2024 Recruiting Thread

He was lying . Patterson had a commercial with her dunking in a UCONN uniform before she ever played her first game. Looks like NIL to me .

Was she a student at UConn or a still in HS? Indiana does not allow for HS kids to profit yet like others.

IMO, Cambridge is not a fair case to judge. My understanding is her family has a major bug up the butt about UT, said it from Day 1, continues to say it and means it. No rapport ever to be built.

I mean, we can continue to use this excuse for every big name recruit that won't give Kellie the time of day. At some point, it comes down to results...

Was she a student at UConn or a still in HS? Indiana does not allow for HS kids to profit yet like others.

I don't think the contracts would pay until the kid actually enrolls. And of course Indiana would not even know if a contract had been signed between private parties anyway.

Exactly so she was at UCONN already beforer the first preseason game is when the commercial was put out .
So she was already enrolled as a student at UConn? I don't think NIL has to coincide with the start of the season. I'm sure Haley Cavinder also had a bunch of NIL deals lined up before she played her next game after the rule went into effect

I don't think the contracts would pay until the kid actually enrolls. And of course Indiana would not even know if a contract had been signed between private parties anyway.
States like IN they would not, states like CA you can profit with colleges the day you sign your NLI with the school of choice.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
On recruiting, appears that the program lacks self awareness of who wants to be a Lady Vol. Past is the past. May have to consider signing a mix of players yet to reach their ceiling and some portal transfers. Striking out on elites and signing a full class of portal transfers is playing with fire. Add an elite when you can but so far not happening.

States like IN they would not, states like CA you can profit with colleges the day you sign your NLI with the school of choice.

*just a minute addendum, in certain states you would become ineligible to play immediately upon receiving an NIL payment. So as I understand it a senior player in IN could accept $ the day after their final game and be fine.

I mean, we can continue to use this excuse for every big name recruit that won't give Kellie the time of day. At some point, it comes down to results...
I'll probably continue to use this excuse for recruits whose families have some deep and abiding irrational hatred towards the whole institution. I'm sure there will be plenty of other recruits who won't give us the time of day. We can judge results from them.

I think they thought they could be a bit more choosy with the 23 class than they turned out to be. High on their own supply from the portal success. It will be interesting to see how far down the food chain they have to go to get someone signed for 24.

Recruiting in the portal era is brand new, everyone is still learning. But the LVs do need to get some significant gains while learning.

Not play immediately, but you can receive NIL in certain states now as HS kid. Below is a list of states.
High School NIL: State-by-state regulations for name, image and likeness rights - Opendorse

Thanks for the link. I'd wager that almost all the states will acquiesce in the next couple of years or they will lose the same lawsuit that the NCAA did. However, it is much trickier to sue governmental entities. Someone would probably have to accept $, be declared ineligible, and then sue the state. Kind of like volunteering for the firing squad and only future athletes will benefit.

Reactions: Majors
Thanks for the link. I'd wager that almost all the states will acquiesce in the next couple of years or they will lose the same lawsuit that the NCAA did. However, it is much trickier to sue governmental entities. Someone would probably have to accept $, be declared ineligible, and then sue the state. Kind of like volunteering for the firing squad and only future athletes will benefit.
state rights to set rules in school were schools are not making a lot of money off said players. i see state rights best change in court case. players in states in those states will have to wait till after highschools over or miss games . tenn has high school players geting money right?

tenn up vols football head coach to nine million to 2029 volquest on youtube guy said vols puting all their eggs in football basket. just one reporter who covers rocky top. but if football where money flowing from ut and bosters / donars then if the lady vols are number four or lower on donors list then it does not matter whos coaching lady vols they a back seat to football . more money is going to football so schools who do not have good football teams will have more money for that school number one nil goals mudcat says lady vols need a min money for all players and they star players come to rocky top play good ut will help get nil deals. ncaa womens basketball days of unconn and tenn geting most of all americans is over. unconn has bad football team and espn so any dumb doney behind could get recuits there. unconn mens does not get their choice of players cbs has mens basketball. get espn out womens game and anthor chanel get womens gae unconn falls out of top 4 teams espn got more than half of unconns 11 champships.

Last edited:
tenn up vols football head coach to nine million to 2029 volquest on youtube guy said vols puting all their eggs in football basket. just one reporter who covers rocky top. but if football where money flowing from ut and bosters / donars then if the lady vols are number four or lower on donors list then it does not matter whos coaching lady vols they a back seat to football . more money is going to football so schools who do not have good football teams will have more money for that school number one nil goals mudcat says lady vols need a min money for all players and they star players come to rocky top play good ut will help get nil deals. ncaa womens basketball days of unconn and tenn geting most of all americans is over. unconn has bad football team and espn so any dumb doney behind could get recuits there. unconn mens does not get their choice of players cbs has mens basketball. get espn out womens game and anthor chanel get womens gae unconn falls out of top 4 teams espn got more than half of unconns 11 champships.

When football is successful it makes more money so this investment in Heupel should more than pay for itself. It should help, not hurt the other programs.

When football is successful it makes more money so this investment in Heupel should more than pay for itself. It should help, not hurt the other programs.
theres 45 % incease of freshmen wanting to come to rocky top because of football volquest youtube video. we need a min niil deal for women basketball if want a chance to get some of our coaches top picks.

Recruiting in women's basketball is only going to get back to the top with a super NIL program for recruits. With SC and a few other schools having guaranteed 25 grand for every player Tennessee is going to need to match that at least or exceed it . I see more and more what looks like shady dealings in women's basketball just now catching up to football and men's basketball. You have to be a player no other solution.

Recruiting in women's basketball is only going to get back to the top with a super NIL program for recruits. With SC and a few other schools having guaranteed 25 grand for every player Tennessee is going to need to match that at least or exceed it . I see more and more what looks like shady dealings in women's basketball just now catching up to football and men's basketball. You have to be a player no other solution.
is pissott geting 25 or better. is there a place to see what some of players are getting. and do players have a right not to tell how much they are getting?

VN Store

Back