2024 Recruiting Thread

Gakdeng will just be a sophomore and this addition really gives NC a strong inside game for the future. We really needed to add a post player out of the portal or in 2024 so still waiting to see if that will happen.
Don't forget we are still in on De Silva too and have been recruiting her while recruiting Thomas.

Well i'm thankful we didn't miss all our shots Wells, Spear, Ace. If you are talking HS i'm glad we landed Boyd early and we got in on some great talent early in Brooks and Chastain. I know they seem like old news but they r really good.

Also, i clearly know we need more talent in the pipelines and im thankful for all the offers we still have out there.
I am talking HS and I'm talking top 10-20ish recruits. Can't buy one there. I am very thankful for our portal success and hope to the skies it continues bc we're sure going to need it. I haven't forgotten Wells and Spear at all and btw, they'll be here this coming weekend.

2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (12)
2. Mikayla Blakes (25)
3. Alexandra Blue (33)
4. Kaniya Boyd (29) To Tennessee!
5. Jaloni Cambridge (1)
6. Justice Carlton (4) Didn't make top 5
7. Morgan Cheli (17) To UCONN
8. Kendall Dudley (15) to UCLA
9. Joyce Edwards (2)
10. Jordan Lee (11)
11. Tahj Monet-Bloom (44)
12. Olivia Olsen (9) To Michigan
13. MeArah O'Neal
14. Taliyah Parker (31)
15. Bryanna Preston (35)
16. Arianna Roberson (28)
17. Blanca Thomas (10) To NC
18. Ava Grace Watson (48)

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am talking HS and I'm talking top 10-20ish recruits. Can't buy one there. I am very thankful for our portal success and hope to the skies it continues bc we're sure going to need it. I haven't forgotten Wells and Spear at all and btw, they'll be here this coming weekend.

Also don't forget Boyd is top 20ish recruit (29)

Have any of the other recruits in this class flirted with the program quite like Thomas had? It‘s reminiscent of Shade and Olsen.

Reactions: glv98
KJH needs a good class. She can't continue to fail in HS recruiting.

I think we are going to have to start thinking about HS recruiting and Portal recruiting as the same thing. So far she is doing a decent job recruiting if you consider both sources. She has done a very good job coaching our offense but last year our defense really dropped off.

I think we shouldn't panic yet either. There are only a handful of players in 24 who have committed thus far. This 24 class is very perplexing to say the least.
No panic. Also not denying the existence of a troubling trend in h.s. recruiting. Lots of distance btw those two extremes and we're in the middle.

I think we are going to have to start thinking about HS recruiting and Portal recruiting as the same thing. So far she is doing a decent job recruiting if you consider both sources. She has done a very good job coaching our offense but last year our defense really dropped off.
We're still in the portal transition phase where recruiting is being redefined. Makes sense to think we need a good balance of hs and portal players but maybe we actually don't. It still seems scary to live by portal alone though. Hopefully we're learning every recruiting cycle.

Maybe having success in the portal actually hurts h.s. recruiting? They worry they'll be recruited over? It would be interesting to see some recent recruiting analytics.

Last edited:
It seems like people are assuming portal recruiting will be similar even once the COVID-19 extra year will be ending after next season. The extra year gave all kinds of flexibility to the players, as they could leave after their junior year and still have two years to really establish themselves on a new team. This coupled with the rule of only one transfer allowed without penalty should cut down the number of portal players considerably, especially the good ones. In this case, we can't keep filling our empty well of high school recruits with portal players. Hopefully, this year will still be a good one for us recruiting wise.

You are entitled to your own version of ish. But for me, 29th is 30ish.

Which is totally fine. And ranking doesn't matter to me. She was the best player on the best team in her state and was the Max Prep player of the year for NV as a sophomore.

Also this is not me arguing just my take.

Congrats to Thomas on her committment and wish her the best on her play and development at UNC just not against us.

Also, Happy Memorial Day to everyone out there and thank you to all those who have paid ultimate price serving our country (and those still continuing to serve) !

Last edited:
No panic. Also not denying the existence of a troubling trend in h.s. recruiting. Lots of distance btw those two extremes and we're in the middle.

We're still in the portal transition phase where recruiting is being redefined. Makes sense to think we need a good balance of hs and portal players but maybe we actually don't. It still seems scary to live by portal alone though. Hopefully we're learning every recruiting cycle.

Maybe having success in the portal actually hurts h.s. recruiting? They worry they'll be recruited over? It would be interesting to see some recent recruiting analytics.
They have nothing to do with each other, Lsu brings in top transfers and still have the number one recruiting class. If players want to come they will come and that’s it.

VN Store

Back