2024 Recruiting Thread

Recruiting in women's basketball is only going to get back to the top with a super NIL program for recruits. With SC and a few other schools having guaranteed 25 grand for every player Tennessee is going to need to match that at least or exceed it . I see more and more what looks like shady dealings in women's basketball just now catching up to football and men's basketball. You have to be a player no other solution.
This is what everyone wanted for the college game and nobody can stop it. If SC is offering up 25K now, it'll be 50K soon because market value goes up or 25K isn't enough to get by in college for someone who averages less than 2 mins a game and .3 points per game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is what everyone wanted for the college game and nobody can stop it. If SC is offering up 25K now, it'll be 50K soon because market value goes up or 25K isn't enough to get by in college for someone who averages less than 2 mins a game and .3 points per game.
It will and not making it clear to recruits is something that is going to put you in the rear quickly. I was surprised when SC and one of the Texas colleges announced that every player on their roster would be getting 25k Nil money. I know almost everyone of our players are getting that or more as the AT&T deal was supposedly 20k for the ones that got it. I don't like NIL but it is here and you can't win with average players.

It will and not making it clear to recruits is something that is going to put you in the rear quickly. I was surprised when SC and one of the Texas colleges announced that every player on their roster would be getting 25k Nil money. I know almost everyone of our players are getting that or more as the AT&T deal was supposedly 20k for the ones that got it. I don't like NIL but it is here and you can't win with average players.

It’ll only get worse.

One big question used to be whether a player would rather be a starter with lots of PT at a smaller school or a reserve at a much more successful school with higher visibility and chances for championships (the size if the fish vs. size of the pond dilemma).

Now we can factor in NIL benefits. Will guaranteed money convince players to take that offer even if it means a reduced role or even if it's not where the recruit truly wants to go?

It’ll only get worse.
maybe a cap high school recuits 25k top 100 30k all americans 40k then make all sec first or second 10 k or 20k made all american second team 40 k made first team all america 60k extra get some much for each year played wnba 230,000 courts would not stop a fair cap . teams like unconn will not want one but if most teams work together one could be put in place. may not happen it be nightmare for ncaa. every non top 100 recuit 25 to 50 k then bonus start top 100, all american high school recuit ,miss basketball in a state. then a freshmen could earn more for malking sec teams or all americans.

Last edited:
One big question used to be whether a player would rather be a starter with lots of PT at a smaller school or a reserve at a much more successful school with higher visibility and chances for championships (the size if the fish vs. size of the pond dilemma).

Now we can factor in NIL benefits. Will guaranteed money convince players to take that offer even if it means a reduced role or even if it's not where the recruit truly wants to go?
poor player who wants no debt and some spending money might play for lower ranked team if moneys right

poor player who wants no debt and some spending money might play for lower ranked team if moneys right

Agree, but the higher offers are generally going to come with the higher-ranked schools.

That being said, money isn't everything to all these players. It can't buy you love, for instance.

Not always the poor player, I use softball as an example. Can't ask a kid to come play for you but still a financial burden after leaving. Some players can do lower D1 get more money plus academic and walk away with zero or play D2 where money is given more freely. Not every kid dreams of the big school, majority do but more and more find their overall better fit on and off the field at the smaller school.

Last edited:
Agree, but the higher offers are generally going to come with the higher-ranked schools.

That being said, money isn't everything to all these players. It can't buy you love, for instance.
look at clark at iowa she could have went somewhere else would help some top team have a change at a champship

Not always the poor player, I use softball as an example. Can't ask a kid to come play for you but still a financial burden after leaving. Some players can do lower D1 get more money plus academic and walk away with zero or play D2 where money is given more freely. Mine is playing lower D1 and will have no debt when she graduates. Not every kid dreams of the big school, majority do but more and more find their overall better fit on and off the field at the smaller school.
agree money going to factor in to every players choice how much depends on the player and what they want

This is false! She wasn't in a UCONN commercial and it wasn't a commercial. It was her announcement!
Def was a commercial of her dunking .This was before the first pre-season game what announcement would she have during that time ? IT's titled you don't know me yet , but you will LOL

Def was a commercial of her dunking .This was before the first pre-season game what announcement would she have during that time ? IT's titled you don't know me yet , but you will LOL

It's dated Oct. 6, 2022 as she was enrolled in school at UConn. An advertisement of a media company with 300 followers on twitter to promote athletes.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
IMO, Cambridge is not a fair case to judge. My understanding is her family has a major bug up the butt about UT, said it from Day 1, continues to say it and means it. No rapport ever to be built.

