2024 Recruiting Thread

Thanks.....I had seen Madi before and Booker wants to be another Candice ! šŸ˜

These ladies are Tennessee girls ...,,, donā€™t let them get away Kelly.....

PS.... sorry Booker is from MS. ?
Letā€™s hope she actually wants to be another Candace (Parker) and not Candice (Wiggins).

Watched feed of KY Premier vs boo Williams and cy fair Hawk had 15 and then 14 hit 6 out 12 from 3 in those two games.

I was proud of that kid,,,she started the tournament a little slow and when the games mattered most, she bowed up and fought...more telling she did this work in the pool play first place teams bracket (platinum bracket) playing up

Last edited:
If you have that feed, then you have access to these:
Scout #4 for me and let me know what you think

Silver playoff round of 8: (#4 black) comes in at the 28:33 mark on the recording
SUN 8AM Ct 3 North Tartan vs Philly Rise - PTB Live
Silver playoff round of 4:
SUN 11AM Ct 2 TBA - PTB Live

let me know if you are going t o do this please
Watched her in 2 games. She is standing alot of them. She has slow first step. She not great defender. However she has pretty shot and makes good passes. Never really seen her crash the boards or fight for loose balls. She moves slow but is really long. I see her as a Kourtney Dunbar kinda player.

Watched her in 2 games. She is standing alot of them. She has slow first step. She not great defender. However she has pretty shot and makes good passes. Never really seen her crash the boards or fight for loose balls. She moves slow but is really long. I see her as a Kourtney Dunbar kinda player.
thank you

Last edited:

isnā€™t someone with a good shot and can make passes into the post something we needed? My thing is she can probably fill a role that we havenā€™t had in awhile. She was highly sought after so something has to be valuable ?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
isnā€™t someone with a good shot and can make passes into the post something we needed? My thing is she can probably fill a role that we havenā€™t had in awhile. She was highly sought after so something has to be valuable ?
Yes it is, what Tennessee needs someone to stretch floor however if you can't defend you will have to be used situational. That's why I think she definitely reminds me of Dunbar.

Yes it is, what Tennessee needs someone to stretch floor however if you can't defend you will have to be used situational. That's why I think she definitely reminds me of Dunbar.

I keep saying Katie Lou Samuelson. Samuelson could pass the ball and learned to take off the dribble and pull up. I donā€™t remember Dunbar being a good passer. A coach can plan their defenses to their players strengths. Geno hid KLS often on defense and their team defense was better than their individual defense. We have individual athletic defenders we need to be playing better TEAM defense. A lot of our plays our individual defensive plays if we can get that with team defense itā€™s gonna be trouble.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I keep saying Katie Lou Samuelson. A coach can plan their defenses to their players strengths. Geno hid KLS often on defense and their team defense was better than their individual defense. We have individual athletic defenders we need to be playing better TEAM defense
You are spot on. Hey you can't teach 6ft 4 with a sweet shot. You can teach all the other stuff.

Dunbar wouldā€™ve been useful under a good coach. Kellie will demand more defensively Iā€™m sure so Iā€™m not terribly worried. Sheā€™ll continue to improve and has another year if development before sheā€™s a freshman on campus. And then 4 further years. Who she is today wonā€™t be who she is when we need her most.

Ez3ALS5VcAAwySo

We need to be in on the same kids UCONN, SC, are on. Recruiting just needs to be better.

are we not in on the same kids as uconn and SC?

Madi Hawk 24ā€™ (interest from stanford) and Madison Booker (has multiple SEC offers and others) ... hereā€™s the thing with Kellie she doesnā€™t leak anything and itā€™s annoying lol

are we not in on the same kids as uconn and SC?

