alexander would 100% enhance this team. BUT I’m not going to argue over someone that isn’t going to the ports anyways.
The season before isn’t last year. It can both be true that UT wilted in the 2022 tourney and didn’t in 2023. No idea how Tennessee beat Duke and made the S16 without ZZ.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
The season before isn’t last year. It can both be true that UT wilted in the 2022 tourney and didn’t in 2023. No idea how Tennessee beat Duke and made the S16 without ZZ.
You know what I mean haha

It's just funny how multiple posters have said "nah" to the kid, but I've seen some want the Detroit Mercy kids, that's all I'm saying. Again, he more than likely ain't leaving anyways, was just a fun thought.

The word you want is "regressed," not degressed, which isn't a word. Gainey has shot badly all year. JJJ and Vescovi simply haven't shot that much at all. There have been many games this year in which the two of them together have not taken 10 shots.
lol, yes, typo should have edited.

Lanier mentioned as a guy to watch for soon by Basilio in the Elite 8 post game show.

Also a lot of discussion about Aidoo. Kansas and North Carolina were interested but how much will we pay to keep him if they still do?
Did he already transfer to Kansas or UNC? Haven’t seen him in a while.

Have there been any rumors on who might leave? I mean I hope no one transfers but that’s just wishful thinking nowadays.

I guess it depends on how developed this staff thinks they are. Awaka will take another step. He could be a force. Hopefully, Aidoo does too. Estrella and Phillips won’t be freshmen anymore. We see how much better Awaka got between freshman and sophomore years. They could make the same improvement.

Development isn’t a bad thing if it happens prior to next season and we’re not waiting 2 years for it.
It is a shame that Awake is only 6-7/6-8. Another 4 inches taller and we would be in great shape.

Lanier mentioned as a guy to watch for soon by Basilio in the Elite 8 post game show.

Also a lot of discussion about Aidoo. Kansas and North Carolina were interested but how much will we pay to keep him if they still do?

View attachment 631208
I had high hopes for Aidoo this year and he played very well in a few games. However, he disappears when he is matched up with strong, tall, and good offensive/ defensive players. I doubt he will be able rot gain. another 20 pounds of muscle and learn how to dunk a basketball.

Reactions: Jack Burton
I had high hopes for Aidoo this year and he played very well in a few games. However, he disappears when he is matched up with strong, tall, and good offensive/ defensive players. I doubt he will be able rot gain. another 20 pounds of muscle and learn how to dunk a basketball.

Aidoo can gain a little more muscle imo. Muscle isn’t going to fix his tentativeness, though, which is his biggest problem. He’s going to have to retool his mindset. No one but him can do that.

Is this young man a possibility?

Cade Tyson- he is 6'7 F from Belmont. Second Team All-Conference this season after averaging 16.2 points, 5.9 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and just under one steal per game and establishing himself as one of the best shooters in the country with 46% shooting from three and 86% from the free-throw line.

Reactions: Dougie_D

View attachment 631208
Good ol' Basilio breaking news! Pretty sure BTO has been posting about this one on this board for some time now along with several others. Maybe he should try reading up on this board more regularly for his "inside" info. Dude is such a schmuck.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Wonder if we will offer Devin Carter (Providence)

Dude abused UCONN, Creighton, etc. all year.

19.7ppg, 8.7rpg, 3.6apg
Also averages 1.0 block and 1.8spg

VN Store

Back