2024 Recruiting Thread

You may be looking at it from a LV fan POV. Put yourself into the recruits shoes. Tennessee has not been a top 10 team in a long time. TV is manipulated by networks dedicating their air time to teams in the same region so the prospect may not get enough exposure to the LV's to affect their opinion. Lots of coaches in their ear who have loyalties to other programs. Some players want to stay close to home. Others want to get away. Very, very few players are "must gets" but there are certainly a lot of "love to have" players. In the end, the best thing that can happen to our LV's is to win and look good doing it. That will get the attention of elite players faster than anything.

I think the sooner we all accept we won’t get Cambridge, the easier it’ll be when she chooses elsewhere.

She’s not coming here, and yes I’m remaining secretive about it! 😂

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
How many offers does Hawk have? I found this article on her, and here is a quote, "This success at such a young age has brought attention to many collegiate programs. Hawk currently holds a Division I over from Murray State University, while also talking to the University of Tennessee, Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, Michigan and other Division I programs." What does talking mean? If she was really that great of a player, why haven't these other programs offered? Has she reached out to the programs or have they contacted her? It also seems like Tennessee is recruiting elite talent in that class at this point in 23 and 24. Does Hawk have that X factor with Speed, Athleticism, the ability to rebound out of the 2-4 spots as well as the physicality to compete in the SEC? That seems to be the type of players Kellie is after in both 23 and 24 as well as really good point guards and top-ranked post players. Tennessee Women's Basketball Recruiting - Page 3 of 4 - WBB Blog

BTW, I have never seen her play, so I am not downplaying this player at all. I am just curious if she has those aspects to her game.

Madi's whole game has changed and is growing. Her floor defense has gotten much better.
and btw I told her not to worry about what she is going into the season,,it is what you are at the end that counts
Better to be "good then great" than to be "great then good"

Madi's whole game has changed and is growing. Her floor defense has gotten much better.
and btw I told her not to worry about what she is going into the season,,it is what you are at the end that counts
Better to be "good then great" than to be "great then good"
I'm pulling for her i love in state kids that bleed orange. I been doing my homework on this kid and I am truly impressed with what I have seen. I saw she has been playing VARSITY HS and was a starter since 7th grade (I read an article) what an awesome venture she is having. Whether or not she goes to TN im a fan. Not many kids play HS varsity as a middle schooler much less start. I'm impressed with her shooting abilities from 3 her range is crazy good. If we had her and Justine imagine what that would do to defenses lol 😆

I'm pulling for her i love in state kids that bleed orange. I been doing my homework on this kid and I am truly impressed with what I have seen. I saw she has been playing VARSITY HS and was a starter since 7th grade (I read an article) what an awesome venture she is having. Whether or not she goes to TN im a fan. Not many kids play HS varsity as a middle schooler much less start. I'm impressed with her shooting abilities from 3 her range is crazy good. If we had her and Justine imagine what that would do to defenses lol 😆

she already has over 1000 for her career,,,though only on her freshman year forward,,count

I'm just honestly wondering what kids are seeing or not seeing at TN that make them choose another school. Growing up for me anyway TN was the epitome of women's basketball and anyone and everyone wanted to be a lady vol now not so much not so much at all.
WHY
Been asking that for a while!! Something is happening or not happening during their visit. Kellie needs to figure it out .

I'm just honestly wondering what kids are seeing or not seeing at TN that make them choose another school. Growing up for me anyway TN was the epitome of women's basketball and anyone and everyone wanted to be a lady vol now not so much not so much at all.
WHY

giphy.gif

WHY

easy
the "Instant Gratification Generation",,,if there's an app or shortcut...e.g..Go to the existing powers for the surest course of success....
That's why having kids like Madi is important,,,they know how to stay the course and work for what they want. plus she can shoot lights out!

thats also why I put a lot of stock into the recruits we see this year...They are not new to me,,,I have seen several games for each of the four...Coach K's got a good class here....And Kaiya will be the surprise of it all

As I've said before, she's the most important recruit of the Kellie era. I don't know what her chances are, but others here seem to think it's slim to none -- which sounds insane to me to believe she can't make significant inroads on an IN STATE recruit at this point of the game. If that's the case she really is a crappy recruiter, and I'm not sure why you would expect her to recruit the top players nationally when she can't even get the top players locally.

But, you know, she can't FORCE these kids to like Tennessee...

More opinion unsubstantiated by facts.

Reactions: Lucy
WHY

I'm wondering WHY you have never heard of Pissott, Dye, Suarez, Puckett, Miles, Striplin, Wynn, etc.

WHY
We have a really good class coming in and a top 10-15 recruit so far for 2022. We’ve had some great unofficial, on their own dime, visits by top 2023 kids. These kids apparently really liked their visits. Kellie hired two great recruiters to up our recruiting game. They are in early on a lot of great recruits coming out in the next several classes. There is no problem with “what they are seeing” . We are getting and will be getting our rightful share of elite recruits.

