2024 Team Expectations

We just beat divisional Champ Iowa ranked 17th ....with us having a bunch of opt outs
35-0.

Georgia will be the only team clearly better than us.
Florida will never go 0-12 because they play us. They will suck again, but they will still beat us.
10-2 to 12-0.

Regardless weŕe going to the Playoffs next season

Iowa is not a good measuring stick IMO.

There was nothing in the bowl game appearance that made me think we can beat Georgia and Bama who will have very good QB's coming back. Could the team improve enough, and Georgia and Bama digress enough for a Tennessee win? Absolutely. But I saw nothing that said we are ready to keep pace with those two for 60 minutes.

Both us and OU have new QB's - how well each progress during the early games will tell the tale.

Tennessee also ends up struggling and losing to a team on the road - so NC State and Arkansas are two good enough teams that could derail the team.

Thus my 8-4. Could easily be 10-2 if we beat teams, we line up well against on paper. But it is a long year with injuries and such that end up impacting outcomes.

Nico has yet to prove he will be as effective as Hooker in this offense. Hooker was really good in this offense - I think some underestimate just how good Hooker really was and how good the WR's he had were at getting open. If Nico becomes as effective, then we may be able to outscore Georgia and Bama - but he has to be as good or better than Hooker. Just don't see that at this point.

We aren't going to take the next step until the DB's and OL improve. Hopefully that happens next year, but not sure. If so 10-2 is possible, if not then likely 8-4 or 9-3.

VN Store

Back