That said, it will be officially bothersome if we go don't get a quality HS recruit in 24.

If that's the case I doubt her family would ever allow Cambridge to visit the LVs. Even if it was just a courtesy visit I believe she's taken an unofficial visit to UT.

Recruiting in women's basketball is only going to get back to the top with a super NIL program for recruits. With SC and a few other schools having guaranteed 25 grand for every player Tennessee is going to need to match that at least or exceed it . I see more and more what looks like shady dealings in women's basketball just now catching up to football and men's basketball. You have to be a player no other solution.
Abby Conklin said in a facebook in one of the three lady vols i belong too. *tennessee lost couple recuits that wanted to come but other schools out bid lady vols and " she something about promise nil deals and lady vols need up funding to boaster club to compete. now Abby knows about 23 recuits more than most of us on here. there no break or bust player in 24 or any year. do not take second hand information Abby Conklin + Tiffany Woosley are going to have lady vol boaster table up sec 113 6:30

Not saying it is weak but we don't go right out there and offer the money like some of them are doing. I've heard recruits have asked about NIL and our answer is something about you certainly have the opportunity here. Some other schools say we got you 50 grand if you want to play here. I know LSU did it. Sc got up 25 grand for everybody that is on the roster. I think this is where Kellie is being left behind. I don't think she is comfortable with it at all. We do have a NIL director now hasn't seemed to help yet. The next couple of months has to yield something for 2024 high school recruiting. It needs to be strong elite players not just filling vacancies. For next season it is again portal and it has to be a huge might need as many as five players and they will need to be elite.

NIL has become the lame go to excuse with every college football and basketball fan when recruiting is lackluster. Not going to name names but people act as though schools weren't paying players before NIL (which is actually a good idea if were done as intended). Or that players weren't turning down money to play for the team of their choice. Now with actual above board NIL the schools that do it correctly can fight back. I actually believe Geno. Because UConn WBB is a brand. They are UConn. Nothing wrong with the Patterson situation after she enrolled. The situation with the QB, Rashada Whatever, and the Florida schools is where it goes off the rails. I also believe the fine print doesn't match what some of these kids are being told. But I digress.

The problem isn't the LV's lack of an NIL game. It's that to a lot of current high school recruits its a brand that's not as "it" as watching Dawn Staley's Gamecocks as well as Aja Wilson. Watching Breanna Stewart as well as Azzy Fudd. Watching Olivia Miles showboat with another dime while seeing Arike and Skylar in the WNBA. Its about branding and finding kids and, more importantly, parents who understand that they can make a lot more money going to the right school doing NIL the way it was intended than schools throwing 7 figure offers with lots of strings attached.

Love Pat. But to todays recruits that's not going to cut it. Watching Iowa and C. Clark's wide-open fast break style is more appealing than the Lady Vols.

It's mystifying..... our tradition, arena,reputation. Recruits act as if we offer nothing. Did get Puckett and Striplin. Not convinced we're hanging on to Sara. The only conclusion I can come up with is our NIL game is weak.

It may boil down to a simple lack of trust. The elite recruits don't trust this coaching staff to take them where they want to go, whether it's leading them to a final four or teaching them to be a pro.

It may boil down to a simple lack of trust. The elite recruits don't trust this coaching staff to take them where they want to go, whether it's leading them to a final four or teaching them to be a pro.

Looking at Justine on the bench, thinking will that be me. But agree, 20 years of coaching and no good examples of players to say “we did that with her”

Per Cora Hall, KJH in attendance at a game with #2 Joyce Edwards vs #9 Bianca Thomas. Kim was also there. Ballout says the LVs have been "VERY busy on the trial with top recruits this week". 🙏🙏🙏

Is Kim looking at Edwards? She got a top 10 post in 23 class or does Thomas play the 4 spot too?

VN Store

Back