More opinion unsubstantiated by facts.

Al …. Please leave the TROLL alone !
“ The most important recruit in the Harper era”

What a crock of dung …. Kellie got here in the middle of the recruiting year and picked up a few decent roll players and maybe a starter if her foot heals ? Recruited in a World Wide Pandemic with no face to face meetings and came through that with a top fifteen class ! Two years SO FAR IS THE HARPER ERA !!!! We haven’t started the third year yet …. 🤔

As most people on this forum know that I follow recruiting pretty closely ! Go back a few years to the previous coach and look at the Tennessee recruits , and how successful we were then….. 2016 comes to my mind first ! What a haul we made then ….. and the number three rated recruit from Murfreesboro didn’t go to UT !!!!!

In 2018 there were many recruits from Tennessee in the top 100 ! And FIVE WERE IN THE TOP 48 ….. We got ONE player and she transferred to Kentucky! Talk about NOT recruiting your state ! For those who don’t know ….. Rhyne Howard was #32 and we didn’t get her either ? It is a good thing Kellie wasn’t here yet way back then when the recruiting was so much better than now !

“ How soon we forget “. 😱

PS. Apologize for not naming the mention recruits names but those TRUE LADY VOL FOLLOWERS know the whole story about recruiting. Anyone that wants to know all the names I can list them if you like ?

Last edited:
Been asking that for a while!! Something is happening or not happening during their visit. Kellie needs to figure it out .

It isn't hard to figure out. She hasn't won anything yet at Tennessee. Yet. But she will. And when she does, they will lining up to play here. Just like Barnes. He didn't win anything at Tennessee for three seasons, then he did, and then the elite recruits started coming. Again, it isn't hard to figure out.

Reactions: mcannon1
Well Lucy, they are getting top talent on campus yet not committing.....what do you think Lucy?? Just sitting on your computer and saying nope ain't working..
I think we have elite recruits joining the team this year and next year. I think relationships are being established which will continue that pipeline in the future.
I do not understand what people are envisioning happening on visits that would turn recruits off. Do you all think Kellie makes them run suicides until they toss their cookies? Tells them their mothers/fathers should drop a few lbs? I mean really! She is probably honest with them about where she sees them fitting in etc but if that makes a kid not want to come then they probably wouldn’t fit with what Kellie is doing. For example there was a young lady that was talked about on here a lot. She visited and then no talk about her. This would be typical for some on here to freak out about Kellie doing something to run her off. I got a little taste of her social media and based on that I don’t think she would fit in with LVs. A good kid I’m sure but I didn’t see it. But let’s just keep blaming Kellie for missing the magic bean.
We have great kids coming here! Can we not celebrate them instead of bitching and moaning about the unknown “thing” that Kellie is doing. So you sit at your computer and bring nothing but whining. Hope this response was enough typing for you.

I think we have elite recruits joining the team this year and next year. I think relationships are being established which will continue that pipeline in the future.
I do not understand what people are envisioning happening on visits that would turn recruits off. Do you all think Kellie makes them run suicides until they toss their cookies? Tells them their mothers/fathers should drop a few lbs? I mean really! She is probably honest with them about where she sees them fitting in etc but if that makes a kid not want to come then they probably wouldn’t fit with what Kellie is doing. For example there was a young lady that was talked about on here a lot. She visited and then no talk about her. This would be typical for some on here to freak out about Kellie doing something to run her off. I got a little taste of her social media and based on that I don’t think she would fit in with LVs. A good kid I’m sure but I didn’t see it. But let’s just keep blaming Kellie for missing the magic bean.
We have great kids coming here! Can we not celebrate them instead of bitching and moaning about the unknown “thing” that Kellie is doing. So you sit at your computer and bring nothing but whining. Hope this response was enough typing for you.
What are we supposed to be celebrating????

Maybe the reason big name recruits are not coming here is because some fan or fans are messaging them or even worse going up to them at AAU games offering to be their Basketball Whisperer or Mentor 🤷🏻‍♀️

Kellie isn't playing by everyone else's rules she is playing the Pat Summitt way good or bad. She won't bad mouth another school or get in "good" with AAU coaches. However, i think Kellie has some new assistants who might check a couple of these coaches out here being shady if Kellie doesn't! And by shady i dont just mean saying what your school has to offer that makes you the better choice...

🍿👀

Puckett, Striplin, Miles, Wynn, Dye, Prissott
A damn good group who will propel this program forward. But feel free to denigrate them.
I agree that the Class of 2021 and Justine coming in 2022 will indeed propel the LVs program forward and back to competing for championships.. Folks, don't sleep on them. Denigrate them at your peril and be prepared to have some hot sauce with your crow.

VN Store

Back