2024 Recruiting Thread

If TN can't land the top instate recruit ....
Jaloni Cambridge
Darn.
We so needed to have a better performance in the ncaa tournament. Winning is the way to again become a target for top recruits.
We have essentially 2 seasons to change her mind! If we can find a way to make it to a final 4 in the next season or two, a lot of things could change.

Even if it's not the final 4 and just a couple Elite 8's might convince her that she is the piece that gets us there

We have essentially 2 seasons to change her mind! If we can find a way to make it to a final 4 in the next season or two, a lot of things could change.

Even if it's not the final 4 and just a couple Elite 8's might convince her that she is the piece that gets us there
2024 class seems to be loaded with talent, guard heavy of course but alot if elite talent and several of them are in TN so I'm excited to see what kellie can get in this class as well

Reactions: mlindsay
any chance one of the BEST young talents in the world comes to the United States for college instead of going pro??

Anything is possible but I don't see her coming to the States to continue her basketball career.
BTW, she IS the best player in her age group.

Anything is possible but I don't see her coming to the States to continue her basketball career.

I could see if she was coming to a place where things are better but overseas a female players get treated WAY better than they do here professionally and have a big following. She could stay over there and rack up money soon.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

maybe for europe!,,,I have a 14 year old that I am training right now that is 6'2", shoots from the top of her head (like Larry Bird shot), does jump-hooks, drop-steps, can attack the basket in one dribble from anywhere on the arc, does not bring the ball down on a rebound and can defend one-on-one,,,I will drop some footage of her next week

maybe for europe!,,,I have a 14 year old that I am training right now that is 6'2", shoots from the top of her head (like Larry Bird shot), does jump-hooks, drop-steps, can attack the basket in one dribble from anywhere on the arc, does not bring the ball down on a rebound and can defend one-on-one,,,I will drop some footage of her next week
she is a 15 year old playing with WNBA All-Stars I am pretty sure she is the greatest young talent in the world

Lol.
Come on coach. I understand you have a tendency toward hyperbole, but let's base these evaluations in at least some reality.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Never change coach. You Crack me up.

any chance one of the BEST young talents in the world comes to the United States for college instead of going pro??

That is beyond ridiculous for a 15 year old. BTW....we had our shooting mechanics discussion recently. Her shot is great example of what we were explaining about the more modern shooting technique that is taught today. Her shot is very fluid. Very much a 1 motion rhythm shot and that motion begins around waist to ribs vicinity. Someone should warn her about all the times she is going to get her shot blocked 🤣

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Is there a challenge here?
IS there a specific claim you question?
For me it was your "maybe for Europe". That implies that Juste wouldn't be #1 here ( Which, while possible, is unlikely).
Then you specifically mention a player you're coaching. Which, in the context of discussing who is the #1 player, was your entry in the evaluations for #1.
Do you think the player that you're coaching has a reasonable chance to be ranked #1 in her class?

For me it was your "maybe for Europe". That implies that Juste wouldn't be #1 here ( Which, while possible, is unlikely).
Then you specifically mention a player you're coaching. Which, in the context of discussing who is the #1 player, was your entry in the evaluations for #1.
Do you think the player that you're coaching has a reasonable chance to be ranked #1 in her class?

I think any player I coach can be #1 in their class. And when I don't think this, it will be time for me to hang up my clipboard.

At 6'2", she already has height and she is not a bag of bones or a creampuff, she is very athletic.
If she stays as committed as she is now and when she gets on the national radar once she starts playing HS ball, she will definitely not go unnoticed...decide for yourself later this week. I will video some of her workout in our next session

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I could see if she was coming to a place where things are better but overseas a female players get treated WAY better than they do here professionally and have a big following. She could stay over there and rack up money soon.

What are the numbers? What would she make in international WBB?
I think we could compete with a $100k contract, but probably not much more than that.

What are the numbers? What would she make in international WBB?
I think we could compete with a $100k contract, but probably not much more than that.

Here's some numbers for you

Overseas Basketball Salaries - Earnings by Country

Remember she is young but she could make money off the jump depending where she wants to go.

Remember Nneka O "settled" for 100k foregoing her overseas playing where she would have made at least 5 times that amount.

That's why WNBA players go over seas because they make mad money. Even the ones that are Rookies go overseas to make $120k

Reactions: 37620VOL

VN Store

Back