2024 Transfer Portal Thread

KSR reports that Aaron Bradshaw will likely hit the portal since he played his way off draft boards this season. Was the #5 overall player in the country out of high school. Not sure he'd be willing to come here and back up Aidoo since he's playing for the NBA asap.
The dude that kissed Awaka? No thanks!

Reactions: VOLED
He prob won’t hit the portal, but with Creigton losing everyone, if I’m Barnes I’d be telling Trey Alexander we have a spot for him next year lol

ZZ
Alexander
Shack
Transfer
Aidoo

Sounds kinda nice lol

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Mashack and Dillione are fine players especially Mashack but they are not at a level that you lose sleep at night worrying about them transferring. This is the transfer portal era of college sports and the market will be flooded with their skill sets.
Mashack may be the most versatile defender in the NCAA. Other coaches absolutely lust after a player who can wear down another offense like that. Losing him would be a big deal. Freddie has a big upside. NBA potential isn’t out of the question. He still isn’t dribbling with the speed and control that matches his athleticism, but he has a very interesting upside.

He prob won’t hit the portal, but with Creigton losing everyone, if I’m Barnes I’d be telling Trey Alexander we have a spot for him next year lol

ZZ
Alexander
Shack
Transfer
Aidoo

Sounds kinda nice lol
He wilted under the heat/pressure of Vols defense. Let’s go get a big ! Like Givony or the Yale center please.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
Mashack may be the most versatile defender in the NCAA. Other coaches absolutely lust after a player who can wear down another offense like that. Losing him would be a big deal. Freddie has a big upside. NBA potential isn’t out of the question. He still isn’t dribbling with the speed and control that matches his athleticism, but he has a very interesting upside.

Honestly, I'm most worried about losing Carr. That is the one young guy on this current team that I think has the highest upside. He'll flourish while developing under Rick Barnes.

I don't think Mashack will ever leave. Tennessee doesn't even have to be the highest bidder. He's not going to interrupt his development for money

He wilted under the heat/pressure of Vols defense. Let’s go get a big ! Like Givony or the Yale center please.
To be fair we wilted under pressure the last couple of tourneys…..but I get what you’re saying.

He’d be the top ranked portal player though.

I do agree we need a big

I just haven't seen anything with Freddie D that makes me think he is a potential NBA player to date. I don't see the athleticism either. To me, he looks slow and heavy-footed. Maybe he is still thinking too much, and his true athleticism isn't showing up when he is on the court. Assuming he stays, I hope I'm wrong but to this point, he seems over-hyped as a prospect.

Reactions: AppStVol and Ratvol
I just haven't seen anything with Freddie D that makes me think he is a potential NBA player to date. I don't see the athleticism either. To me, he looks slow and heavy-footed. Maybe he is still thinking too much, and his true athleticism isn't showing up when he is on the court. Assuming he stays, I hope I'm wrong but to this point, he seems over-hyped as a prospect.
I’ve been watching since his WOG playing days, and agree with the scouts who think he has a high ceiling. He was a U19 finalist and scoring about 24 points a game. Preseason, this year he was splitting time at PG before getting a soft tissue injury. Barnes is a big believer. What you’ve “seen” isn’t much. He’s barely played. He is a lazy dribbler and gets lost on switches, but he’s very athletic, and his potential remains exciting.

ZZ
Alexander
Shack
Transfer
Aidoo

Sounds kinda nice lol
Wishful thinking for sure lol. He almost left last year for the draft, likely to go ahead and do that this year. We definitely kept him in check, which was a huge key to the win. I don't see him pulling a Nembhard or Kaluma and straight up leaving that team, unless it's for the NBA.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Wishful thinking for sure lol. He almost left last year for the draft, likely to go ahead and do that this year. We definitely kept him in check, which was a huge key to the win. I don't see him pulling a Nembhard or Kaluma and straight up leaving that team, unless it's for the NBA.

I don’t either but I can dream lmaooo

But we only have one athletic true big. Another shot blocker would be nice.
You think Coach has given up on our two Fr bigs? Obviously they have to play like Sophmores, but both seem to have good instincts and handles. Gotta believe Carr and Dileone (sp) were being foreshadowed for JJJ and Santi minutes the other day. Joining Sr Mayshak.

I’ve been watching since his WOG playing days, and agree with the scouts who think he has a high ceiling. He was a U19 finalist and scoring about 24 points a game. Preseason, this year he was splitting time at PG before getting a soft tissue injury. Barnes is a big believer. What you’ve “seen” isn’t much. He’s barely played. He is a lazy dribbler and gets lost on switches, but he’s very athletic, and his potential remains exciting.

Hope he stays and lives up to his rankings because there will be an opportunity next year and we have to replace quite a bit of scoring. How confident are you that he will return next season and not hit the portal?

You think Coach has given up on our two Fr bigs? Obviously they have to play like Sophmores, but both seem to have good instincts and handles. Gotta believe Carr and Dileone (sp) were being foreshadowed for JJJ and Santi minutes the other day. Joining Sr Mayshak.
I do not think he has given up on the two freshmen bigs. Both have talent and would have played more if our two 6 year players had decided to move on instead of coming back.

You stand by this today?
At the moment Mashack is a very good role player but he has the potential to be more. Again, I'm not saying you want him to transfer but losing him would not be like losing a ZZ or Aidoo. You wouldn't find a better defender in the portal for sure but a good defender that averages 12 or 13 points a game would be an overall wash. The real question is can he take the next step on offense. Then he's more than just a good role player at that point.

KSR reports that Aaron Bradshaw will likely hit the portal since he played his way off draft boards this season. Was the #5 overall player in the country out of high school. Not sure he'd be willing to come here and back up Aidoo since he's playing for the NBA asap.
Just don’t see what he adds to us tbh

He looks like a big bust at this point.

At the moment Mashack is a very good role player but he has the potential to be more. Again, I'm not saying you want him to transfer but losing him would not be like losing a ZZ or Aidoo. You wouldn't find a better defender in the portal for sure but a good defender that averages 12 or 13 points a game would be an overall wash. The real question is can he take the next step on offense. Then he's more than just a good role player at that point.
Mashack is more than a role player imo, and has improved offensively and will continue to do so. He’s also a sound and mature leader, which we will need next year.

To be fair we wilted under pressure the last couple of tourneys…..but I get what you’re saying.

He’d be the top ranked portal player though.

I do agree we need a big
I just don’t think making the Sweet 16 without your PG is even close to wilting. Besides we are discussing players to enhance our team. We don’t need wings, we need bigs that can score

VN Store

Back