2024 Recruiting Thread

Is Vol Log a credible source? On Twitter, looks like whoever is behind that account says to get over getting Blanca, she’s not coming. I know this account is behind the podcast.

Vol Log goes off whatever Maria says. On the flip side, no UNC coach has been liking Blanca’s tweets. I’ve got zero idea on this one. Could go either way.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yea, I’ve “heard” it’s not us from multiple people now. Won’t really know until it’s announced but I definitely tempered my excitement. 🥲
tumblr_oghsl3mSfw1uzae1ko1_500.gif

Learned a good lesson yet again. Not to put anything on someone who seems to have some inside information but doesn't. I just wish so hard that this year in recruiting will be different that it would be really exciting to get a second good signee soon.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Learned a good lesson yet again. Not to put anything on someone who seems to have some inside information but doesn't. I just wish so hard that this year in recruiting will be different that it would be really exciting to get a second good signee soon.

I think another good lesson is that recruiting is very fluid. if someone visits as much as she did it's a very good sign for a team. But nothing is final until a player puts that name on a dotted line. Even then doesn't mean they'll stay as we've seen lol...

As for another good signee soon i think that's all of our wish. But the 24 class has shown to be very different in hurrying to commit than the 23. Also don't forget recruits are about to have unlimited officials so 🔜 might not happen like we want.

The rules change allowing unlimited officials will probably be a major time and recruiting budget suck for Tennessee. Over the years there have been kids rumored to have made visits to Tennessee knowing full well they weren't going there and no matter what had already decided for somewhere else, but went because they (or, mostly their parents) thought it would be cool to take in the historic aspects of the program, the WBHOF, curiosity about the "palatial locker room," etc., and be treated really well. That does nothing but waste staff time and program resources.

Now imagine how much bigger a problem that could potentially become if the university is required to pay for an unlimited number of players and their families to visit Knoxville. Ugh.

The rules change allowing unlimited officials will probably be a major time and recruiting budget suck for Tennessee. Over the years there have been kids rumored to have made visits to Tennessee knowing full well they weren't going there and no matter what had already decided for somewhere else, but went because they (or, mostly their parents) thought it would be cool to take in the historic aspects of the program, the WBHOF, curiosity about the "palatial locker room," etc., and be treated really well. That does nothing but waste staff time and program resources.

Now imagine how much bigger a problem that could potentially become if the university is required to pay for an unlimited number of players and their families to visit Knoxville. Ugh.
Welcome to visit. OVs must be scheduled.

VN Store

Back