2024 Recruiting Thread

Are you a uconn fan?

VA_VOLFAN, it's so funny you asked Voldopia that because I actually had that same suspicion and, last night, went back and read many of his old posts. He seems to be keenly interested in Connecticut women's basketball, to say the least.

We may have another one of those CT fan posers who make up a Tennessee fan-sounding screen name to post. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Right, because after years and years and years of out-recruiting Tennessee the UConn staff decided they needed to pay closer attention to which players Tennessee was recruiting? Why? Dumbest take ever. Ever. It's more likely Tennessee has been following UConn's stellar recruiting.

Of all the players you mention, only Samuels was a player UConn jumped in on late in the recruiting cycle. The reason for that was probably because the UConn staff realized they weren't getting Booker. They also really liked what they saw in Samuels at AAU events. Says very little about Tennessee that UConn was able to jump in late and win her commitment in a couple of weeks.

As for the other players on your list, UConn has been recruiting them for as long as Tennesse has and in most cases longer. UConn was the dream school of Arnold and she never seriously considered Tennessee. Shade's dream school was UConn. Why would Geno need to rely on Tennessee to recruit an elite player who loved his program? Make it make sense.

Berry has been a target of the UConn staff since she was a freshman in the summer of 2020. There was an article in January 2021 in which Berry talks about UConn's interest and how it is her dream school.

UConn has been recruiting Booker for at least a couple of years. Why? She's an elite player and everybody has been recruiting her!

Come on. This sounds like Maria Cornelius nonsense.

Well, and cheating. Buying a house for a player’s family and giving her mother a great-paying job wasn’t legal for 99% of Geno’s career.

Right, because after years and years and years of out-recruiting Tennessee the UConn staff decided they needed to pay closer attention to which players Tennessee was recruiting? Why? Dumbest take ever. Ever. It's more likely Tennessee has been following UConn's stellar recruiting.

Of all the players you mention, only Samuels was a player UConn jumped in on late in the recruiting cycle. The reason for that was probably because the UConn staff realized they weren't getting Booker. They also really liked what they saw in Samuels at AAU events. Says very little about Tennessee that UConn was able to jump in late and win her commitment in a couple of weeks.

As for the other players on your list, UConn has been recruiting them for as long as Tennesse has and in most cases longer. UConn was the dream school of Arnold and she never seriously considered Tennessee. Shade's dream school was UConn. Why would Geno need to rely on Tennessee to recruit an elite player who loved his program? Make it make sense.

Berry has been a target of the UConn staff since she was a freshman in the summer of 2020. There was an article in January 2021 in which Berry talks about UConn's interest and how it is her dream school.

UConn has been recruiting Booker for at least a couple of years. Why? She's an elite player and everybody has been recruiting her!

And really, whatever. UConn will never win another championship. Way too much parity. He’s washed up.

Reactions: Dak1219
VA_VOLFAN, it's so funny you asked Voldopia that because I actually had that same suspicion and, last night, went back and read many of his old posts. He seems to be keenly interested in Connecticut women's basketball, to say the least.

We may have another one of those CT fan posers who make up a Tennessee fan-sounding screen name to post. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

I was asking genuinely because i was confused 😂... Then I (like you) went back and looked at the old posts and it had a certain tone to it. I am all for objectivity seriously. People have asked me am i truly a LV fan because i have given credit where it's due but ... this was different.

PS. I guess the poster was way off about Justine huh 😉 and SC those posts didn't age well

I was asking genuinely because i was confused 😂... Then I (like you) went back and looked at the old posts and it had a certain tone to it. I am all for objectivity seriously. People have asked me am i truly a LV fan because i have given credit where it's due but ... this was different.

PS. I guess the poster was way off about Justine huh 😉 and SC those posts didn't age well
That's definitely who i am a true LV fan but will be honest,fair and give credit and respect when it is due to whatever school or whatever person

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they saw my screen name and said "oh Voltopia, that's funny, Tennessee fans are a bunch of dopes -- HEY that gives me an idea."

Bah, such a small, tiny effort. They didn't even try. If you're going to snark on my name, I insist on at least a medium-sized effort. With curly fries.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they saw my screen name and said "oh Voltopia, that's funny, Tennessee fans are a bunch of dopes -- HEY that gives me an idea."

Bah, such a small, tiny effort. They didn't even try. If you're going to snark on my name, I insist on at least a medium-sized effort. With curly fries.

Haha ... so at first look i thought it was you then i had to look again.

I didn’t read too closely your blah, blah, blah, blah because I don’t give a rat’s hiney about Slade or Samuels. But, in defining dumbest take ever, saying Tennessee is “following” Connie’s recruiting is a clear winner.

2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (38)
2. Mikayla Blakes (16)
3. Jaloni Cambridge (2)
4. Justice Carlton (21)
5. Morgan Cheli (30)
6. Kendall Dudley (4)
7. Joyce Edwards (1)
8. Jordan Lee (14)
9. Tahj Monet-Bloom (30)
10. Olivia Olsen (3)
11. Taliyah Parker (6)
12. Blanca Thomas (10)
13. Ava Grace Watson (41)

Last edited:
2024 offers:

1. Imari Berry (38)
2. Mikayla Blakes (16)
3. Jaloni Cambridge (2)
4. Justice Carlton (21)
5. Morgan Cheli (30)
6. Kendall Dudley (4)
7. Joyce Edwards (1)
8. Jordan Lee (14)
9. Tahj Monet-Bloom (28)
10. Olivia Olsen (3)
11. Taliyah Parker (6)
12. Blanca Thomas (6)
13. Ava Grace Watson (41)

A few with information missing or not known ?
Players of interest but no offer .

#20 Kate Koval 6’4” Post NY I think has an offer ?

#9 Allie Ziebell 5’10” G from Wisconsin?
#21 Justice Carlton 6’1” F from Texas has us in her Top 20…

#40 Ella Hobbs 6’3” F NC visit
#53 Taylor Banner PG Nc visit

Last edited:
Oregon, Louisville, SC, and Harvard are mentioned on Kate Koval's twitter as having offered. I did not see a TN offer. I hope we have. Hope Allie Ziebell has an offer too. Incidentally, Koval, who plays in NY, is from the Ukraine.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back