Madi Hawk 24ā€™ (interest from stanford) and Madison Booker (has multiple SEC offers and others) ... hereā€™s the thing with Kellie she doesnā€™t leak anything and itā€™s annoying lol
Although it can be frustrating, I actually like it because I think it is better for the program overall! Look at what is being said about Justine and even some of our players in the 2021 class. Kellie brings in a good class and folks are still complaining because it isn't Dawn's or Geno's class. What one coach sees or wants for their program wont be the same for another coach. If one was to then decommit and go somewhere else and light it up, the complaint would be why we didn't bring in this or that player (normally the higher ranked one.

Prime example Rhyne Howard (ranked #32) was ranked lower than Zaay Green (ranked #10), Jazz Massengil (ranked #25), but so far Rhyne has been the better player as well as Rae (ranked #43) and one can argue Mimi Collins (ranked #49). Folks have to stop getting caught up in the rankings and look at what are the best fits. Kellie (imo) has a plan, some folks in this fanbase though are content is wanting to see her plan fail, rather than to allow her time to at least see if her plan is a good/great one.

Although it can be frustrating, I actually like it because I think it is better for the program overall! Look at what is being said about Justine and even some of our players in the 2021 class. Kellie brings in a good class and folks are still complaining because it isn't Dawn's or Geno's class. What one coach sees or wants for their program wont be the same for another coach. If one was to then decommit and go somewhere else and light it up, the complaint would be why we didn't bring in this or that player (normally the higher ranked one.

Prime example Rhyne Howard (ranked #32) was ranked lower than Zaay Green (ranked #10), Jazz Massengil (ranked #25), but so far Rhyne has been the better player as well as Rae (ranked #43) and one can argue Mimi Collins (ranked #49). Folks have to stop getting caught up in the rankings and look at what are the best fits. Kellie (imo) has a plan, some folks in this fanbase though are content is wanting to see her plan fail, rather than to allow her time to at least see if her plan is a good/great one.

Howard had a low ranking by Hoopgurlz, but she was top 10 in ASGR and top 20 in Prospect Nation. She was also Tennessee player of the year over Massengill. She was clearly considered one of the elite players in her class.

I agree with the general concept of what you are saying, but at the same time...Kellie didn't pass up on the players in Geno/Dawn's class; it was the other way around. If she could have gotten Saniya Rivers, Raven Johnson, Azzi Fudd or Caroline Ducharme, do you doubt that Kellie would have taken them? It would be one thing if she wasn't recruiting these players because she didn't see them as a fit; it's another thing that she's losing the recruiting battles and bringing in what are likely secondary targets.

I think Kellie is doing a great job fixing the dysfunctional culture that existed on the team thanks to Holly, and you can see on-court improvements (usually) with how they are playing the game. But recruiting continues to be a concern. She's losing battles to the elite coaches, and I hope that she starts beating them out soon for some of the primary targets. 2022 is an important class with Rae graduating, and all of Holly's 5-star recruits will be gone by the time 2023 rolls around.

I wish I could like this more than once !!!!!

Another example : I got interested in Hamilton Heights when Kamilla Carodosa was a freshman/ sophomore. Her teammates Balogun , and Jaz , and Treasure weā€™re getting recognized by recruiting services but Kamilla ( at first) was not even listed !!! But she had what you cannot coach (6ā€™6ā€) and some agility! She looked like an Antelope running up and down the court and I donā€™t mean this in a good way . I believe it took her till her Junior year to get noticed . And even then one service did not even list her at all ? But ended up as a top 5ā€”10 ranked player and is now being talked about as a national championship maker for some schools ! šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Rae is one of my favorite players to make the services questioning their ratings! I could see her abilities from day one , but what a train wreck until she started to slow down and let the game come to her ..... Obviously improving her shooting comes with practice and effort to improve! These ranking services tend to look at numbers , percentages , rebounds, even judging players by height and weight ? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Iā€™ll end this rant with a favorite of mine .
ā€œ Itā€™s not the size of the dog in the fight ,
but the size of the fight in the dog !ā€ JMO

VN Store

Back